Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

siLLy KiD

Re: Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Post by siLLy KiD »

he's a slave to the meth, yo. This has just been one giant fucking PSA.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Harry Hater wrote:I think theres something wrong with me cause last weeks episode had me way more on edge than tonight.
Different feeling, this was a one hour freefall, sadness mixed with fear and anxiety. Like the others mentioned, I was confident it could not happen, but for a second I convinced myself Skyler was going to slit her wrists and that Walt had snuffed out Holly.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

"Whatever you think is supposed to happen, the exact reverse opposite of that is gonna happen."

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Live feed

Any chance Lydia saves Jesse? He was on her side when Mike was going to off her.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Curious if/how the fact that Todd essentially lied to Walt about Jesse's future fate is going to come into play. The whole 'let's see what he told them and then we'll kill him' was strictly for Walt's benefit imo, I think Todd was after his cooking skills all along. Especially since I'm pretty sure that Walt wants Jesse dead even more now that he seems to blame him for Hank's death too.

Also wondering now again if Heisenberg on Walt's old wall came from Jesse. I'd actually be cool with them never explaining it explicitly, maybe leaving it open-ended to suggest that the truth about Walt is totally public by the time of the flash forward and he's become a sort of an urban legend.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

drizzle wrote: the truth about Walt is totally public by the time of the flash forward and he's become a sort of an urban legend.
This is the way I understood it. Probably because under those circumstances, tagging HEISENBERG on his living room wall before going to thrash in his empty pool is that's totally something that punkass skaters would do

PEACE

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

peanut butter wrote:
drizzle wrote: the truth about Walt is totally public by the time of the flash forward and he's become a sort of an urban legend.
This is the way I understood it. Probably because under those circumstances, tagging HEISENBERG on his living room wall before going to thrash in his empty pool is that's totally something that punkass skaters would do

PEACE
hopefully they at least show how he gets to be an urban legend. apb, news stories on the teacher turned killer meth king pin, the family losing everything, etc.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Another fantastic episode, although I'm amused by all the stories of grown men having physical reactions to watching a tv show.
One thing Breaking Bad has done is ruin my interest in other current shows. It's real hard for Boardwalk Empire to follow BB, especially considering the contrast in tone and pacing of the two shows. Lesser shows like SOA look trite in comparison.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

drizzle wrote:Curious if/how the fact that Todd essentially lied to Walt about Jesse's future fate is going to come into play. The whole 'let's see what he told them and then we'll kill him' was strictly for Walt's benefit imo, I think Todd was after his cooking skills all along. Especially since I'm pretty sure that Walt wants Jesse dead even more now that he seems to blame him for Hank's death too.
Of course it will come into play, especially since Walt thinks Jesse is dead. I agree that Todd knew exactly what he was doing. He wants to impress Lydia and make money that way.

I really don't see any reason for the Nazis to come after Walt in the future. They got seventy million from him for chrissakes, they should be on an island somewhere. Perhaps Walt goes looking for them, but it doesn't feel like he really cares all that much about the money at this point. He seemed resigned to the fact that he was going to lose it, and he still had 11 million for himself. Plus, Jesse is cooking for Todd now so they don't need Walt to cook either.

I feel like Saul is still going to play a part in this somehow, but I have no idea how. Maybe Walt goes after Brock again as a sort of hostage swap for his family.

I'm pretty married to the idea of a half-insane broken Jesse going after Walt's family once he kills Todd.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Jayou Ayen wrote:Another fantastic episode, although I'm amused by all the stories of grown men having physical reactions to watching a tv show.
One thing Breaking Bad has done is ruin my interest in other current shows. It's real hard for Boardwalk Empire to follow BB, especially considering the contrast in tone and pacing of the two shows. Lesser shows like SOA look trite in comparison.

:smugkid:
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Jayou Ayen wrote: One thing Breaking Bad has done is ruin my interest in other current shows. It's real hard for Boardwalk Empire to follow BB, especially considering the contrast in tone and pacing of the two shows. Lesser shows like SOA look trite in comparison.
I don't even bother with another show, my Sunday night tactic for the last 2 months was BB followed by a movie that has absolutely nothing in common with it

it's a shame Eastbound doesn't start until this is over, that would be a great followup because it's a completely different type of show but just as good in its own way

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

jamrage wrote:
Jayou Ayen wrote:Another fantastic episode, although I'm amused by all the stories of grown men having physical reactions to watching a tv show.
:smugkid:

