Dan's DVD Picks for April 24th

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Dan

Dan's DVD Picks for April 24th

Post by Dan »

Dan's DVD Picks for April 24, 2012

Contraband (2012)
dir. Baltasar Korm

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Pretty excited to finally watch the OG Tinker Tailor plus Innkeepers and the Wicker Man prequel.
Also have a fuzzy recollection of Hit! from my youth and it being fucking awesome, definitely need to revisit. More blaxploitation on bluray please. Wierd that we've gotten a couple random titles like this but virtually none of the classics on the format yet.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I really hope The Wicker Tree does not suck.

jay

Post by jay »

Had a chuckle at this in the Contraband description:

"When a ruthless drug kingpin (Giovanni Ribisi) threatens his family..."

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Loved the new Patton special, apparently there's a grip of bonus stuf on the DVD.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

None

Post by None »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Loved the new Patton special, apparently there's a grip of bonus stuf on the DVD.
Nice. The Paul F. Tompkin's DVD is the full uncut version of his special.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

woah. pre-ordered the Shogun series for $40. Now its up on amazon for $90!! kaching!

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I never buy animeigo shit from anywhere but directly from their site. They eventually always put their products out at really low sale prices.
But $40 is a good deal.
I'm more excited for their other samurai releases coming out later this year, like the original 13 Assassins movie.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

Kate (Halle Berry) is a shark expert whose business has been failing since a shark attack killed a fellow diver under her command. Once dubbed "the shark whisperer," Kate is haunted by the memory of the attack and unable to get back into the water. With bills piling up and the bank about to foreclose on Kate's boat, Kate's old flame Jeff (Olivier Martinez) presents her with a lucrative opportunity: lead a thrill-seeking millionaire businessman on a dangerous shark diveג€¦outside the cage. Battling her self-doubts and fear, Kate accepts the proposal -- and sets a course for the world's deadliest feeding ground: Shark Alley.
Couldn't help but laugh at this. Sheesh.