The Walking Dead - Season 2

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Truth.

The Walking Dead - Season 2

Post by Truth. »

90 minute premier tonight, season 1 marathon on AMC all day

let's cross our fingers the writers stepped it up this season

7 episodes air this year, next 6 air mid February, ya shitty i know

Dan

Post by Dan »

Also, a 30 minute talk show about the show airs at midnight et.

I'll be watching both, though admittedly, I don't have high hopes for either.

Panama

Post by Panama »

This show fell off after ep 1

Should've followed the comic storyline tighter

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I think it was Patton Oswalt who said on twitter that the first two episodes are legit.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Ramen wrote:I think it was Patton Oswalt who said on twitter that the first two episodes are legit.
He's also appearing on Talking Dead. Which is why we're hearing his opinions on this season. Obviously he wouldn't trash the show. Did any of us even know he watched this series?

Ego

Post by Ego »

Panama wrote:This show fell off after ep 1

Should've followed the comic storyline tighter
just re-watched the first season on netfilx, episode one is really the only one that matters.

You can tell that the writers weren't sure if it was going to be a mini series or not so they kept tossing in little bits of the comic where they really didn't belong. The special effects really suck towards the end of the season, it's like you can watch their budget evaporate.

i read that darabont may not really be very involved at all. more budget issues with amc

sad really, it has so much potential

is 't-dog' supposed to be a shitty tyreese substitute?

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

i dig this show, but it really really makes me miss breaking bad and wish it was on year round new episodes forever

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

The first season was a let down but I'm still on board. I don't know the specifics but I heard about writers getting canned and Darabont distancing himself from the project. Not really sure where they are at right now exactly but I'm hoping with all the changes and redirection of the project, as well as the knowledge of knowing that they dropped the ball with the later episodes of season one, that somebody is going to step up and save the day. It's kind of a long shot but I think the loss of momentum may be a blessing in disguise here.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Merge thread with other Walking dead season 2 thread that was merged with the walking dead season 2 thread I started?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Show needs more kills and less emotional monologues.

Although I doubt Carl is dead, him getting bucked made my day. Fuck that little faggot.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Blockhead wrote:Show needs more kills and less emotional monologues.

Although I doubt Carl is dead, him getting bucked made my day. Fuck that little faggot.
I was hoping that Buck was just going to fuck him up.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

^^^same but i'm glad he got shot too, thats what ya get for tryin to hang with the big boys

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

yeah fuck that fool.

scene with the zombies sitting in church was pretty crazy.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Daryl>>>>the majority of the characters in the graphic novel.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

I thought it was a quality first episode. Definitely a giant step forward after the debacle that was the final episode of season 1.

The graphic novel is much less about kills than it is about the human element, so I'm fine with the way the episode went. There was enough zombie encounters to move things along as well. It was a little suspect when it looked like the black guy ripped open an artery and then was fine later, but that's a minor complaint. Looks like we're getting to the farm next episode. Looking forward to it.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Apathwhy

Post by Apathwhy »

I'd like the human element if the writing wasn't so shit. Plus the acting is awful. I don't like any of the characters.

they will never be able to live up to the awesome pilot episode.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Apathwhy wrote:I'd like the human element if the writing wasn't so shit. Plus the acting is awful. I don't like any of the characters.

they will never be able to live up to the awesome pilot episode.
I actually thought the writing was much better in this episode than it was in much of last season. The acting didn't grate on me either.

I can't tell if I liked it so much because an average episode looks much better than the crap we were forced to swallow much of last season or what. I feel like I'll have a better idea after watching it again next week.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Dan

Post by Dan »

Show would've been better if the group were searching for a character that we actually knew/cared about.

Talking Dead was a decent wrap-up show. It's 30 minutes on AMC, then continued online for about another 20. Patton Oswalt was basically ripping on plots and characters. Wish he was a regular.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

jamrage wrote:I thought it was a quality first episode. Definitely a giant step forward after the debacle that was the final episode of season 1.

The graphic novel is much less about kills than it is about the human element, so I'm fine with the way the episode went. There was enough zombie encounters to move things along as well. It was a little suspect when it looked like the black guy ripped open an artery and then was fine later, but that's a minor complaint. Looks like we're getting to the farm next episode. Looking forward to it.
I agree with you. Enjoyed the first episode. I expect nothing this season, I only hope for the best.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

The writing is still pretty bad I was cringing the entire time he was on the walkie talkie

the little kids face looking at the buck was too hilarious

the zombie church scene was pretty great though.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

was pretty good

I can still enjoy the show even with all it's cliches and cheesy dialogue

Interested in how the quality is gonna be once the episodes where Darabont left start airing

wheels

Post by wheels »

Only thing that bothered me was how they cut in too often with commercials. Kind of killed the zombie vibe.

Much better than the end of last season

perlman

Post by perlman »

This show makes me feel like I'm Nas, in that I only root for the villain. Its hard to decide who I hate more on this show.
If I had a hammer/I'd build a city on stilts

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

did they even reveal the convo between teh CDC doctor and the main character? what the hell was that? I thought it was between telling him everyone was infected(once you die your azombie whether or not your bitten) or that shane was trying to fuck the wife in the game room.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:The writing is still pretty bad I was cringing the entire time he was on the walkie talkie
I have more of a beef with Andrew Lincoln's hokey southern accent during that scene than I do with the dialogue.

Much better episode than anything from the first season sans the pilot.

Sometimes I feel like Norman Reedus is the only believable actor on the show.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

I find the show watchable, but I really don't care what happens at all.
Thought T-Dawg was a goner for sure though.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

yea my nigga T-Dawg looked like he severed an artery in that damn arm, what the hell was that old man doing besides spying on the girl when he was the lookout

i still want to know if i just missed the cdc dr's reveal to the main character or they just dropped that.
UBM CD COMING SOON

alpha

Post by alpha »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:did they even reveal the convo between teh CDC doctor and the main character? what the hell was that? I thought it was between telling him everyone was infected(once you die your azombie whether or not your bitten) or that shane was trying to fuck the wife in the game room.
lori's pregnant

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I was surprised the kid got shot, if anything I thought the buck was going to murk him.

If it was t-dawg who wandered off would the search be as extent.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Carl gets shot while in the woods in the comics for those wondering

except not while staring into the eyes of a buck, i was about to bail on the show if they had the buck trample him :lol: