Game of Thrones - Season 2 - TV Discussion Thread (NSFW)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

can't front, i've been taking discreet lunch meetings with both team Iron Islands and Team Stannis+Hot Bitch, discussing possible moves... we'll see how it goes
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

i need a link! cant wait til 9!

None

Post by None »

I'm almost finished with Game of Thrones - an R.R. Martin joint, and while it's been months since I watched the first season, the way the events coalesce in each is rather different. Certainly worth reading even if there is often too much time spent on colorways and food. I'll be curious to see how Book 2 compare to this season. Also, I need this new episode now!

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

I'm suffering from character overload a bit this year. It sucks because I don't think it would be a problem if I could just force myself to wait until the end of the season and bang them all out in a Marathon, but I like the show too much to do that.

Not that I can't follow, but waiting a week and then getting a grab bag of unrelated scenes -- all individually awesome -- is kinda not awesome.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

^I feel you. I'm constantly thinking "Who is that?" and then figuring it out as the scene goes. All white people look a-like.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

decent episode, setting up good stuff and they got the obligatory gay scene out early. really like renly's wife, the show could use more strong female characters that aren't infuriating in their stupidity (catelyn and salsa) or dykey. especially the kind that don't mind doing a whole scene nekkid

None

Post by None »

drizzle wrote:decent episode, setting up good stuff and they got the obligatory gay scene out early. really like renly's wife, the show could use more strong female characters that aren't infuriating in their stupidity (catelyn and salsa) or dykey. especially the kind that don't mind doing a whole scene nekkid
Is it me or was Catelyn less frustrating in the book? Also, Salsa is the worst. But yeah, Renly's beard is great even if Renly's beard is horrible and looks like it's held on with spirit glue.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

idk i thought the character was more gratingly shitty in the book, but the actress playing her in the show somehow actually makes her seem worse on screen. either way, that dumb bitch sucks in any medium.

None

Post by None »

drizzle wrote:idk i thought the character was more gratingly shitty in the book, but the actress playing her in the show somehow actually makes her seem worse on screen. either way, that dumb bitch sucks in any medium.
I never had a problem with the character, but then again I'm not team Lannister. Despite my love for Tyrion, who was amazing these past couple episodes.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

the whole war is basically on her. if she didn't kidnap tyrion (for no real reason mind you), ned wouldn't have fought with Jaime and wouldn't have gotten wounded, robert wouldn't have went off on a hunt and thus probably wouldn't have died (at least not at that convienient time), joffrey wouldn't have been king, and ned wouldn't have died.

Post by 360 »

drizzle wrote:the whole war is basically on her. if she didn't kidnap tyrion (for no real reason mind you), ned wouldn't have fought with Jaime and wouldn't have gotten wounded, robert wouldn't have went off on a hunt and thus probably wouldn't have died (at least not at that convienient time), joffrey wouldn't have been king, and ned wouldn't have died.
You're kind of wrong on all accounts but that's all i can say.

I agree that Cat is a bit lame, though. However, I can't help but respect the way she stands, which is extremely dignified but that goes without saying.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

how am i wrong? jaime attacks ned because tyrion is taken. robert then goes on a hunt because he's pissed about jaime and ned fighting. if he didn't go on that hunt the whole story likely would've been very very different - ned would've had the chance to tell him about the kids, the queen wouldn't have had the convenient chance to set up robert, joffrey wouldn't have been king, etc...

unless something happens later on that puts all this in a whole new context...

Post by 360 »

drizzle wrote:how am i wrong? jaime attacks ned because tyrion is taken. robert then goes on a hunt because he's pissed about jaime and ned fighting. if he didn't go on that hunt the whole story likely would've been very very different - ned would've had the chance to tell him about the kids, the queen wouldn't have had the convenient chance to set up robert, joffrey wouldn't have been king, etc...

unless something happens later on that puts all this in a whole new context...

Well, the plot to kill Robert was going to happen, regardless, because no one knew about it with the exception of the conspirators. Jamie didn't like Ned to begin with. They have a tenuous history going back to when Jamie killed the last king and with how the Lannister soldiers treated the Targaryan children during the coup. There are other reasons I can't speak on due to spoilers

You're under the assumption that Robert would have immediately believed Ned's incest allegations, but we will never know.

If you're simply speaking on the chain of events that occur without the politics behind it then I understand your point of view.

Also, hate on Sansa all you want.. shit, I just can't say anything with spoiling something.

