Unmasked with Ron Bennington

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

LilLeftBrain

Re: Unmasked with Ron Bennington

Post by LilLeftBrain »

just went back & listened to the kudrow. skipped it before. it wasn't bad or anything
that sure is some picture tho
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

still haven't got to the shadyac one, tho it's sure to be real interesting. peace to classicshelb
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

mermaynes was aight. smart dude id say
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

went back and did the shadyac one today. must say i'm in line with a good portion of what he was putting down. some intriguing things to chew upon
had it queued up on audible about forty seconds prior to the unmasked and therewithin was a nonsensical shelb joke about shady vacuums (shadyac/shadyvac, i'm supposing) that brought a lol.
moved by duck muscles

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

poor classic shelbs....i miss that kid

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

it's a shame about shelbs, for sure
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

don't know about that dude. haven't ever found even the slightest amusement from him from what i've heard/seen in the past but still a real interesting listen, which wasn't a surprise given the addiction/recovery subject matter and ronnie b. had saved up thurs&fridays r&fs to listen to while driving back home for thanks and fuck that was a bumm ass last 5 hrs car tripping b/w that unmasked (tho mostly light in tone, still), remaining thursday awkwardness, entirety (well audible fucked up the first 45 min so haven't heard that yet) of fridays show which i think was the most uncomfortable i've ever been listening to r&f which is saying a shit ton considering the show. never called a breather for a more breezy fare but came damn close. gd fezzie
moved by duck muscles

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

LilLeftBrain wrote:don't know about that dude. haven't ever found even the slightest amusement from him from what i've heard/seen in the past but still a real interesting listen, which wasn't a surprise given the addiction/recovery subject matter and ronnie b. had saved up thurs&fridays r&fs to listen to while driving back home for thanks and fuck that was a bumm ass last 5 hrs car tripping b/w that unmasked (tho mostly light in tone, still), remaining thursday awkwardness, entirety (well audible fucked up the first 45 min so haven't heard that yet) of fridays show which i think was the most uncomfortable i've ever been listening to r&f which is saying a shit ton considering the show. never called a breather for a more breezy fare but came damn close. gd fezzie
so did audible repeat thursday's show on friday too?

also i got seriously bummed hearing ron's thoughts on rap music since he's usually a pretty open-minded guy

Dan

Post by Dan »

mike eagle wrote:
LilLeftBrain wrote:don't know about that dude. haven't ever found even the slightest amusement from him from what i've heard/seen in the past but still a real interesting listen, which wasn't a surprise given the addiction/recovery subject matter and ronnie b. had saved up thurs&fridays r&fs to listen to while driving back home for thanks and fuck that was a bumm ass last 5 hrs car tripping b/w that unmasked (tho mostly light in tone, still), remaining thursday awkwardness, entirety (well audible fucked up the first 45 min so haven't heard that yet) of fridays show which i think was the most uncomfortable i've ever been listening to r&f which is saying a shit ton considering the show. never called a breather for a more breezy fare but came damn close. gd fezzie

also i got seriously bummed hearing ron's thoughts on rap music since he's usually a pretty open-minded guy
Thanksgiving show was replayed on Friday.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

Dan wrote:
mike eagle wrote:

Thanksgiving show was replayed on Friday.
my bad, i meant last friday's show

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

on audible the first 45 minutes or so of last fridays show is actually last thursdays show but after the first segment it goes into actually fridays show. will probably re-d/l it tomorrow and see if they ever sorted the first 45 minutes to how it should be

also, got a good lol out of the 'that's as good as the best rap song ever made and just as bad as the worst' or whatever the actual line was when talking kanye
moved by duck muscles

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

did audible fuck up monday's show too? i got a gottdamn new years show

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

had the same thing happen, but they fixed it last night if you just delete then re-d/l it
moved by duck muscles

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

do you go back and listen out of order? i do. i be on that FOMO shit

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

oh fo sho. was giddy to get to this week so haven't heard the thanksgiving show, but shall go back to it some time, probably over the weekend.
just started weds show and there's an hour yanked from the audible where it seems shit has again hit the fan. can be heard via youtube tho
http://youtu.be/4Yf6iqTjTFQ
so fucking uncomfortable
moved by duck muscles

Dan

Post by Dan »

Had to find a new host. Hotfile has been shut down, which means every link in this thread is dead.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

LilLeftBrain wrote:oh fo sho. was giddy to get to this week so haven't heard the thanksgiving show, but shall go back to it some time, probably over the weekend.
just started weds show and there's an hour yanked from the audible where it seems shit has again hit the fan. can be heard via youtube tho
http://youtu.be/4Yf6iqTjTFQ
so fucking uncomfortable
yeah this is exactly what i was looking for. they kept alluding to it but i couldnt find it

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

enjoyed boobie, appreciated the 12/12/12 talk and other drunk uncle stories
moved by duck muscles

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

yeah moynihan was great

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

yo Leftie you worried at all about the format switch fucking with the audible subscribers? i feel like they dont really give a shit about us

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

ahah, it's crossed my mind. the audibles really got shot to shit here the past few weeks (i'm going to guess it started when pips left?), just started yesterdays show a bit ago and all the chapters are in reverse order which made for a confusing ass first ten minutes of listening. def don't think they care but would think the 12-3 show would transition over from the current subscription and if they end up doing much supplementary stuff it'll be easy enough to find on youtube or other sites i'm sure
+ this yr of audible for me will be up second week of jan, so won't have any real big loss if the sub goes bunk
moved by duck muscles

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

LilLeftBrain wrote:ahah, it's crossed my mind. the audibles really got shot to shit here the past few weeks (i'm going to guess it started when pips left?), just started yesterdays show a bit ago and all the chapters are in reverse order which made for a confusing ass first ten minutes of listening. def don't think they care but would think the 12-3 show would transition over from the current subscription and if they end up doing much supplementary stuff it'll be easy enough to find on youtube or other sites i'm sure
+ this yr of audible for me will be up second week of jan, so won't have any real big loss if the sub goes bunk
yeah i just re-upped my sub last month tho so imma be salty if it goes to shit. yeah im listening to the reverse one right now and i cant even understand how that would have happened. pips is gone?? when did that happen?

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

aha, thankfully it's cheap as shit but still from a just due aspect i'd be pissed if it doesn't carry over. still think it will, but who knows, haven't heard/read a word about it. they've alluded to pips in the past tense a few times and the audible fuck ups began right around when he would have bounced which would lead me to believe he's gone and was in charge of making sure audible runs smoothly
moved by duck muscles