Dexter - Season 8 (Final Season)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

ardamus
O.G. Status

Dexter - Season 8 (Final Season)

Post by ardamus »

SPOILER ALERT.

Premieres June 30th.

Last edited by ardamus on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

battlecatmeowstab212

Re: Dexter - Season 8 (Final Season)

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

SPOILER: The entire series was Hall's character from "Six Feet Under" having a dream.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

I haven't watched since a few episodes into season 5, is it worth catching up/finishing?

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Pronay wrote:I haven't watched since a few episodes into season 5, is it worth catching up/finishing?
The second half of season 5 from the episode "Everything is Illuminated" onward is awesome and completely makes up for how much the first half sucked. Dexter targets a celebrity, and it's pretty great.

After the last episode of season 5, stop immediately and never look back.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Ardy - i would def put a spoiler alert above the video for people who aren't caught up lol. Or in the thread title. If you're not caught up though and haven't watched it yet - don't. I would say it's worth catching up on if you're even slightly invested in the show. 5-7 do kinda suck, but the end of last season is one of the gnarliest cliff hangers...I've come too far to not watch now so I kinda have to I guess lol.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Show has been wack since Jimmy Smits split and went to Charming

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

watching those two minutes i'm kinda surprised i ever made it through the two seasons that i did
moved by duck muscles

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

siLLy KiD wrote:Ardy - i would def put a spoiler alert above the video for people who aren't caught up lol. Or in the thread title. If you're not caught up though and haven't watched it yet - don't. I would say it's worth catching up on if you're even slightly invested in the show. 5-7 do kinda suck, but the end of last season is one of the gnarliest cliff hangers...I've come too far to not watch now so I kinda have to I guess lol.
Spoiler alert tyranny, yo.

Who precisely are the dumb motherfuckers who don't want spoilers but are clicking a season 8 preview video when they're not caught up on the show?

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

watched the first episode of this final season last night. reminded me why i should have stopped watching seasons ago. too bad i'm too committed at this point to jump ship but damn some of the dialogue and plot is soooooooooooo bad.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Coked out Deb is the hottest she's ever looked.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Blockhead wrote:Coked out Deb is the hottest she's ever looked.
co- :jiz: 'd

malpractice

Post by malpractice »

im just so ready for this series to end. ive been watching since the beginning, i havent given up on it, but i feel like it could have ended about 2 seasons ago. hoping this last season gets good. it has potential. i like the creepy neuropsych lady.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

malpractice wrote:i like the creepy neuropsych lady.
Charlotte Rampling. Respect the Goddess.

PEACE

malpractice

Post by malpractice »

very nice! i was totally unfamiliar.

shoulda guessed though. i noticed in one scene she had nice gams for an old broad.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

The Punisher was good in the last season.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

siLLy KiD wrote:
Blockhead wrote:Coked out Deb is the hottest she's ever looked.
co- :jiz: 'd
no doubt. :gyeah:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I think I like the concept of the psychologist in this season. How she plays up the role of a mother figure to Dexter. And how she seemed to be more of the backbone of what helped Harry create Dexter and his boundaries in the first place. She's definitely gonna die before this all ends though. Any thoughts?

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

I'm waiting to see what the big "twist" that they try to throw in at the last second is. I think they either make the psychologist the killer or they have her turn Dexter against Deb. Maybe they do both. Maybe neither. The show is unpredictably bad while being predictable as hell simultaneously. The stuff with the doctor and Dexter is actually good so far but all of the side characters are dreadful.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

ive had a hunch that she will end up as the killer/on the table by the end of the season as well...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

missed the last two seasons and jumped back this year like nothing happened. i agree deb looks way hotter now. i remember the pilot thinking couldn't they have gotten a cute chick to play this part.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

:cheers: @ the doctor's pimp slap.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

samdoom wrote:I'm waiting to see what the big "twist" that they try to throw in at the last second is. I think they either make the psychologist the killer or they have her turn Dexter against Deb. Maybe they do both. Maybe neither. The show is unpredictably bad while being predictable as hell simultaneously. The stuff with the doctor and Dexter is actually good so far but all of the side characters are dreadful.

Good summary.

Hilarious that Deb somehow went from a drugged out suicidal maniac back to regular old Deb literally between episodes. Also that the the major plot point of this season seems to be the kid and a will he/won't he about him being the next Dexter, and the introduction of the kid being hamfisted as fuck.

All signs of course point to the Dr. being immensely more fucked up than we, as idiots, have been "led to believe", and Dexter not actually being a psychopath. I guess it's one way out of not having the balls to kill him off, but hilariously, it will also mean that the central conceit of the show was always bullshit.

I'm predicting a retard strength last scene fading to black with a Dexter voice over about how his dark passenger was really Dr. Vogel's, and how he's excited to raise Harrison or some dumb shit.

Also, Hannah McKay has yet to reappear, so we have that dumb shit to look forward to also. :cheers:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Pronay wrote:I haven't watched since a few episodes into season 4, i refuse to believe it's worth finishing up
Nets 2022

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

^^^ You quit before it got really bad, but it's back to being the always ultimately disappointing but still entertaining schlock that it was at its best. The only surprise really has been that the actor that plays Deb went from being easily the least talented actor on the show to easily the most talented actor on the show while you were away. Dr. Vogel is also a good character, and well acted. They've also begun to humanize Masuka for some reason, which is just unnecessary and bizarre at this point.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

PopeyeJones wrote:^^^ You quit before it got really bad, but it's back to being the always ultimately disappointing but still entertaining schlock that it was at its best. The only surprise really has been that the actor that plays Deb went from being easily the least talented actor on the show to easily the most talented actor on the show while you were away. Dr. Vogel is also a good character, and well acted. They've also begun to humanize Masuka for some reason, which is just unnecessary and bizarre at this point.

LOL.

just read all the season summaries on wiki and i gotta admit i am kinda intrigued on paper anyway regarding edward james olmos playing a religious zealot
Nets 2022

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

^^^ Holy fuck that season was bad. Maybe even worse than Season 5. You quit during the Lithgow season, which was sadly a high point for this show.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Nah, Masuka being humanized is actually way funnier than it seems.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

wish i would've jumped ship a couple seasons ago but i'm committed. this is a painfully bad final season. the doctor is the only redeeming part

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

samdoom wrote:wish i would've jumped ship a couple seasons ago but i'm committed. this is a painfully bad final season. the doctor is the only redeeming part

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

PopeyeJones wrote:^^^ Holy fuck that season was bad. Maybe even worse than Season 5. You quit during the Lithgow season, which was sadly a high point for this show.
oh no i miscalculated

that season wasn't bad

i stopped watching the season with that annoying cunt who likes to dance with or act with black guys in her movies, fake ass kirsten dunst girl

i distinctly remember the last funny thing i laughed at in dexter being matsuka theorizing that the killer in that season was some kind of sexual deviant lol
Nets 2022