Jack Bauer is coming back

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Truth.

Jack Bauer is coming back

Post by Truth. »

’24′ Eyes Return As Limited Series On Fox, Howard Gordon To EP, Kiefer Sutherland In Talks To Star
BY NELLIE ANDREEVA | Thursday May 9, 2013 @ 4:22pm PDT

The clock may start ticking again on Fox. I’ve learned that the network is looking to bring back its signature real-time drama 24 as a limited series. Kiefer Sutherland is in talks to reprise his Emmy-winning role as Agent Jack Bauer. No deals are in place, but Fox is eying 24 as part of its recent push in limited event series. Since 24 ended its eight-season run on Fox in 2010, there have been efforts to continue the story as a feature, which ultimately didn’t take off.

I hear the idea to do another 24 chapter on TV came from longtime 24 showrunner Howard Gordon, now executive producer on Showtime’s Homeland. I hear he pitched the plan, which would start from scratch with a new story arc, to 24 producers 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Imagine TV as well as Fox, which all jumped on board. Gordon will likely executive produce through his 20th TV-based company Teakwood Lane. In addition to Homeland, Gordon executive produces the newly picked up TNT series Legends and high-profile FX pilot Tyrant, which is being directed by Ang Lee.

Sutherland most recently starred on the Fox/20th TV drama Touch, which is being cancelled after two seasons. The original 24 was created by Joel Surnow and Bob Cochran, who executive produced with Gordon, Brian Grazer, Sutherland, Evan Katz and Tony Krantz. At the 2006 Emmys, the show won five Emmys, including best drama series and best actor in a drama series for Sutherland.

UPDATE: Former 24 executive producer David Fury said on Twitter that he also is involved in the reboot. “I’m pulling double duty along with Tyrant,” he wrote.

Re: Jack Bauer is coming back

Post by 360 »

Eh, let me know when Jack O' Neil comes back.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Best news everrrrrrrrrrr
Bauer is god.
Wish we were getting a movie but this is just as good. Hopefully they change up the format/maybe take him overseas on some black ops shit or something

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

360 wrote:Eh, let me know when Jack O' Neil comes back.
FAG

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

ok so i've only ever seen season 1 of 24

is it worth my time to try to watch the whole thing? it always seemed like something i'd love, just never made time for it
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yes. They are basically 24 hour long Steven Segal movies. Well more like 18 hours without the commercial breaks but whatever.
There are lots of gay plotlines, but then Jack will come in and do something completely ridiculous
Like thisImage
and totally justify whatever bullshit you just sat through.
Plus its an everyone can die show, which makes it tons of fun.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

how many seasons?

alpha

Post by alpha »

8, quit being a fag and man up.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

when you get to season 6 just watch the first 4 episodes and skip the rest

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

think i skipped 7 & 8 but would be down to dive on in again
moved by duck muscles

bent

Post by bent »

You should skip season 6 and 7, but season 8 was awesome.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

^^^Probably the most badass scene of any show ever

I wouldn't skip 6&7, they still have their moments. Even 8 has that godawful Dana Walsh storyline.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

well the plot is continuous right? so i can't really skip anything or i'll be lost as to why he's killing a particular person at the moment?

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah its continuous but they are mostly contained between seasons. So you could skip if you wanted to, you wouldn't know everyone's backstories.
But each season is basically its own separate crisis with 50% new cast cause they kill off half of them each season.
Just watch them all in order and be done with it yo.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

used bin here i come

or maybe i can just torrent whole seasons

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

it's all on netflix instant mayne if you want the ultimate ease
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

not the movie however, which was b/w 6 & 7
moved by duck muscles

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Almeda better be in this.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

drizzle wrote:well the plot is continuous right? so i can't really skip anything or i'll be lost as to why he's killing a particular person at the moment?
The show was notorious for ending a season with a shit ton of plot lines and then forgotten completely. Even within most seasons it was usually about 4 hours to a storyline then move on to the next.

Bringing back the show is unnecessary. It more then ran its course.

alpha

Post by alpha »

the seasons are pretty self contained. people are kinda over-stating it imo.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/10/24-return-episodes/

they plan to do a 13 episode season if you don't want to read the link.
Bringing back the show is unnecessary. It more then ran its course.
you will burn in hell, Dammit

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

The more I read about this the more excited I am about it. I think getting away from a strict real-time format will be liberating for the series.
It was groundbreaking and thrilling at first but led to too many filler subplots that dragged down the show, now they can just stick to the meat and potatoes.
Jack's Back: FOX confirms '24: Live Another Day' for Summer 2014

Kiefer Sutherland will solve problems in 12 hours now

By Daniel Fienberg Monday, May 13, 2013 10:14 AM

Jack Bauer's back. He probably won't be fighting a subway car again.

