Unmasked with Ron Bennington

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Dan

Re: Unmasked with Ron Bennington

Post by Dan »

I won't spoil anything, but if you're listening this week, know that it's not a bit. A former producer of their's actually sent me a text yesterday confirming that it was true.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

just listened to the april fools day show a couple hours ago and went back and forth multiple times on what i thought really may be afoot. think i ended on believing the primary thing was for real, intriguing to see it confirmed. hard to say the feelings on it 'til it's revealed where it leaves the other three, but esp as of late i've had my fill of the big cat
listened to last weeks bennington right after and the good vibes were a washing
moved by duck muscles

Dan

Post by Dan »

Not going to drop names, but I hadn't talked to this producer in over a year and all of a sudden I get a text from him asking what I thought of the show. I told him I thought it was all a work and gave my reasons for it, and that's when he told me it was 100% real. He's told me inside stuff in the past, so I have no reason to not believe him on this.

I guess I'll be bumping into Fezzie often, since he's moving to the same area that I live in. I was at the theater today that he hit the cyclist at a few years ago.

Verge

Post by Verge »

LilLeftBrain wrote:hard to say the feelings on it 'til it's revealed where it leaves the other three
this. I thought they gave plenty tells that it was indeed a bit though. No way is there gonna be no show on monday. If its true then it'll be a pretty impressive prank in itself to trick everyone into thinking its a bit but then it's really not. And we're all waiting for the show to come on monday and it never does.
FML without ron/fez/pep

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

i think its a well timed worked shoot. i think they've been planning some big change for a while and chose to use april fools day as the start of it just to keep everyone on edge.

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

I don't understand how funerals don't faze me but a good retirement will get me all pissy eyed. #GoodbyeRonandFez

Really looking forward to the next week of best of's which will span the last 20 years of R&F.

I'm excited to see what Ron does next. As long as Pepper is still with him, I'll be happy.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

the fuck was that?

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

opie being his typical shit self & ant promoting that he's going to shit upon him on his show today (fuck 'em both tho i might have to d/l that ep if that actually happens)

about to wrap up thursdays show now, maniacal laughter to start it was amazing. then onto fridays i suppose, :sad:
but
ObeseJesus wrote:Really looking forward to the next week of best of's which will span the last 20 years of R&F.

I'm excited to see what Ron does next. As long as Pepper is still with him, I'll be happy.
moved by duck muscles

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

mike eagle wrote:the fuck was that?
fezzie burning the place down on his way out

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

so he shit on opie on his way out but what happened that got ant involved?

also did fezzie just not get re-signed by sxm? wasnt it this time last year after the move to raw dog that fez was supposed to be evaluated by the bosses?

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

mike eagle wrote:so he shit on opie on his way out but what happened that got ant involved?
its all in the video i posted. all that audio/twitter/reddit stuff is from last week..

i'm pretty sure fez's retirement has been the plan for a while eg. taking pepper off the air and forcing fez to try and be more involved

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

AWAE wrote:i'm pretty sure fez's retirement has been the plan for a while eg. taking pepper off the air and forcing fez to try and be more involved
only got to make it about a half hour into the final show (damn, even opening song was getting me), but ron effectively stated this in there
and mike if you want the best ofs they're doing this week and not what audible is putting up and you don't already know you can just google
sterngeek
and his twitter has all the links
and yeah gonna go ahead and d/l that cumia show too
moved by duck muscles

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

damn. why is audible putting up different shit than sirius?

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

always have, who knows
in that 'walking on gregshells' clip they talk (seemingly a bit out of school) ron&fez, #bennington, & ron & anthony for about ten minutes starting at 1:31, pretty pretty interesting
moved by duck muscles

Dan

Post by Dan »

Shelby posted on Twitter that this weeks shows will be on Audible.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

need a shirt asap

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

maybe they'll fix it tomorrow but what audible upp'ed today was the 4/10/14 show in full
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

either way, don't really mind d/ling them and will probably listen to the billy bob thorton interview from that day again anyways
moved by duck muscles

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

First R&F are over followed by the O&A explosion everyone's been waiting for.

O&A are going all out at this point. At the end of their dumb Twitter war on Saturday night, a drunk Anthony spilled the beans with this tweet: Then today, after Ant's "Greggshells" show, Opie tweeted this: I'm actually really interested in hearing Tuesday's O&J show. I'm hoping Opie does the right thing and attacks Ant head on, even though Opie will inevitably lose this battle anyways. Actually the best thing possible would be a coup from Jim, Sam and E-rock but that will never happen because, money.

Ironically, in the end, the only one I really give a fuck about is lil Jimmy. Although, the "Ron & Anthony Show" does sound compelling. I def. prefer old wacky racist Ant to the Opester, who has had a spotlight shined on his douchiness and habit of poor, unnecessary lying (not to mention lack of any comedic talent) ever since the show broke up. Although Ant needs to move his show out of his basement and, more importantly, needs a legit funny second mic. I've sworn off all one man podcasts, including Bill Burr's and he's my favorite stand up right now.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

what a great couple weeks of radio this is becoming

thank you fez

you went out like a g

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

fwiw, shelbo came through. deleted mondays audible, re downloaded and voila it was the proper sirius best of
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

finally got to finish up Fridays show. :sad: but at least now there's not that much of a wait to see what's next and got a weeks worth of best of's awaiting me
i don't know how all three of them can fuck up singing 'satellite' that much after hearing it at least a couple thousand times. was a warm notion tho
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

may be old news for some, am only on weds best of show, but
http://theinterrobang.com/bennington-co ... -siriusxm/
ron/gail/(probably)pep
cool cool
moved by duck muscles

Dan

Post by Dan »

SiriusXM's newest show, Bennington, featuring Ron Bennington, Gail Bennington and Chris Stanley Bennington.

I will miss Fez tremendously, but I'm excited for Ron's next chapter in his radio career.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

anyone know where i can hear ronnie b on the anthony show?

Dan

Post by Dan »

Jon Cryer - http://www.mediafire.com/listen/aqalswn ... _Cryer.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

AWAE wrote:anyone know where i can hear ronnie b on the anthony show?
actually spent a while today trying to track that down in it's entirety and was surprised i couldn't find it anywhere. closest i came was a shady looking torrent link but don't torrent no mo and didn't feel like messing with it. up it up it if ya got it

about 1/2 through the first #bangton and it's fantastic, of course. chris stanley bennington slaying and quite like that gail as well. gonna skip the intro every single time tho
moved by duck muscles

Dan

Post by Dan »

The Anthony Cumia Show featuring Ron Bennington (April 16, 2015) - http://www.mediafire.com/watch/np45kqdd ... a_Show.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;