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

I think last nights episode fucked me up so bad it didnt even register what happened until a few hours later. When Hank got got I was thinking it was a scene from a bad dream. I was so convinced he was gonna live that my brain went into denial and thats the state of mind I ended up watching the entire episode in. It felt similar to the way you feel when youre about to get into a car accident, like how everything slows down and you see it happening but are thinking in your head that its not because its so surreal, if anyone has ever experienced that, that was how I felt watching last night.
Last edited by Harry Hater on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Jokes
moved by duck muscles

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

jamrage wrote:
I'm pretty married to the idea of a half-insane broken Jesse going after Walt's family once he kills Todd.
liking this too

somebody said above (gloss I think) that Jesse is the last man standing, and that rings true. all of walt's other direct conflicts have been resolved, and i feel like neo-nazis getting wiped out or moved out of the way somehow is almost a foregone conclusion at this point. with 2 eps left walt vs jesse is the only significant standoff left to do.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I have a hard time believing that huge gun is for anyone other than the Nazis, they are the only one who warrants that much heat. Even if Jesse somehow escaped does he really strike enough fear into Walt to pack a LMG?

Either Jesse dies unexpectedly and the Nazis go after Walt's family or maybe they just feel that he's a loose end that could implicate them.

The fact that they even feel the need to keep cooking with 70mil in hand is absurd really. I was kind of shocked they kept Jesse alive for that.

an-also

Post by an-also »

TheBigSleep wrote: Image
nice. Missed this when I was watching.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

drizzle wrote:
Jayou Ayen wrote: One thing Breaking Bad has done is ruin my interest in other current shows. It's real hard for Boardwalk Empire to follow BB, especially considering the contrast in tone and pacing of the two shows. Lesser shows like SOA look trite in comparison.
I don't even bother with another show, my Sunday night tactic for the last 2 months was BB followed by a movie that has absolutely nothing in common with it

it's a shame Eastbound doesn't start until this is over, that would be a great followup because it's a completely different type of show but just as good in its own way

I put on Boardwalk and it was torture. All shows in comparison will forever like the 6th dude to run the train on that whore. You need a few hours to reset and even that is pushing it.

Verge

Post by Verge »

only thing that didn't sit right with me was the Nazis not killing Walt in the desert. Yeah yeah, Todd schmodd, l still dont see how anyone in that situation would leave a witness especially when he's so hot. So the Nazis going after him or fam now doesnt add up to me.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

:cheers: almost all of this. The physical reactions part is the one thing missing from the show though. I don't really feel much when someone like Hank gets killed. Other shows, like the wire (I know, enough comparisons already), I almost shed a few tears when certain characters got killed.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

btw, gotta lol at the show explicitly admitting to gomie's general non-import in the grand scheme of things by not even showing how he got shot on some 'well you already knew that was gonna happen' shit

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Verge wrote:only thing that didn't sit right with me was the Nazis not killing Walt in the desert. Yeah yeah, Todd schmodd, l still dont see how anyone in that situation would leave a witness especially when he's so hot. So the Nazis going after him or fam now doesnt add up to me.
from the preview it kind of sounds like they might be circling back.

do you think uncle jack and them know that jesse is still alive? is it landry's secret?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

ALASKA wrote: do you think uncle jack and them know that jesse is still alive? is it landry's secret?
i don't see how they wouldn't, unless they have more than one meth lab and more than one torture pit

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

drizzle wrote:
ALASKA wrote: do you think uncle jack and them know that jesse is still alive? is it landry's secret?
i don't see how they wouldn't, unless they have more than one meth lab and more than one torture pit
Probably right. I was imagining Landry to be more evil than he probably is.

an-also

Post by an-also »

drizzle wrote:btw, gotta lol at the show explicitly admitting to gomie's general non-import in the grand scheme of things by not even showing how he got shot on some 'well you already knew that was gonna happen' shit
:lol:

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

ricin is for jesse, mercy killing? - my conjecture
or maybe walt frees jesse and has them share the cig...

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

I just want Todd to die and Saul to get away clean. That's all I'm rooting for at this point.

Side note, do you think the reason Todd's Uncle's gang are nazis is to make then entirely detestable so that the audience finds no reason to root for them as anti-heroes in any way? Given the screentime that the swastika tattoo's received, part of me has been waiting for some larger implication, which might be why Walt's getting a gun that big.

Also, I'm still not convinced Walt was sincerely pleading for Hank's life, but rather either trying to save face in front of Hank for Hank's final moments, to tell his family later if the case may be that he tried everything he could, or because he has a complex about still being able to convince himself that he's a good guy.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

UBM CD COMING SOON