Least Funny SNL Cast Member

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Least Funny SNL Cast Member

Jim Breuer
16%
Will Forte
10%
Chris Kattan
54%
David Spade
13%
Tim Meadows
6%

Total votes: 67

citizen

Re: Least Funny SNL Cast Member

Post by citizen »

Blockhead wrote:Meadows all day , every day

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

It was between Kattan and Meadows for me. I always hear how there's something deeper going on with Meadows and I want to believe but honestly the only reason I chose Kattan over him was that I actually disliked Kattan's style of humor. Meadows stayed way past his welcome in my opinion though.
Blockhead wrote:
Sylissez wrote:Kattan is awful. May he burn in the level of hell reserved for Cheri Oteri and Kristen Wiig.
WAT? I mean, i get not liking Kattan. I personally never hated him like that but what's wrong with Oteri and whig? Especially Whig. She may be one of the funniest female cast members of all time.
:leon:

Side note: Morris, Murphy, Cleghorne, Rock, Meadows, Morgan, Rudolph, Mitchell, Thompson, Pharaoh, Edwards, Wayans, Vance. Not counting post-SNL work,who gets props? Who gets the gasface?

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

forte is arguably the funniest working actor.

The answer is Kattan. Probably the most unfunny human ever on the show, and that includes guest hosts and musicians. GE Smith > Kattan.

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

i'm surprised how much keenan has grown on me, first three seasons in it seemed like he did the same voice and acting for every character he did. always had the feeling he got face time due to him being a hard worker/professional behind the scenes. took awhile but now i "get" him.

also, watching old SNLs, surprised how talented cleghorne was. never left an impression at the time.

rock was stuck in a weird cast. he was probably like 5 years ahead of the rest of them, as far as american pop culture, and they didn't know what to do with him.
watch the martin lawrence SNL for some major 90s cringing... he played: convict, mugger, basketball player, angry/"scary" version of himself where he calls stewert smally a faggot, some other stereotype i can't remember...

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

The Rapping Coffin wrote:GE Smith > Kattan.
:lol:

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

I'd still take all of them over that homo Jimmy Fallon. Sorry Alaska.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Did Forte do Macgruber?

That is one of my all-time favorites.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

Chris Kattan :shittylikesometp:

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Blockhead wrote:I'd still take all of them over that homo Jimmy Fallon. Sorry Alaska.
Fallon was great early on, he just was too preoccupied with laughing at himself as time went on.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Employee wrote:Did Forte do Macgruber?

That is one of my all-time favorites.
Bro, get familiar with the gawd

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

The Afronaut wrote:
Blockhead wrote:I'd still take all of them over that homo Jimmy Fallon. Sorry Alaska.
Fallon was great early on, he just was too preoccupied with laughing at himself as time went on.
Fallon was a little over the top with the laughing, but I think when they crack each other up it is possibly the funniest shit on the show.

it is one of the reasons I love the stephon charcacter.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Fallon was great in those masshole skits and randomly had an amazing turn in Almost Famous (theatrical cut unfortunately deletes his best scene which is actually one of the best things in the movie), but he sucked dick otherwise
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Blockhead wrote:
Sylissez wrote:Kattan is awful. May he burn in the level of hell reserved for Cheri Oteri and Kristen Wiig.
WAT? I mean, i get not liking Kattan. I personally never hated him like that but what's wrong with Oteri and whig? Especially Whig. She may be one of the funniest female cast members of all time.
Both (Oteri and Wiig) were fine early on, but they became so one-dimensional once they hit on a certain kind of character that worked. They rarely did anything else. Oteri was annoying screamy lady and Wiig was...annoying weird voice lady. Plus Wiig seemed like she could never let anyone else have their moment, she always had to be either the loudest or the weirdest person in each sketch. In the rare instances where she was the straight (wo)man, she was really good. But by the end of her run, she was just so goddamn over the top in almost every sketch she was in that it became hard (and pointless) to differentiate which character she was playing. That could have a lot to do with the writers, too. Although I think she was a writer too for a while.

