Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Guun

Re: Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Post by Guun »

A$AP Schraeder.

Wild episode. One of the most uncomfortable hours of TV ever.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Jesus Christ.

:owens:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Brougham33 wrote:So Walt knew the the cops were listening to that phone call right? Cause as monstrous as he is (that Jane comment was just...) he was trying to protect Skyler and make sure she wasn't inplicated.
That's exactly what he was doing. If he was 100% devil he would have either kept or killed the kid. The "Jane" line I don't get because either he had intentions of letting them kill Jesse or he wanted to get the best of him one last time. But I still think he is conflicted and doesn't want him harmed, especially now that Hank is dead. We all waited for that moment to happen though.

I think he (Jesse) is the last man standing.

Verge

Post by Verge »

knew walt was gonna somehow someway tell jesse about how he watched his girl die. So i'm glad that happened and it also still keeps the window open on jesse being the one to take walt out. still possible, yo.

great episode, shit is living up to the hype, imo.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

really thought he was gon kill the baby for a second there.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

am i the only one who thinks he is going to kill jesse not save jesse?

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

knife scene was incredibly shot. so nerve racking.

TeenageMoustache

Post by TeenageMoustache »

Brougham33 wrote:So Walt knew the the cops were listening to that phone call right? Cause as monstrous as he is (that Jane comment was just...) he was trying to protect Skyler and make sure she wasn't inplicated.
Yeah, and they should count this as a movie, so he can get an Oscar for that scene.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

im still trying to figure out what to do with myself after this episode. i spent the whole hour jaw hanging and hands over my head. fuck that was nuts.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Been drinking all day, but his unfonished business has to be to take out the nazi's.

How long does it take to grow as much as hair as he has in the flash forward? One month, maybe 2?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

was the flashback recently shot? the wig bryan was rocking was really the only negative thing i have to say about the episode.

Verge

Post by Verge »

^i have no idea, was wondering too.

as much as i loved Hank, it was pretty rewarding to see annoying self righteous twit marie find out Hank's not coming home...

Verge

Post by Verge »

alpha wrote:Been drinking all day, but his unfonished business has to be to take out the nazi's.
well, not necessarily. Don't people usually get more upset at those they consider to be close to? He could be coming back for Jesse. And he certainly cemented Jesse's desire to watch him die.

alpha

Post by alpha »

That makes sense but why is he getting big guns? And going back for the ricin?

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Saving Jesse with the big gun and then killing him with the ricin as some more personal sort of revenge?

I still think Walt-Jesse have some kind of reconciliation, even though "I watched Jane Die" was pretty fucking cold.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I was legit scared for that babies life when she said mama.

TeenageMoustache

Post by TeenageMoustache »

Cranston said after last year's cold open that he asked Gilligan what his mindset should be in that scene, and Gilligan told him:
You're going back to save someone.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Ramen wrote:I was legit scared for that babies life when she said mama.

That was just heavy in general. Shit was mad :owens:

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Guun wrote:A$AP Schraeder.

Wild episode. One of the most uncomfortable hours of TV ever.

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

Wow, that was amazing. I think this episode really emphasized how Walt jumps between these insane moments of rage/ego and his whole doing what's best for the fam mentality which created the monster in the first place. Now that everything has completely blown up, I feel like he's finally realizing that he is a monster, and the last two episodes will be about him trying to get redemption. We pretty much know that he's going to have one last shoot out with the Nazis. I think he'll end up rescuing Jesse, and possibly try to recover some of his money for the family and then take the ricin himself.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Jesse finna turn that nazi lab into fuckin Hiroshima

PEACE

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Incredible episode. I've never had an hour pass so quickly in my life.

Nah, he was never going to kill the baby. Family is the one thing that Walt has always held sacrosanct which is why he didn't want the Nazis to kill Hank. I did think he might just keep her because he would still have one family member left. Ultimately though, he knows his time is limited, and the baby would only slow him down and make him easier to find.

Now we know that it is indeed the cops that Walt is running from. Looks like these last two episodes will be from the flash forward time frame. Months have passed, and Walt has grown his hair back (and therefore not getting cancer treatment).

Once Hank was killed, Walt stopped giving a fuck about Jesse. That's why he pointed him out underneath the car, stung him with the Jane line (patting myself on the back a little for that one), and was going to let the Nazis kill him. He thinks Jesse is dead.

My guess is that Jesse will somehow escape from the Nazis and will be fucking insane after the way he's been treated by them. He probably kills them, and then goes looking for Walt. He'll make an attempt on Walt's family to flush Walt out, and Walt will have to come back to either save or avenge them. He stops Jesse (doesn't kill him necessarily), and commits suicide by ricin. I think this ends Shakespearean style with many more people dead, and poison was a Shakespeare favorite.

Part of me wishes we had a full season to enjoy Walt's downfall a bit more. There's so much happening in every episode that things are feeling a bit rushed.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

todd -- sorry for your loss --> walt!
landry -- sorry for your loss --> qb1!
think about it
moved by duck muscles

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

i need a xanax

fuck

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

jamrage wrote:My guess is that Jesse will somehow escape from the Nazis and will be fucking insane after the way he's been treated by them. He probably kills them, and then goes looking for Walt. He'll make an attempt on Walt's family to flush Walt out, and Walt will have to come back to either save or avenge them. He stops Jesse (doesn't kill him necessarily), and commits suicide by ricin. I think this ends Shakespearean style with many more people dead, and poison was a Shakespeare favorite.
That could be it too. No matter what, I think the ricin is for himself.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

do you think skylar/walt jr/baby live thru this?

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

thekeentwo wrote:do you think skylar/walt jr/baby live thru this?
I could definitely see Skyler dying, because she's far from innocent in all of this. Would be perfect revenge for Jesse after Walt let his girlfriend die.

The kids probably end up with Marie, but are taken care of somehow. Would be extremely fucked up to kill an innocent baby and a tard no matter how crazy this show is.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

I think theres something wrong with me cause last weeks episode had me way more on edge than tonight.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Joe Pesci wrote:Saving Jesse with the big gun and then killing him with the ricin as some more personal sort of revenge?

I still think Walt-Jesse have some kind of reconciliation, even though "I watched Jane Die" was pretty fucking cold.
My reasoning to why he's packing that LMG is that the Nazis threatened his family. For all he knows Jesse is dead, though i'm sure they will meet face to face one last time.

"I watched Jane die" was kind of Vince Gilligan not being able to let go of that scene never being brought to light. But in the scope of the show it does work cause for all the love Walt had for Jesse, Hank was family(so was Jesse like one week ago but Jesse crossed him) and he wanted Jesse to feel as broken as he did at that moment.