Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

ric

Re: Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)

Post by ric »

The Afronaut wrote:I forgot to mention in my other post, the CGI was pretty damn great in this. When Rocket is trying to hold back his laugh about needing "that guy's eye", I was kinda blown away at how "natural/fluid/organic/real/what have you" they got that to look. Impressive.
the raccoon dude and tree dude both looked fucking great

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Enjoyed this a ton. Looked fantastic. Zoe Saldana is trying to see how many different colors she can make me want to fuck her in.
Actually was expecting Pratt to be a bit funnier but that's probably cause I just want him to be Andy Dwyer at all times. He did pretty great overall.
Would actually prefer that they keep this universe separate from all the other Marvel movies as much as possible. I don't need to see Rocket and Downey try to outsmartass each other.
The only crossover they should do from here on is with Games of Thrones so Groot and Hodor can become monosyllabic homies.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Hodor is 2 syllables doe, and I am Groot is 3 :smugkid: :megaman:

This movie fucking owned. Paul Rudd-lite was really good. Soundtrack was phenomenal, CG looked great, definitely my favorite Marvel movie thus far, and easily my fav 3D movie. Looked amazing in 3D, if you didn't go that way - check it.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

siLLy KiD wrote:Hodor is 2 syllables doe, and I am Groot is 3 :smugkid: :megaman:
God, you really are the stupidest troll faggot in the history of this site.

mon·o·syl·lab·ic
ˌmänəsəˈlabik
adjective
(of a word or utterance) consisting of one syllable.
(of a person) using brief words to signify reluctance to engage in conversation.
"the nearer they came to Rome, the more quiet and monosyllabic Paul seemed to become"

For example, if I only responded to your post by calling you "faggot", that would still be a monosyllabic response. Not because it consists of one syllable (it doesn't), but because it is brief and because you are not worth a bigger response.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Faggot.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Moted

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

really enjoy this movie alot

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

other than bunz' zoe saldana quote (which should be on the next edition of the PF movie posters thread), this 6th page sucks.

glasshandralphie

Post by glasshandralphie »

hellriser wrote:really enjoy this movie alot
Great suggestion!

hustler

Post by hustler »

peanut butter wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:Can we ban Mindbender

PEACE
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

zombie

Post by zombie »

Howard the duck

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Actually was expecting Pratt to be a bit funnier but that's probably cause I just want him to be Andy Dwyer at all times.
...Y'know I felt the same damn way, but did not realize it until I read it.
Gregg Popabitch wrote:other than bunz' zoe saldana quote (which should be on the next edition of the PF movie posters thread)
I dont know if anyone's peeped that thread recently, but unfortunately its ruined as many of Spartan's posters are no longer linked.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

As good as the Avengers, but not better.

Pratt's good. A little too softbatch-esque, but still a good anti-hero type. Zoe needs a month of buffets. Her character was good, tho' not as vicious as I would have expected for a daughter of Thanos. Love Bautista. Played it very good. And as much as thought Rocket was gonna be the downfall he was the highlight. Unbelievable voice acting by Bradley. Fuckin' amazing. This had great pacing, great editing, great acting and the CGI was flawless again. Worth it.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Not as good as the Avengers.
basically had the same plot as Avengers and the Tessaract / Purple Stone and Ronan wasn't nearly as ill as Loki

had the exact same arc as every other rag-tag group of misfit do-gooders movie, but just had a few new characters
no twists in the story whatsoever which was mad disappointing but the shit was pretty fucking entertaining

hope the sequel actually makes something REALLY original, instead of assembling the pieces of 15 other sci-fi classics into one good funny space action flick
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

yeah i think the bad guy was the kicker. loki is way more interesting than hooded hammer dude.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Wish they hadnt killed him. I felt he had potential.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:yeah i think the bad guy was the kicker. loki is way more interesting than hooded hammer dude.
yeh

and they didn't use our homie Djimon Hounsou as much as they coulda, but it was good he did something half cool

plus that blue robot girl coulda fought more and played more of a pivotal plot piece since she was related to Gamora and got betrayed but they cheaped out

i wanted them to use that big gun more

Drax also didn't seem to get the revenge he deserved to me
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

Nebula will obviously be in the next couple avengers/guardians movies, she positions herself as a daughter of thanos.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

This was a Tony the Tiger fucking grrreat movie.

It's what a summer movie should be: Big, funny, and fast moving. Thought the gang was really perfect, and Pratt and Saldana really had chemistry together. Bautista wasn't great, but you could tell that his awkwardness was part of the character he was portraying. Rocket and Groot were really my favorite characters in the movie, and their CGI was really amazing. Actually, the CGI in this entire movie was really top level. Michael Rooker brought his A-game, perfect casting there. Some really hilarious gags throughout.

Thanos was the shit, looking forward to seeing more of him. Ronan could have been better, thought he was wasted a bit here given how much of a badass he is in the comics. Didn't really care much for Nebula, I hope she's forever a secondary villain.

I think this is easily one of the top two Marvel movies along with The Avengers. I enjoyed both movies about the same, but for different reasons. Love how completely silly Guardians was, it's a nice change from the super serious Marvel output thusfar.

I think we're looking at the Guardians eventually teaming up with the Avengers for a big final battle with Thanos once he gets the Infinity Gauntlet. Not exactly a big leap on my part there.

James Gunn needs to direct a Star Wars movie, Disney should sign him up as soon as they can.

Marvel keeps putting out solid movie after solid movie.

8.5 outta 10
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

hustler

Post by hustler »

i wanted to hate batista but i couldnt, he fit in quite well with everything else. great flick.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Finally saw this, dug it more than all the marvel movies I've seen so far aside from Iron Man 1 (full disclosure, haven't seen Thor or Captain America sequels yet)

Felt like this was the first movie in their universe since IM1 to have its own tone and voice. All the others just feel like pieces being pumped out by an assembly line to stack as much franchising opportunity as possible. Even Avengers, which was definitely fun, still felt less a standalone movie than a celebration of completion of stage 1 of a perpetually ongoing building project. There is still some of that present in GOG, Ronan was clearly just a placeholder villain meant to pass time till we get to bigger things in the sequels, but the movie still managed to be very immediately effective on the strength of the humor and extremely well realized characters. Aside from Downey's original take on Stark, which has diluted and became repetitive over time, I've never enjoyed or cared about any of the Avengers half as much as I did with Groot and Racoon.

My only real gripe was that it still included a scene of a city being destroyed from above by something or other. This is becoming a horribly cliched pre-requisite for every big budget action/scifi/disaster story and it's tired as fuck. It was an innovative and :ohshit: inspiring thing to do in Independence Day, but 20 years have passed and now it's verging on the modern high-budget version of somebody walking away from an explosion in slow motion.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

drizzle wrote:My only real gripe was that it still included a scene of a city being destroyed from above by something or other. This is becoming a horribly cliched pre-requisite for every big budget action/scifi/disaster story and it's tired as fuck. It was an innovative and :ohshit: inspiring thing to do in Independence Day, but 20 years have passed and now it's verging on the modern high-budget version of somebody walking away from an explosion in slow motion.
This!!!!

ric

Post by ric »

re the inevitable infinity gauntlet teamup:
Since Lord of the rings and other movies (Pacific rim comes to mind) have laid some nice foundation for making longer format actionesque movies that can expand into sequels I expect this shit to be awesome. There is so much dope shit that could go on here and they could even like get a new Thor for example and bring him back as one of the cool dark side type incarnations and the shit has so much potential

@drizzle/cash
Disagree re destruction from above scenes. It just seems to happen that most things that can destroy a city do so from above and movies where cities are destroyed otherwise aren't really that great

alpha

Post by alpha »

Dvd rip out.

Fucking loved this movie. Probably my favorite out of all the marvel movies so far. Winter soldier being second.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

watched this movie in 3D. it was an incredible experience. it totally fxcked me up. now i feel like i have to watch everything in 3D. anything else is a step down.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

thanks for the heads up. all these blu ray D/Ls are at piece of shit speeds unfortunately
guess i'll watch it tomorrow night..

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

n/m. got it HD streaming now

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I have watched it like 4 times since it hit the net.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

whooooooo

doesn't show Kurt Russell but I wasn't expecting it to. According to IMDB Stallone is in this as well....
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo