OUT: Leno; IN: Fallon

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Employee
Fast Eddie

OUT: Leno; IN: Fallon

Post by Employee »

Sources say Jay Leno out, Jimmy Fallon in on 'Tonight Show'
The Hollywood Reporter said Saturday that NBC execs will announce in May that this is Leno's last season. He has hosted for a total of 20 years.
:fail:

jredd109

Re: OUT: Leno; IN: Fallon

Post by jredd109 »

this worked well last time they retired leno. he'll be back again.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

NBC needs to get rid of its internet connection. These are the kind of dumb decisions that allow the CW to beat them in the ratings. I might not like Leno but his ratings will be at least twice that of Fallons when he takes over just like what happened to Conan. And has anyone raped the networks like Conan has with that TBS deal and no ratings? TBS another place that needs to unplug the internet.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I'll believe it when I see it.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Philaflava wrote:I'll believe it when I see it.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

SYM wrote:
Philaflava wrote:I'll believe it when I see it and it lasts more than a couple months.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

people still watch late night talk shows?

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Fallon is gonna pull worse numbers than Conan did when he moved to the Tonight Show

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

jimmy kimmel: slow and steady wins the race

citizen

Post by citizen »

if this is true i will miss headlines but thats about it

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

ThaJim2 wrote:NBC needs to get rid of its internet connection. These are the kind of dumb decisions that allow the CW to beat them in the ratings. I might not like Leno but his ratings will be at least twice that of Fallons when he takes over just like what happened to Conan. And has anyone raped the networks like Conan has with that TBS deal and no ratings? TBS another place that needs to unplug the internet.
Im confused by what you mean by unplugging the internet.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

The Afronaut wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:NBC needs to get rid of its internet connection. These are the kind of dumb decisions that allow the CW to beat them in the ratings. I might not like Leno but his ratings will be at least twice that of Fallons when he takes over just like what happened to Conan. And has anyone raped the networks like Conan has with that TBS deal and no ratings? TBS another place that needs to unplug the internet.

The internet is basically a collection of different fan voices that should be ignored. They include hardcore fans of cult shows, internet MBAs that claim they would totally buy the product instead of pirating it if only they offered it x way and the alleged taste makers.

NBC is the worst in actually listening to them and trying to be the cool network instead of being a network that has profits at the end of the day. They keep shows like Chuck, Community, 30 Rock etc on longer then the ratings tell them they should. They dump Leno now twice because the cool kids don't like him but like Conan and Fallon. Conan bombed so bad he almost took down the network and is bombing again on TBS despite all the internet love for him. They seem to think twitter hashtags equal ratings. They produce and promote "cable dramas" more then the other networks because the internet loves them instead of procedures. They have a show like Chicago Fire that is on a dead night for them with little promotion and its their biggest new show after the revolution (that had the full marketing push and the best lead in).

Basically the internet is listing to what the customer says they want instead of actually what they will pay to get. Listening to the internet gets you the car homer designed while seeing what customers buy gets you a Carrola that sells 750k units every year.

Simple Rock

Post by Simple Rock »

ThaJim2 wrote:
The Afronaut wrote:

The internet is basically a collection of different fan voices that should be ignored. They include hardcore fans of cult shows, internet MBAs that claim they would totally buy the product instead of pirating it if only they offered it x way and the alleged taste makers.

NBC is the worst in actually listening to them and trying to be the cool network instead of being a network that has profits at the end of the day. They keep shows like Chuck, Community, 30 Rock etc on longer then the ratings tell them they should. They dump Leno now twice because the cool kids don't like him but like Conan and Fallon. Conan bombed so bad he almost took down the network
Wrong.

1. one program doesn't make or break a networks profit margin.

2. The main reason for Leno moving back to the 1135p slot was because he was a bad leadin at the 10p slot for the 11p local late news that nbc and their major markets broadcast. Local markets demanded a higher rated lead in, such as reality, or scripted drama etc to boost 11p news ratings.

3. NBC didn't move leno to 10p because the internets advised. they did that because jeff zucker saw it as a cost saving measure.