Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Ramen wrote:I guess I'm the only one who likes the Wolverine movie.
I don't hate it. A movie just never had its flaws so clearly displayed.

Sabretooth was fucking AMAZING, Liev Schreiber fucking aced that shit. Hope he shows up in the sequel. Some of the action sequences were nuts. That helicopter scene was both utterly awesome and idiotically impossible, LOL.
And Gambit was a good thing, for the most part. And Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool STARTED OFF CLASSIC... *remembers swinging swords deflecting and chopping bullets scene* :rockout:

Then they fucked it all up :bunk:

I like something in EVERY comic book movie ever made. Peace to :ohcanada: Weapon-X.

they can make that sequel in Japan a whole lot iller.

:cheers:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i got some movies to watch
Nets 2022

Hush

Post by Hush »

The worst part of Wolverine was Will I Am's awful acting.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Hush wrote:The worst part of Wolverine was Will I Am's awful acting.
:lol:

the worst for me was the scene where Wolvie is in the bathroom with his new claws. I seriously thought they were claws that were animated from the movie 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit?'

CARTOON NONSENSE
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Officially titled

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Is this one gonna take place mostly away from earth?

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Christopher Eccleston has been set for the villain role in Marvel Studiosג€™ Thor 2, starring opposite Chris Hemsworth in the role of Malekith The Accursed. If you donג€™t know who Malekith is, your Hall H privileges at Comic-Con are officially suspended. He is a super-villain in the Marvel Universe, the ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim. In the Marvel Comics, he clashed mightily with Thor, and will go up against the hammer-wielding god of Odin in the film directed by Game of Thronesג€˜ Alan Taylor. He once wielded the Casket of Ancient Winters. We know Eccleston from Doctor Who, and he is repped by Principal Entertainment.

Truth.

Re: Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Post by Truth. »

Thor: The Dark World Rumored to Have Doctor Strange Debut, Actor Viggo Mortensen Rumored to be Targeted Too

Thor: The Dark World already has the following (SPOILERS coming) happening in the new movie with: Loki "being dealt with" by Odin, Dark Elves and their leader Malekith the Accursed, an expanded role for Heimdall and now a certain Doctor is rumored to make his big screen debut in the new film.

Per the mysterious Twitter account of someone named Roger Wardell, actor Viggo Mortensen (Lord of the Rings trilogy) is currently being targeted by Marvel Studios and it could be to play none other than Doctor Strange—who could also debut in Thor's next big screen adventure.

WHAT?!

You may be thinking, "Who is this Wardell guy?" and he is the same guy who tweeted out information, before it was even announced by Marvel Studios, including: saying the Falcon would be in the next Captain America movie about 24 hours before Marvel said it and how Sebastian Stan would reprise his role as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier in the new Cap movie too. (At least it's cited this way in the comments section of this ComicBookMovie.com post.)

In other words, this Wardell fellow seems to be legit.

Not to be "Captain Obvious," we here at The Daily SuperHero still need to remind everyone to take all rumors with a grain of salt until Marvel officially makes an announcement. Until then, we can only assume this info is accurate and Mortensen could indeed be the Sorcerer Supreme in Thor: The Dark World.
'Thor' hammers Akinnuoye-Agbaje into villain role
Thesp to play one of lead villains in Marvel's comicbook sequel 'The Dark World'

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje has joined the cast of Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World" as one of the lead villains, playing the dual roles of Algrim the Strong and Kurse.

Disney and Marvel Studios have set the second "Thor" for a Nov. 8, 2013, release with Alan Taylor directing. Chris Hemsworth will again don the armor as the Norse god, with Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Jaimie Alexander, Stellan Skarsgard, Rene Russo and Kat Dennings reprising their roles. Christopher Eccleston will play primary villain Malekith the Accursed, the ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim.

In the comicbooks, Algrim the Strong was the most powerful of a race of Dark Elves, who is coerced by Malekith to fight Thor. After he's betrayed by Malekith and injured during a battle, Algrim is healed and transformed into a much more powerful being called Kurse, who is twice as a strong as Thor.

Shooting on the sequel is taking place in London.

Akinnuoye-Agbaje's credits include "G.I. Joe," "The Bourne Identity" and small-screen roles on "Lost" and "Oz." He will be seen next in "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete" and "Bullet to the Head."

