Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Gregg Popabitch

Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

AMC just announced the season premiere is on July 15th.

Let's speculate.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

greatness

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

oshit season 4 dvd is only 2 weeks away

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Bad-Comp ... B0058YPG1G
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Think that they can keep up the pace?
Seasons 3 & 4 both belong in any top ten tv season discussion of all time but I don't think any show has ever been able to do three perfect seasons with no noticeable dropoff (at least not where the vast majority of critics/fans agree). None of the goat HBO shows can say that and surely nothing from network tv can either. The talent behind this show makes me think they might pull it off.
This season is going to be extremely interesting as there really isn't one extremely obvious storyline arch for them to follow from here on out and they really can go in just about any direction that they choose.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

gotta be walt vs jesse or walt & jesse vs hank

i think the best possible scenario would be a three way rumble between them stretched for two seasons, with unexpected alliances and sneaky shit going on

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

The only loose end was Walter poisoning the kid right? I really don't want a season of Walter vs Jesse, that "fight" in the living room from last season was all I could handle.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Ramen wrote:The only loose end was Walter poisoning the kid right? I really don't want a season of Walter vs Jesse, that "fight" in the living room from last season was all I could handle.
me too man, me too. :owens:

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

i think it's going to be more walt vs. hank and jesse vs. himself since he has regularly been an inner-struggling faggot since ep. 1. Not saying I dislike jesse's character, he's just very emotional. I'm not expecting an entourage ending for this show though. I hope/expect a lot of people will die.

Gregg Popabitch

Mike.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I'm still in awe of the living room fight scene. I can't wait to watch that again.
Only thing I'm reasonably certain that is going to happen before the show ends is that one of Walt, Jesse and Hank will not survive.
I have really no idea where Mike is going to fall in line with all of this. Is it certain that he is going to be upset that they killed Gus instead of just working for Walt & Jesse?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

nothing is certain with mike, he's too badass to be pigeonholed into our square expectations

pretty sure walt will die

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

drizzle wrote:pretty sure walt will die
It seems the most obvious conclusion and also maybe the best one, which makes me wonder if that why they certainly won't end it that way.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

i think the twist will be in how he dies, not in the fact that he dies at all

i have an odd feeling that after surviving all the gangsters and explosions and becoming a ganster ass mastermind, he's still just gonna pathetically die of cancer and that's gonna be the big irony

None

Post by None »

drizzle wrote:i think the twist will be in how he dies, not in the fact that he dies at all

i have an odd feeling that after surviving all the gangsters and explosions and becoming a ganster ass mastermind, he's still just gonna pathetically die of cancer and that's gonna be the big irony
What if Walt was dead the whole series?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

NOT PENIS BOAT!!!!

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Hank will get suspicious now that gus is dead. That seems like an obvious continuation of the storyline since he was already on gus's trail. Walt has jesse's loyalty for the time being. Will jesse ever find out about his dead honeybunch & walt poisoning that kid?
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Tommy Bunz wrote:I have really no idea where Mike is going to fall in line with all of this. Is it certain that he is going to be upset that they killed Gus instead of just working for Walt & Jesse?
I am under the impression that Mike would never work for Walter. Jesse on the other hand has actually earned Mike's respect. So if they do go Walter vs Jesse, that would leave no one but Saul to roll with Walter(that's assuming Saul was the one who did the actual poisoning.)

I don't get the feeling that Jesse even wants to keep cooking.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Walt's cancer is back

PEACE

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

jesse still doesn't know walt was there when jane died right?? that may come back into play

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

How would he ever find out though? Walt is the only person that knows about it and after the poisoning of a child last season I can't see his conscience ever retreating to the point where he'd feel guilty enough again to consider confessing.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

more likely he finds out about the poison. goodman could leak (nh).
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

im sayin yo if he finds out about both for some reason some hooow it'd be nuts

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

i think its more likely that walt walks away to start the season, and settles into his normal life and then is blindsided by it all.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Tommy Bunz wrote:I don't think any show has ever been able to do three perfect seasons with no noticeable dropoff (at least not where the vast majority of critics/fans agree).
Spartacus...?

Gregg Popabitch

None wrote:
drizzle wrote:i think the twist will be in how he dies, not in the fact that he dies at all

What if Walt was dead the whole series?

WE HAVE TO GO BACK

alpha

Post by alpha »

bearded Jack :owens: .

can't wait for this to come back.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Think that they can keep up the pace?
Seasons 3 & 4 both belong in any top ten tv season discussion of all time but I don't think any show has ever been able to do three perfect seasons with no noticeable dropoff (at least not where the vast majority of critics/fans agree). None of the goat HBO shows can say that and surely nothing from network tv can either.
The Simpsons?

The Wire?

The Seinfeld?

C'mon dog.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Smooth Lou wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:Think that they can keep up the pace?
Seasons 3 & 4 both belong in any top ten tv season discussion of all time but I don't think any show has ever been able to do three perfect seasons with no noticeable dropoff (at least not where the vast majority of critics/fans agree). None of the goat HBO shows can say that and surely nothing from network tv can either.
The Simpsons?

The Wire?

The Seinfeld?

C'mon dog.
The Wire doesn't count because of how many people hate on seasons 2 & 5.
Simpsons and Seinfeld are sitcoms, they aren't really part of this discussion. Cash, I only saw the first season of Spartacus, which was fucking awesome, but still don't think the majority of people put it in the best-ever category with The Wire, BB, Twin Peaks, Sopranos, Deadwood, etc.

Gregg Popabitch

people that hate on season 2 of the wire are ridiculous.

the only imperfect season of the wire is season 5 but season 5 is very fucking necessary.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

wire is arguable

for example i ride hard for season 2 but i thought 3 was the weakest of the first 4

teh real answers are sopranos and deadwood. first 3 seasons of sopranos are impeccable, 4th is where it kinda starts to slide a little. deadwood might have fallen off, but never had the chance to