Also, Wiig isn't even (in my book) top 5 for the last 10 years. Fey, Poehler, Dratch, Rudolph, Pedrad. I get the sense that Kate McKinnon is being groomed to be the next Wiig though. Got dem crazy eyes.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

McKinnon is funny as shit. She seems to have a lot more range than wiig did, but it is early on. I do wish they kept Jenny Slate around a little longer. The new woman Cicily Tyson is fucking awful.

I am also a huge fan of Vanessa Bayer. She does not get enough shine.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Between Spade and Kattan.

I went with Spade. His level of smugness and sarcasm seem to come from some deep inadequacy he probably really feels about himself.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Cecily Strong is the SNL chick. Although I think Cicely Tyson would be awesome on SNL. Not sure how I feel about Strong yet, besides wanting to fuck her brains out.

Yeah, I'm a big Bayer fan too. I'd add Abby Elliot to the list of chicks that I wish stayed on SNL. I agree that McKinnon has good range, which is why I hope they don't just go the lazy route with her. She killed it on Weekend Update on the last show.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

People hate on Whig? She has got to be in the top 10 funniest SNL females of all-time list.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

drizzle wrote:Fallon was great in those masshole skits and randomly had an amazing turn in Almost Famous (theatrical cut unfortunately deletes his best scene which is actually one of the best things in the movie), but he sucked dick otherwise
I thought aside from the masshole and the robin gibb show, fallon was a complete and total hack. He could do some decent impressions here and there but the majority of the skits driven by him (high college kid public access show, IT guy are the two that pop into my mind) were fucking awful.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Philaflava wrote:People hate on Whig? She has got to be in the top 10 funniest SNL females of all-time list.
she was the worst. so many bad characters...and they all were the same. the only time i found her enjoyable was when she was playing it down. she rarely did that.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Fallon's problem was he could never deliver lines without cackling like a fucking faggot before he finished the sentence. He is talented, more so now I think with his show. I think he is more talented than funny though. He was just a bit amateurish during his SNL years.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Philaflava wrote:People hate on Whig? She has got to be in the top 10 funniest SNL females of all-time list.
Seriously. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone talk negatively about her. To me, she was kinda like the will ferrel of women as in she was pretty much never wack (no matter how bad the skit) and she always went balls out with every character.

Edit: WOW alaska. "the worst"? Jesus christ, dude...get it together. You truly are the siskel to my ebert.
Last edited by Blockhead on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

surprised to see the Wiig hate too, never minded her at all
Cash Rulz wrote: I went with Spade. His level of smugness and sarcasm seem to come from some deep inadequacy he probably really feels about himself.
no probably about it, and that's actually exactly the reason why i enjoyed his schtick

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

When 1995 came around and they put in that whole new cast, there were only three female cast members. I always found that really interesting. Especially since they are all funnier than Chris Kattan. But I went with Jim Bruer for this one.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

drizzle wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote: I went with Spade. His level of smugness and sarcasm seem to come from some deep inadequacy he probably really feels about himself.
no probably about it, and that's actually exactly the reason why i enjoyed his schtick
That can be said about 50% of all comedians though, no?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

idk the Breur hate either, did you dorks not smoke weed in college/around late 90s early 00s or something?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Jimmy Fallon is not funny and never has been.

How the fuck he got his own late night show is a mystery to me.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Blockhead wrote:
drizzle wrote:Fallon was great in those masshole skits and randomly had an amazing turn in Almost Famous (theatrical cut unfortunately deletes his best scene which is actually one of the best things in the movie), but he sucked dick otherwise
I thought aside from the masshole and the robin gibb show, fallon was a complete and total hack. He could do some decent impressions here and there but the majority of the skits driven by him (high college kid public access show, IT guy are the two that pop into my mind) were fucking awful.

HELL YEAH!!!+

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

drizzle wrote:idk the Breur hate either, did you dorks not smoke weed in college/around late 90s early 00s or something?
He was good in Half Baked? That was it. His standup was on the same level as Skyline.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

There is only so much Joe Pesci and Goatman you can stomach.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Cash Rulz wrote:His standup was on the same level as Skyline.
:lol: