Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Re:

Post by HopeLess »

Tired & Broke wrote:Niggas really don't know shit about Guardians Of The Galaxy. Ya'll see a Racoon and get all irate like its a Pixar film or some shit. Read some comics, do the research, let's see what angle they go with it first.
This.

I'm excited to see how they handle Groot and RR personally. This could be awesome.

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Re: Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)

Post by HopeLess »

And I'd like a Luke Cage/power man/heroes for hit movie too...Michael Jai White IS Luke Cage.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Biggest role ever for Andy

After countless shortlist stories and rumors concerning who would play Star-Lord in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, the search for the lead role is finally over, and fittingly the actor is someone who never appeared on any of the aforementioned lists. Deadline reports that Chris Pratt has been tapped to play Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, a character who was born of a human mother and alien father, and is a master strategist and combat expert who wears an ability-enhancing suit and pilots a psychically-linked ship. As Guardians features a cast of strange and cosmic characters, Quill was an important role to fill because he will likely act as the audience’s introduction to the vast, unfamiliar Guardians world. Hit the jump for more.

There were plenty of actors rumored for the role that made a lot of sense (John Krasinski, Zachary Levi, etc.), and Deadline notes that Marvel made test deals with Joel Edgerton, Jack Huston, Lee Pace, and Eddie Redmayne, but Chris Pratt actually seems like a perfect fit. His comic timing is excellent as evidenced by his work on NBC’s Parks and Recreation, and he’s shown his talent on the dramatic side with Moneyball and 2012’s Zero Dark Thirty, for which he also proved that he can beef up for a role if need-be.

Looking back on the previous shortlists and taking Pratt into consideration, it’s clear that writer/director James Gunn is planning on injecting a good amount of humor into Guardians of the Galaxy. A rumor surfaced recently that Marvel was looking at possibly tapping Jim Carrey or Adam Sandler to do voice work in the film (one of the guardians is a talking raccoon), so I’m interested to see the tone that Gunn settles on for the finished film.

With the role of Star-Lord secure, Gunn and Marvel now look to filling out the rest of the cast, which includes the powerful Drax the Destroyer, a giant tree named Groot, the aforementioned Rocket Raccoon, and the female lead Gamora. The story is also rumored to involve the villain Thanos. Expect to hear more soon as production gears up to begin later this year. Guardians of the Galaxy will be released in 3D on August 1, 2014.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Reports now have Dave Bautista (The Man with the Iron Fists) signed on to play Drax the Destroyer in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. Bautista was in the mix for the role with Isaiah Mustafa and Patrick Wade, as well as Jason Momoa, who many considered the frontrunner. Bautista will now become the second team member to join Marvel’s Guardians after Chris Pratt (Zero Dark Thirty) signed on as Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord earlier this year. While Quill is a human-alien hybrid, Drax began life as a human but was reborn in a powerful new body which granted him extreme strength, flight, and energy blasts. Hit the jump for more.

Heat Vision reports that Bautista has joined Guardians of the Galaxy as Drax the Destroyer. The James Gunn-directed picture features Marvel’s lesser-known team of superheroes which also includes Rocket Raccoon, Groot and Gamora. The plot centers on Quill, “a U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone want.” For an in-depth look at the characters from Guardians of the Galaxy, check out our handy-dandy guide here.

Bautista was recently seen as the all-metal Brass Body in RZA’s The Man with the Iron Fists, but was also featured in a recent image from David Twohy’s upcoming film, Riddick. Bautista stars opposite Vin Diesel in that film, which will be released on September 6th.

alpha

Post by alpha »

oh shit, they're making another riddick movie? awesome.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Actually read the comics.

Nice storyline. I guess if it's done the same way Avengers was I can accept the raccoon. I mean I did accept the 9 foot green cgi behemoth.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

I hope Drax looks exactly like the Marvel Legends figure.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

EXCLUSIVE: Benicio Del Toro has joined the killer cast of the James Gunn-directed Marvel Studios franchise launcher Guardians Of The Galaxy. They are keeping his role under wraps, but he’s playing a character that is built to be part of future Marvel films, which means he has signed a deal with options that put him into multiple movies. It’s funny how when Marvel Studios first started making option-heavy deals, actors and their agents grumbled loudly. But guys like Samuel L. Jackson and Mark Ruffalo have done great stuff in short doses in incredibly high-profile films. Now, it will be intriguing to see what the company does with a property that doesn’t have the road-tested brand awareness of a Captain America, Thor, or Iron Man. I have to say that given the high bar for quality that Marvel has set under Kevin Feige — Iron Man 3 being the latest crowd-pleasing example — I’m more excited about this than the other space-based project Disney is banking on, Star Wars. Del Toro joins Glenn Close, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, John C. Reilly and others in the cast.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Such a strange, eclectic cast.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Andy is gonna beat your ass

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Who the hell is Glenn Close playing?

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

The Afronaut wrote:Who the hell is Glenn Close playing?
Thanos?

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

comic con trailer has leaked keeps gettin taken down

saw it earlier, footage looked real cool

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Saw this in the suggestions for the XMen vid Truth posted...

...might be kinda okay...tentatively excited.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

Cool footage, I like that it seems they're sticking with the space-dirty-dozen theme from the 2008 comics instead of the current space-avengers style.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

The Afronaut wrote:Who the hell is Glenn Close playing?
Nova Prime

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/vin-die ... ney-groot/
Vin Diesel just might be Groot. The Fast and The Furious franchise actor is in negotiations to join Marvel’s newest ensemble tent pole, I’ve learned. If it all works out, Vin Diesel would play the tree-like alien in the James Gunn-directed Guardians of the Galaxy, sources say. Earlier today, Diesel posted a captionless pic of Groot up on his Facebook page. For a while the drawing from the GOTG comic (see left) stood as his cover page before being taken down though the photo is still in his timeline. Studio boss Kevin Feige made no mention on August 10 of Diesel joining GOTG during Marvel’s presentation at Day 2 of D23. Marvel showed the same footage from the recently started lensing GOTG, which stars Chris Pratt, Benicio del Toro, Zoe Saldana and Glenn Close, as he did at Comic-Con in July. The Groot character can absorb wood to gain strength and recover from injuries as well as control trees. While hyper-intelligent, the alien seems to only ever say the line “I am Groot” over and over to those who cannot hear his real voice.
Movie is shaping up to be the best thing ever.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Oh, so Groot has like an internal monologue going on? I kept wondering why everyone was making such a big deal out of who would voice a character that only says 3 words.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

You'll probably only hear those three words until the end of the movie, when he'll say something sapient and profound. On some Silent Bob shit.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

like when the mute lady on orange is the new black was revealed to have a lovely singing voice!?
moved by duck muscles

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

can a nigga get a working link to this bootleg footage?

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Teaser Trailer

Full Trailer later tonight.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Full Trailer

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

fully on board. chris pratt was a great casting.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Music choice :lol:

Didn't realize john c reilly was in this. What a fantastic cast. Pretty excited.

None

Post by None »

chapter thrive wrote:fully on board. chris pratt was a great casting.
This was a fantastic trailer to quell much of the doubt about the project. It seems Gunn really got the spirit of the Abnett and Lanning run of the book (for all I know they continued writing it, but I stopped reading after Marvel put the series to bed for a while).

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Great trailer.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

chapter thrive wrote:fully on board. chris pratt was a great casting.

Really hope this helps catapult him into a movie star, dude should be one of the biggest comedic actors on the planet already

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

looks great

kinda wish vin had bautista's role but that's a minor thing
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo