Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Truth.

Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)

Post by Truth. »

Link with info on these dudes:

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... imer.html/

concept art: Image
Last edited by Truth. on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Even I had to Wikipedia this shit.

Mercuthio

Post by Mercuthio »

ROCKET RACCOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

How you gonna start all these Marvel threads and ignore the Ant-Man movie?

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

I am surprised/disappointed that they chose this over a Black Panther Movie. But will peep regardless.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

The Afronaut wrote:I am surprised/disappointed that they chose this over a Black Panther Movie.

Agreed. And I want to see this guy play the title role:

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

^^^Same here. I will also happily accept Gbenga Akinnagbe in the title role:

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

no kin corn karn? where the great puma at?
moved by duck muscles

Panama

Post by Panama »

Kalel wrote:Even I had to Wikipedia this shit.
:naswtf: you ain't no comic book fan

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Panama wrote:
Yeah, cuz these guys are cornerstones of the Marvel Universe.

Panama

Post by Panama »

Kalel wrote:
Panama wrote:
Yeah, cuz these guys are cornerstones of the Marvel Universe.
Adam Warlock and Nova are important

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Panama wrote:Adam Warlock and Nova
Judging by the concept art, theres a good chance neither of them will be in this movie.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

They're making a movie based on an ongoing series that ran for only 25 issues? can't wait for the DC equivelant with the Checkmate or Shadowpact movie. Detective Chimp will make an awesome movie character. should be played by viggo mortenson

Panama

Post by Panama »

odium-LSC wrote:They're making a movie based on an ongoing series that ran for only 25 issues? can't wait for the DC equivelant with the Checkmate or Shadowpact movie. Detective Chimp will make an awesome movie character. should be played by viggo mortenson
I can't tell if you were joking or not, but I would love a Checkmate movie

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Not amped for this. Not with Rocket Racoon. Are you fuckin' serious?

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Cash Rulz wrote:Not amped for this. Not with Rocket Racoon. Are you fuckin' serious?
Nigga, Rocket Racoon is pretty damn Gully. The Guardians of the Galaxy made a guest appearance on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, so there has been some form of mainstream exposure for this team.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

The Afronaut wrote:
Panama wrote:Adam Warlock and Nova
Judging by the concept art, theres a good chance neither of them will be in this movie.
rumor is that they're going to start building up Marvel Cosmic like they did with Avengers, which is smart since they're trying to bring in Thanos. Not sure Adam Warlock gets his own movie but there's a really good chance Nova does.

I'm pretty excited for this, a few years ago Marvel was absolutely killing it with their Cosmic stuff (Annihilation, Conquest, War of Kings) and the Guardians were some of my favorite stuff to come out of that.

I think people are just turned off because of the corny name.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

I'm not thrilled they're doing this, but I'm not surprised they're doing this: For one, Disney wants to cash in on something with a marketable character. Just as well, this should be a set-up for the second Avengers movie, right?

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Tired & Broke wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:Not amped for this. Not with Rocket Racoon. Are you fuckin' serious?
Nigga, Rocket Racoon is pretty damn Gully. The Guardians of the Galaxy made a guest appearance on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, so there has been some form of mainstream exposure for this team.
If they keepin' this shit for kids, then fine. But just cause the little rodent carries big guns and some prosthetics I'm not feeling him.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Panama wrote:
odium-LSC wrote:They're making a movie based on an ongoing series that ran for only 25 issues? can't wait for the DC equivelant with the Checkmate or Shadowpact movie. Detective Chimp will make an awesome movie character. should be played by viggo mortenson
I can't tell if you were joking or not, but I would love a Checkmate movie
Yeah, it was meant as a joke but to tell the truth I have every issue of both of those series I mentioned and would also be first in line if they were to make a movie of either of them. it was more a comment on why they would make a movie out of an ongoing series that ran two years.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

So they are gonna do the Infinity Gauntlet storyline once everybody gets brought in? I don't see how aren't Spider Man and Fantastic Four owned by whatever studios bought their rights?
UBM CD COMING SOON

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:So they are gonna do the Infinity Gauntlet storyline once everybody gets brought in? I don't see how aren't Spider Man and Fantastic Four owned by whatever studios bought their rights?
Yeah we had that sad ass discussion in the Avengers thread.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Slightly off topic, but the article title cracked me up.

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/07/marv ... ficult.php

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

The Afronaut wrote:Slightly off topic, but the article title cracked me up.

:omgracist:

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

Came in here to post this. Hilarious.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Combo7 wrote:
The Afronaut wrote:I am surprised/disappointed that they chose this over a Black Panther Movie.

Agreed. And I want to see this guy play the title role:

yesss, da God Chiwetel or da Gawd Idris Elba. that's it, that's all, good night, fuck off, make this movie, kthxbaie :megaman:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Gregg Popabitch wrote:

:omgracist:
say word.

this is why (BURN) HOLLYWOOD (BURN) is still delaying the making of the sequel to 'Hancock', which was its first modern Black Superhero movie (that wasn't Blade, who was an anti-hero vampire) and even though Will Smith's fictional, problem-plagued slap-dash superhero movie wasn't treated with the same respect as most other comic book movies, it STILL grossed over $100 million in its first weekend, which is, as you know in greedy-ass Hollywood: a GUARANTEEEE for a sequel.

now that they got people believing the new school, white man saved the world superhero mythologies like they are the new Star Wars and Star Trek and Conan and whatever 70's and 80's heroes were the standards of before, they don't want to spread the love to any other cultures or sexes.

why the fuck isn't there a 'Wonder Woman' movie by now?

'Luke Cage' would make for a good movie, too.

'Spawn' was ill as fuck... but he was so evil that it was like 'Blade', but worse. There was no social heroic Black redemption in that movie, really.

AND the fuckin Black superhero in 'X-Men: First Class' still dies first like this is some kinda horror movie? :omgracist: fo reelz

DESE EXECUTIVE MAGGOTS GOTTA MAKE 'THE BLACK PANTHER' MOVIE ASAP, OR WE GOTTA START BRINGIN DA MOTHERFUCKIN RUCKUS :ironmike: :copy:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:why the fuck isn't there a 'Wonder Woman' movie by now?

I agree with (most of) your point about non-whites and women in the superhero genre movies. However, I feel like Wonder Woman is a poor example.

That character would be hard as hell to translate to modern film as she known in the comics. (Truth lassos and invisible planes?) They would probably have to change so much that diehards would be pissed anyway.

Black Canary and/or Oracle could be pretty good in my opinion.

As for a Luke Cage movie, as much as I love that character Im not 100% sure a movie is the way go with him either. Theyve talked about the Marvel Cinematic Universe moving into television off and on and I think something like Heroes For Hire might work better in that format...just make sure the characters are around to make cameos in the Marvel films as well and vice versa. Just a thought.

Now that I think about it, (and to get back on topic) Guardians Of The Galaxy might work better as a TV show too. *shrug*

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

The Afronaut wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:why the fuck isn't there a 'Wonder Woman' movie by now?

I agree with (most of) your point about non-whites and women in the superhero genre movies. However, I feel like Wonder Woman is a poor example.

That character would be hard as hell to translate to modern film as she known in the comics. (Truth lassos and invisible planes?) They would probably have to change so much that diehards would be pissed anyway.

Black Canary and/or Oracle could be pretty good in my opinion.

As for a Luke Cage movie, as much as I love that character Im not 100% sure a movie is the way go with him either. Theyve talked about the Marvel Cinematic Universe moving into television off and on and I think something like Heroes For Hire might work better in that format...just make sure the characters are around to make cameos in the Marvel films as well and vice versa. Just a thought.

Now that I think about it, (and to get back on topic) Guardians Of The Galaxy might work better as a TV show too. *shrug*
yeah, but 'Wonder Woman' is arguably the most popular female superhero of all time. it's a no-brainer to make the movie, and fuck the die-hards. there's a planet of die hard Transformers fans who want to assassinate Michael Bay for his 3 multi-million dollar celluloid robot dream abortions... but that didn't stop anything from being made, and making crazy profits. The Truth Lasso could easily be updated somehow (and it's not that corny) and the Invisible Plane would be dope as fuck, cmon now. The 'Avengers' Helicarrier and 'X-Men's Blackbird are some examples of ill aircrafts, they could make Wonder Woman something fresh and updated.

And there ain't no fucking Justice League (movie) without Diana, Clark and Bruce, primarily. She really has a place in the pantheon of superheroes, DC is really failing to keep up to Marvel in Hollywood. Marvel has at least 4 or 5 mega-franchises in play, and they made global history with 'Avengers'. DC has so many ill characters they are not developing into Hollywood magic (and MONEY). Executive ninjas are fucking up again.

A Luke Cage TV show would be ill as fuck, actually. And Guardians of the Galaxy would be better as a series than a movie.

Black Canary would be fresh too but not enough people know

basically, the bean-counters are racist and sexist and stupid.

save us Will Smith, Idris Elba, Chiwetel Ejiofor... ANYONE :rofl:

what up with them rumors that John Singleton and/or Spike Lee are doing 'Black Panther'. THAT'S what the fuck needs to happen :cheers: :leon:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)

Truth. wrote:Link with info on these dudes:

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... imer.html/

concept art: Image
honestly though, this is the new overlord maggot owners at Disney doing shit with some underbelly Marvel property trying to give a comic book sheen and prestige to some cockamamie Spy-Kids-in-3-D type fucking child-pleasing malarkey

lame and wack