Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Truth.

Re: Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)

Post by Truth. »

Pratts signed on for the new Jurassic Park

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I'm very excited for this movie. This trailer really quelled any beefs that I may have had with any news I've heard prior to this.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

I apologize for everything I said about GotG before.

Panama

Post by Panama »

Cash Rulz wrote:I apologize for everything I said about GotG before.
Should have just trusted a nigga :grin:

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

drizzle wrote:kinda wish vin had bautista's role but that's a minor thing

They originally approached Khal Drogo and he turned it down. Would've been perfect.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Quick Character Profiles:

Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Starlord

Zoe Saldana as Gamora

Dave Bautista as Drax The Destroyer

Vin Diesel as the voice of Groot

Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket Raccoon

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Panama wrote:
LOL

Didn't you link the comics back when we first started discussing this? I was good after reading those.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah. Totally psyched for the Chris Pratt is a huge movie star era.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

do these characters coincide with any of other characters/movies that marvel already has out or is putting out? or is this a separate thing?

trailer looks decent

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

this CAN'T occupy the same universe as Thor and Co.

there is a raccoon with a gun in this
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None

Post by None »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:this CAN'T occupy the same universe as Thor and Co.

:larry:

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

samdoom wrote:do these characters coincide with any of other characters/movies that marvel already has out or is putting out?
Yes. It's going to set up Avengers 2, and the mid-credits scene in Thor 2 also dealt directly with characters and story elements from GotG.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

Combo7 wrote:
samdoom wrote:do these characters coincide with any of other characters/movies that marvel already has out or is putting out?
Yes. It's going to set up Avengers 2, and the mid-credits scene in Thor 2 also dealt directly with characters and story elements from GotG.
OK, thanks. That helps

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Combo7 wrote:
WHAT? seriously? "mid-credits scene from Thor 2". :naswtf: plz explain plz

I did see they have "from the studio that brought you The Avengers" on the GotG movie poster, and I'm down for innovation and what not... but

WAT

how is the Avengers 2 set-up movie a movie with NO AVENGERS IN IT? :wtf: Robert Downey Jr. isn't gonna show up at the end of this and start cracking wise with Bradley Cooper's raccoon, is he?

the Paul Rudd/Michael Douglas 'Ant-man' movie should be the set-up for 'The Avengers 2', innit? AMIRITE OR AMIRITE

Hollywood is out of control too now :rofl:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None

Post by None »

Del Toro appeared at the end of Dark World as the Collector. He is in GotG and in the trailer. The Avengers ended with Thanos, part of the cosmic Marvel universe. So, GotG being firmly part of the cosmic side of things ties pretty well into that Avengers' tease. Also, Ultron featured heavily into the Annihilation event from a few years back that resulted in the formation of the comic GotG, so they could draw from that to tie the cosmic and Earth-side stuff.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

None wrote:Del Toro appeared at the end of Dark World as the Collector. He is in GotG and in the trailer. The Avengers ended with Thanos, part of the cosmic Marvel universe. So, GotG being firmly part of the cosmic side of things ties pretty well into that Avengers' tease. Also, Ultron featured heavily into the Annihilation event from a few years back that resulted in the formation of the comic GotG, so they could draw from that to tie the cosmic and Earth-side stuff.
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYAM :cheers:

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

if you read this series:

you'll see how they tie them together.
angela in the marvel universe is fuckin crazy tho.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

tickets already bought for Thursday night

so so cysed

teach me, Marvel Gods of the Universe of Hollywood aka Life

Gregg Popabitch

AND A TALKING TREE DAMMIT

THERE IS NO WAY THEY CAN OCCUPY THE SAME UNIVERSE AS A NORSE GOD AND A GAMMA MUTATED MONSTER. NO FUCKING WAY

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

early reviews are praising the shit out of this. so hyped to come back from this bender weekend to watch it monday night.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Gregg Popabitch wrote:

THERE IS NO WAY THEY CAN OCCUPY THE SAME UNIVERSE AS A NORSE GOD AND A GAMMA MUTATED MONSTER. NO FUCKING WAY
:rofl:

cmon, brahh.

Samuel Jackson/Nick Fury made a reference in the Avengers to the :ohsh: factor of Thor. There was an imagination line that Marvel wasn't really crossing before they made Guardians of the Galaxy, and keeping certain worlds and concepts separate. I'm cool with them expanding and combining universes, and I totally admit I was wrong. But don't act like I was crazy for them not connecting GotG with the Avengers universe. Why don't they connect Avengers to Fantastic Four? Or Daredevil? Or X-Men, then?

Everyone else besides Thor is primarily human, even Hulk spends a good portion of every movie as Bruce Banner the human being. I'm not CrAzY for thinking they would keep the universes apart. But it's not crazy to combine them, I can also admit. It's just gotta be done right.

which apparently, it has been :cheers:

let's sit back and enjoy the ride, not bicker with each other like :roper: :smugkid: s

Gregg Popabitch

the first half of your argument, you sound like the same faggots you were hating on for the batman movies.
Last edited by Gregg Popabitch on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I am excited as shit to see this movie. Can't wait to check it out on Friday or Saturday.

Post by 907 »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:

:rofl:

cmon, brahh.

Samuel Jackson/Nick Fury made a reference in the Avengers to the :ohsh: factor of Thor. There was an imagination line that Marvel wasn't really crossing before they made Guardians of the Galaxy, and keeping certain worlds and concepts separate. I'm cool with them expanding and combining universes, and I totally admit I was wrong. But don't act like I was crazy for them not connecting GotG with the Avengers universe. Why don't they connect Avengers to Fantastic Four? Or Daredevil? Or X-Men, then?

Everyone else besides Thor is primarily human, even Hulk spends a good portion of every movie as Bruce Banner the human being. I'm not CrAzY for thinking they would keep the universes apart. But it's not crazy to combine them, I can also admit. It's just gotta be done right.

which apparently, it has been :cheers:

let's sit back and enjoy the ride, not bicker with each other like :roper: :smugkid: s

They can't, different studios have the rights to them. Shit,they can't even use the word mutant in the Marvel flicks because Fox (or whoever) has the X-Men rights.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Panama wrote:
yeah what Panama said... :bunk:

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Tired & Broke wrote:
Panama wrote:
yeah what Panama said... :bunk:
Yeah I'm already on board, no need to rub it in. :gyeah:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Gregg Popabitch wrote:the first half of your argument, you sound like the same faggots you were hating on for the batman movies.
i still hate them fucking lame ass Batman movies :rofl: fuck Christopher Nolan's drab, stale imagination forever :copy:

Tim Burton, motherfucker.

and heaven forbid i exist in this forum and stay true to my own opinions and integrity, regardless of their lack of popularity!

i have my reasons and i have my values. i don't shit on yours to make myself feel better. you shouldn't have to shit on mine to feel like your brain is functional.

907, i fucking hate that shit. SO FUCKING LAME for the corporate enslavement of certain properties to totally kill the universal legacy of some of these characters. Stupid ass Hollywood doesn't realize how much money it could make if it collaborated instead of competed??

You team up Spiderman with Wolverine and you're fucking laughing all the way to the bank :cas:

:kanyeshrug: oh well. i'ma just go see this GotG in a few hours and :grin: my way into Phase 3

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

:phila: hirst :grin:

it's good all around
not great
and CERTAINLY NOT "the best Marvel movie ever made" like some people are saying :fail:
it's just straight up fun
no grand surprises
and NO HULK :jaz:

a solid summer spaceman movie and acceptable action flick.
the hype is too strong on this movie. don't poison your brain with expectations of perfection

'Guardians of the Galaxy' shouldn't be compared to 'The Empire Strikes Back'. It's more like 'Buckaroo Banzai' or 'The Last Starfighter' with better writing and waaaaaay better special effects (you ever go back and watch 'The Last Starfighter'? we could Photoshop gifs with better effects now) :rofl:

I had to say that in reference to the bonus scene :ohhh:

unbelievable. word to the 80's, motherfuckers :bunny:

Gregg Popabitch

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:the first half of your argument, you sound like the same faggots you were hating on for the batman movies.
i still hate them fucking lame ass Batman movies :rofl: fuck Christopher Nolan's drab, stale imagination forever :copy:

Tim Burton, motherfucker.

and heaven forbid i exist in this forum and stay true to my own opinions and integrity, regardless of their lack of popularity!

i have my reasons and i have my values. i don't shit on yours to make myself feel better. you shouldn't have to shit on mine to feel like your brain is functional.

907, i fucking hate that shit. SO FUCKING LAME for the corporate enslavement of certain properties to totally kill the universal legacy of some of these characters. Stupid ass Hollywood doesn't realize how much money it could make if it collaborated instead of competed??

You team up Spiderman with Wolverine and you're fucking laughing all the way to the bank :cas:

:kanyeshrug: oh well. i'ma just go see this GotG in a few hours and :grin: my way into Phase 3
i'm not saying don't stay true to your values.

I'm saying don't betray them.