Homeland season 2

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

naturalborn103

Homeland season 2

Post by naturalborn103 »

Anyone watching this? I like this show a lot. Definitely better then Dexter.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Re: Homeland season 2

Post by Blockhead »

I'd agree 100%. The last episode was tense as fuck. I was watching and my girl , who doesn't watch it, was in the room said "so, this show is pretty awesome ,huh?".

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Best shit. I see Estes in the grocery store all the time. Show is wonderful.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Blockhead wrote:I'd agree 100%. The last episode was tense as fuck. I was watching and my girl , who doesn't watch it, was in the room said "so, this show is pretty awesome ,huh?".
That is funny, exact same thing happened to me. My girl watched an episode for first time on Sunday and now wants to watch all of first season.

I thought after last season ended I couldn't see them making it interesting because seemed like they were at square one again, except now Carrie was out CIA. There is no way that video doesn't ruin everything Brodie has going for him and forces him to go on the run, right?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Judging from the upcoming scenes he runs into a forrest and comes down with michael jackson disease.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

yeah. part of me is interested and optimistic about how they've ratcheted up the suspense by only the 2nd episode, BUT, once someone has that tape it SHOULD BE a wrap for Brody. With how quickly political careers are ethered these days by seemingly minor mis-steps, this should essentially end his career and realistically, this second season. it'll be interesting to see how they draw it out going forward.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

co-sign the show being better than Dexter. even though, the whole rehab a serial killer bit is entertaining.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

ardamus wrote:co-sign the show being better than Dexter. even though, the whole rehab a serial killer bit is entertaining.
Anything is better than the previous two seasons than Dexter; although this season is off to a good start.

Homeland is the tensest show I've watched since The Shield. I don't think I've ever seen someone portray a character with so many scenes in which they're internally facing the highest levels of turmoil, fear, tension while still outwardly having to (or at least trying to) hold it together like Damian Lewis has as Brody. Danes and Patinkin are fantastic too.

Great end to last episode too.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Best show on tv right now. Another great episode.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I just want to see Jessica naked again. Great show though.

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

yep 1 of the best shows on tv right now. Really liking the pace so far. I'm hoping the series concludes with 1 more season after this one. If they drag it out any longer it'll inevitably become the next 24

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

awesome episode last night. the hotel room scene was fantastic

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

I just love how they keep the shit moving.

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

I thought they'd at least drag a couple eps. on surveillance on Brody, but shit already gets blown. I love it. Only thing I can complain about is the teenage love shit.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude wrote:I thought they'd at least drag a couple eps. on surveillance on Brody, but shit already gets blown. I love it. Only thing I can complain about is the teenage love shit.

Shit feels real rapey to me.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

After reading comments in Boardwalk Empire about female characters I appreciate this show so much more. Especially when you watch this, Boardwalk, and Walking Dead in the same night. In all the other shows I wish every female would get killed and they could move on to the interesting parts. In this I don't even mind Brodies daughter.

I also thought they would drag out the surveillance. They do great job at not having filler episodes but not making it feel rushed either.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I like the teenage romance because it's tied directly to the Brodie angle. She's seeing the Vice President's son. Once word hits that Brodie was supposed to kill the VP, the drama will have multiple layers to it.

step one

Post by step one »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:I like the teenage romance because it's tied directly to the Brodie angle. She's seeing the Vice President's son. Once word hits that Brodie was supposed to kill the VP, the drama will have multiple layers to it.
VPs son knocks up Brodies daughter which results in the VP's first grandchild being part Muslamist
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

really surprised this thread is still only one page. the season has been really good- the last two episodes especially.

im wondering what everyone thinks regarding Carrie's professed love for Brody. Do we think she used to be in love and now isnt? Do we think she's still in love? Do we think she's bullshitting him to exploit this alleged connection to continue getting him to open up and share info? I'm not sure what I think because the show is smart enough to not put it out there explicitly. at least that was my assessment.

thoughts?

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

She is good. More obsessed than in love. The interrogation scene was outstanding. Awesome show.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

blastmaster wrote:She is good. More obsessed than in love. The interrogation scene was outstanding. Awesome show.
Im even excited to see what happens with with Brodie daughter and VP son. I think he might smack her up.

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Damien Lewis bodies the shit out of the interrogation scene. I was feelin him through his eyes, yo

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

So that shit last night was something else huh?

PEACE

Guun

Post by Guun »

I was actually a little let down by last night's episode.. Definitely the weakest of the season so far which isn't saying much since they've all been great. I fear this show getting a little repetitive in the future but I'm holding out hope based on how solid the 2nd half the first season was.

Also, that bullet that was missing from Brody's ammo.. couldn't that have been from shooting the deer? Mike was a little too certain that Brody definitely killed Walker.. Unless he's just tellin himself that so he can wiggle up inside brody's wife again.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

peanut butter wrote:So that shit last night was something else huh?
Those dudes came out blazing like Frisco in the WS.
I'm happy that the CIA cracka survived, but Sgt. Carver better not be dead.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

Jayou Ayen wrote: I'm happy that the CIA cracka survived, but Sgt. Carver better not be dead.
lol. what a brief cameo.
i got hyped for a second like "oh shit, its carver!"

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Guun wrote:I was actually a little let down by last night's episode.. Definitely the weakest of the season so far which isn't saying much since they've all been great. I fear this show getting a little repetitive in the future but I'm holding out hope based on how solid the 2nd half the first season was.

Also, that bullet that was missing from Brody's ammo.. couldn't that have been from shooting the deer? Mike was a little too certain that Brody definitely killed Walker.. Unless he's just tellin himself that so he can wiggle up inside brody's wife again.
Did he use a rifle to shoot the deer? I could easily be wrong.. Either way, that is not the most damning evidence in the world.

Guun

Post by Guun »

http://www.hulu.com/watch/423747

Saul killed the last episode and overall a much better episode than the previous week..

I'm still a tiny bit skeptical that this show could lose it's footing really quick. They're walking a fine line with some of the unbelievable events (Dana and Fin hitting that woman and Dana getting all butthurt about it, the terrorist swat team invading the tailor, and Carrie going to stop Brody at the police station herself, etc).. but I'm still on board off the strength of the first season.
Last edited by Guun on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Guun wrote:http://www.hulu.com/watch/423747

Saul killed the last episode and overall a muich better episode than the previous week..

I'm still a tiny bit skeptical that this show could lose it's footing really quick. They're walking a fine line with some of the unbelievable events (Dana and Fin hitting that woman and Dana getting all butthurt about it, the terrorist swat team invading the tailor, and Carrie going to stop Brody at the police station herself, etc).. but I'm still on board off the strength of the first season.
Agreed. Terrorist Swat Team, Bonfire of the Tween Vanities, Brody and Carrie making out in the woods at his political fundraiser, etc. This show is good, but is wayyyyy more trashy and goofy than how people talk about it.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

CSB: I walk by Mikes apartment everyday. Homeland Charlotte FTW.