I will stay out of this thread.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

nm
Last edited by Roy Johnson on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

drizzle wrote:the whole war is basically on her. if she didn't kidnap tyrion (for no real reason mind you), ned wouldn't have fought with Jaime and wouldn't have gotten wounded, robert wouldn't have went off on a hunt and thus probably wouldn't have died (at least not at that convienient time), joffrey wouldn't have been king, and ned wouldn't have died.
modded

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

modded

uh zip zoom

Post by uh zip zoom »

for the purposes of anything that's happening currently or will be happening in the near future, it really doesn't matter. this is far too frequent a topic of discussion for how little it actually impacts the narrative.

i thought last night's episode was another strong one. the only one that was too jumpy for me was the season premiereג€”since then i think they've been better at focusing on smaller parts of the story.

Seiko Flossberg

Post by Seiko Flossberg »

PopeyeJones wrote:I'm suffering from character overload a bit this year. It sucks because I don't think it would be a problem if I could just force myself to wait until the end of the season and bang them all out in a Marathon, but I like the show too much to do that.

Not that I can't follow, but waiting a week and then getting a grab bag of unrelated scenes -- all individually awesome -- is kinda not awesome.
Word.

Req

Post by Req »

PopeyeJones wrote:I'm suffering from character overload a bit this year. It sucks because I don't think it would be a problem if I could just force myself to wait until the end of the season and bang them all out in a Marathon, but I like the show too much to do that.

feeling that way too

i was a late adapter who downloaded all the first season shows when they came out but never got around to watching them. Then I knocked them all out in one weekend. And it was fucking great.

This? It's cool, i guess. But I'm almost tempted to download and only watch when I have 3 at a time.
F.U. MOOLAH

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

*modded

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

^^ That's some interesting shit. It doesn't really spoil anything for me though so it's all good.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

I have all of the books and I really want to dive in but I am currently already reading like 5 books at a time right now so its not a good time.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Blockhead wrote:^I feel you. I'm constantly thinking "Who is that?" and then figuring it out as the scene goes. All white people look a-like.
Yeah. The unkempt brown haired white guys with scruffy beards could be cut in half for simplicity's sake. As of now Winterfell, The Wall, and Kings Landing might as well be Brooklyn, Portland, and Austin.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Renly is the hipster king

Stannis is the boombap dinosaur king

Balon Greyjoy is the metalhead king

Joffrey is the bro-king

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

I don't have a problem identifying characters n i havent even read the books. Only new groups this season are stannis & greyjoy castle. I agree that it's jumping around too much though. Each storyline takes one step forward per episode n thats just not working for me.

My predictions: renly will be exposed as a homo & executed.
Greyjoy betrays his gay family.
Stannis fucks up his invasion.
Lannister stark war goes to stalemate cuz neither can invade each other.
Joff dawg stays on top!
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

alpha

Post by alpha »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:I don't have a problem identifying characters n i havent even read the books. Only new groups this season are stannis & greyjoy castle. I agree that it's jumping around too much though. Each storyline takes one step forward per episode n thats just not working for me.

My predictions: renly will be exposed as a homo & executed.
Greyjoy betrays his gay family.
Stannis fucks up his invasion.
Lannister stark war goes to stalemate cuz neither can invade each other.
Joff dawg stays on top!
3 of 5 are somewhat true.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Seriously people stop with the fucking spoilers and ALL fucking discussion of the books, even if its something that took place in the first book.

I do not want to find out anything out of order of the way the showrunners want to reveal it.
I can't be alone in this.
That is a huuuuge plot point that hasn't been revealed in the show and would've been a huge :ohsh: moment when they do so. But now for the rest of the show I am going to look at that character differently.
Just because something was revealed in the first book and not the first season does not make it fair game.
People who have read the books should stay the fuck out of this thread entirely and that shit is the whole reason we made you fucks your own thread.
Last edited by Tommy Bunz on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I repeat, ANYTHING that is not made obvious in the show up to the episode that just aired is off limits for discussion here.
Better if any discussion of the books at all is kept out of here.

I am modding the fuck out of this page.
So annoyed right now I can't even discuss the greatness of the last episode.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

I agree. I hope dude was speculating but.... Damn. I even tried a long chronic hit to the dome but i still remember those names... Fuck everyone who reads these gay books
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

You may have noticed that Ned is dead? :lol:

And besides, the king mod up in this bitch was cool with it.