Akkinuoye-Agbaje is represented by APA, Kritzer Levine Wilkins Griffin Nilon and Saskia Mulder at Ken Mcreddie Associates in the U.K.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Viggo as Doc Strange is a good look, but how will they work that character in with all the whole non-earth realms direction they seem to going with this?

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s Thor and Marvel’s The Avengers, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos…but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, Christopher Eccleston, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano and Jaimie Alexander with Rene Russo and Anthony Hopkins as Odin, Thor: The Dark World is directed by Alan Taylor, produced by Kevin Feige, from a story by Don Payne (credit not final) and screenplay by Christopher Yost and Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (credit not final) and is based on Marvel’s classic Super Hero Thor, who first appeared in the comic book Journey into Mystery“ #83 in August, 1962.

Thor: The Dark World is presented by Marvel Studios. The executive producers are Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Stan Lee, Victoria Alonso, Craig Kyle and Nigel Gostelow. The film releases November 8, 2013, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

jredd109

Re:

Post by jredd109 »

Ramen wrote:I guess I'm the only one who likes the Wolverine movie.
i enjoy it. not sure why it got so much hate. it's not perfect, but not horrible either.

citizen

Post by citizen »

why is there a flood of seinfeld related pics in here?

in case you didnt know, mads mikkelsen is awesome

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Image[/QUOTE]

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Thursday Mourning :lol:

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

trailer is out wednesday i think

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Post by 907 »

Looks dope, I thought the first one was great. I'm kind of looking forward to this more than Iron Man 3 at this point.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Great trailer. Not like I wasn't gonna go see it any way.

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

looks a lot better than the first one

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Pretty awesome

Better than the first

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

I enjoyed this, the story is pretty flimsy but the action is on point, I thought it was way funnier than the first one too

and the mid-credits scene blew my balls off

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

SuperFeen wrote:I enjoyed this, the story is pretty flimsy but the action is on point, I thought it was way funnier than the first one too

Next Avengers movie is gonna be so real.

Great cameo from one of the Avengers too.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Truth. wrote:Pretty awesome

Better than the first
True Story.
SuperFeen wrote:I enjoyed this, the story is pretty flimsy but the action is on point, I thought it was way funnier than the first one too

:cheers: :ohsh: :bow: Yessir!!
Its setting the marvel universe up perfect for the Guardians Of The Universe. Why they make The Collector so moist?? :roper:

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

I thought it was alright but the flimsy story kinda bothered me and they seemed like they were forcing quite a bit of the humor.

Also...could they have made Jane Foster any more 2-dimensional?
This was a great set up. It was amazing to see the immediate difference in tone GotG will have from the rest of the Marvel movies. I hope it works.
I really did think this Thor 2 was straight, I just didnt "get" some of the decisions they made that weakened the overall product.

Loki was the best part of this. Also, Frida's scene >>>>

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

yes. This movie was better than the first. Real good. LOKI is the shit!!!

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I liked it. They really came thru with the fun and the lulz.

Mid credits had me wanting more, after credits not so much.

ric

Post by ric »

liked this. sick movie. uh.....
lost some of its oomph though i must say. is thor aragorn now? he grew up REALLY quickly. felt unnatural.

its a sweet movie. but a lot of what makes this movie sweet is how it looks and sounds. the characters were second hat for this. not that thats necessarily terrible seeing as how this comic shit is clearly taking over the universe and there WILL be sequels etc...its just a little disappointing upon reflection.

i was pretty engrossed though. dont get me wrong. quality movie.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

I LOVED THIS MOVIE REAL FUCKING LOTS

yeah so what its logic was a bit janky and there were a few implausible plot holes in it (that phone call :naswtf: :bunk: :rofl: ) but still it was fun and huge and wild and unique and ADIBISI WAS IN IT AS A HELL WARRIOR :copy:

obviously influenced by the Krypton fight in Man of Steel, but whatevs. this shit was still AWSUM

THOR HAS A FUCKING HEAVENLY DOPE INTRODUCTION IN THIS MOVIE :bow:

and his first line is hilarious:
"I've got everything under control!"
Thor: "THEN WHY IS EVERYTHING ON FIRE?!" :rofl:

hustler

Post by hustler »

i thought the one liners were lame as fuck and almost all the jokes fell flat except for one or two. the rest of the audience in the theater agreed cause there was barely any audible laughter throughout the whole film (other than maybe 2-3 exceptions). the movie basically sucked, it was exactly what I expected, i give it a 6/10. cool action, good effects, dumb story.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex