Zero Hour - ABC Series.

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

The Afronaut

Zero Hour - ABC Series.

Post by The Afronaut »

I havent watched the pilot yet but Ive heard good and bad reviews. Anyone here watch it?

ALASKA

Re: Zero Hour - ABC Series.

Post by ALASKA »

looks like i has potential but also that it could be cancelled within a month. if they get through the first season and people are still going apeshit i would peep.

Dan

Post by Dan »

ALASKA wrote:looks like i has potential but also that it could be cancelled within a month. if they get through the first season and people are still going apeshit i would peep.
You called it.
ABC has pulled struggling drama Zero Hour from its schedule, effective immediately.

For the next two weeks, repeat episodes of Shark Tank will air in the Thursday 8 p.m. time slot, with Wipe Swap taking over beginning March 21, running for seven weeks. Beginning May 9, Wipeout will take over. The network did not say when it would air the remaining episodes, but it will likely be during the summer.

The conspiracy thriller, which marked Anthony Edwards' first TV role since ER, premiered to a 1.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 6.3 million total viewers. It was ABC's lowest-rated in season scripted premiere ever. Its last episode on Feb. 28 drew just a 1.0.

With the likely cancellation, Zero Hour becomes the second series to fail in that time slot recently. Last Resort was also axed.
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/articl ... ssid=20100

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Welp.

Lost void continues to be a void.

citizen

Post by citizen »

The Afronaut wrote:Welp.

has there ever been a really succesful show that tries to do what another one did?

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

citizen wrote:

has there ever been a really succesful show that tries to do what another one did?
they should just push for the spin off show of hurley's time running the island. tell me you wouldnt watch it.

citizen

Post by citizen »

ALASKA wrote:
citizen wrote:

they should just push for the spin off show of hurley's time running the island. tell me you wouldnt watch it.
absolutely i would watch it, i think it would fail very badly though

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

citizen wrote:

Nah, I wasnt suggesting a carbon copy, but something that brought in a similar demographic.

And Alaska is right about Lost: The Next Generation.

citizen

Post by citizen »

The Afronaut wrote:
citizen wrote:

Nah, I wasnt suggesting a carbon copy, but something that brought in a similar demographic.

And Alaska is right about Lost: The Next Generation.
yeah its a good point, there is an audience for it, but these new series arent really taking cues from how Lost set it up, if the pilot of Lost had been all about jacob and time travel no way it would have worked, it was so great how they set up the characters in the first season and went slowly into the mythology, maybe shows arent allowed to do that anymore though

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

citizen wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
citizen wrote:

absolutely i would watch it, i think it would fail very badly though
probably, but they could go into more of the island mythology without the expectations of meeting everyone's imagined version of the answers and have cool guests. make it like a fantasy island for the internet generation. thats our pitch. we can make it happen.