Credit: FOX

As countless terrorists and corrupt government officials learned over 192 episodes, it's impossible to keep Jack Bauer down. You can shoot him, stab him, throw him in Chinese prison or stop his heart, but he keeps on coming.

Count "cancellation" as the latest form of adversity Jack Bauer has been able to overcome.

FOX confirmed on Monday (May 13) morning that "24" will be returning in 2014 in a new form as part of FOX's new commitment to what used to be called "miniseries," but are now "event series" in FOX's parlance.

The newly rebooted "24," fittingly titled "24: Live Another Day" and still featuring Kiefer Sutherland, will premiere in May of 2014 as a 12-episode event series.

"They always had this idea of maybe someday doing a feature film and as they got into the feature film, I think they all agreed, 'You know what? '24' being compressed into two hours is not '24,'" FOX Entertainment Chairman Kevin Reilly told reporters on Monday. "And in talking about it over the last couple of years, they kinda got their juices flowing again. When we announced this new franchise, kinda a little light went off for Howard [Gordon] and said, 'Wait a minute. Why are we killing ourselves trying to crack a feature when this is the perfect form?'"

Reilly explained that for Gordon and company, the event series model for "24" made sense.

"As he would design the season, the spine of the 24 episodes was really about 12 hours," Reilly said. "Those were where the big events occurred and then there were little twists and connective tissue in-between, so he just said, 'This is so liberating for us to kinda take what we would see as the best of the 12.' But what we'll be able to do is go in chronological order of the day, but then we'll skip out. You may go, whatever, 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 11, 12 and 3. It'll be dictated by the plot. Howard's really energized over it and so are we. It came together very quickly."

FOX's plan is to have "24: Live Another Day" ready to premiere by May, when it will be paired with another drama series. It will then run through late summer, leading into the premiere of FOX's next event series, presumably the M. Night Shyamalan drama "Wayward Pines," which will star Matt Dillon.

"We're gonna do these in a very significant way, with big scope and top talent and top marketing budgets," Reilly promises of the "event series" model. "Most of these will be in production for well over 12 months, so these will be very significant programs."

The various "24" stalwarts offered statements through FOX regarding the show's return.

"The response to ‘24’ is unlike anything I have ever experienced as an actor before," blurbs Sutherland. "To have the chance to reunite with the character, Jack Bauer, is like finding a lost friend. The story ideas from Howard Gordon are exciting and fresh, and will not disappoint. Great thanks to 20th Century Fox Television, Imagine Television and the FOX network for this opportunity. Make no mistake, my goal is to knock your socks off. See you soon."

Adds Gordon, "Jack Bauer has always been an exciting, thrilling character, and I confess that I’ve missed him. I think the audience has too. The character has evolved through the years, and this new and exciting event series format is perfect to tell the next chapter of his story and continue to reflect how the world is changing. Fans can rest assured that the Jack they know and love will be back."

Could this mark a permanent return for Jack Bauer and "24"? Reilly suggested the answer is "No, but maybe."

"These event series are going to be stand-alone events," Reilly said. "The idea's also to give the audience something where they say, 'That is an appointment show and there's gonna be a beginning, middle and end. I don't have to be in five years. I don't have to follow it season-to-season.' But some of these, and this is true of '24,' could have franchiseability, there could be sequels."

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/news/jacks-back-f ... jT7FU0c.99

Post by 360 »

Tommy Bunz wrote:
360 wrote:Eh, let me know when Jack O' Neil comes back.
FAG

Interestingly, we can both be easily viewed as Jack Bauer in this gif given the context.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

i knew coming into this thread that this was going to be a bunz fest.

this is great news.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:i knew coming into this thread that this was going to be a bunz fest.

this is great news.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

bunz fest surprise axe swing on faggots

Gregg Popabitch

lmao.

i feel like bunz forgot that the 24 threads used to be me, him, truth, and 2 other dudes in a circle jerk.

Gregg Popabitch

I will leave this gif here on the altar of bunz fest

hopefully it will appease the gods.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

awww fuck you you're trying to break my heart poopabitch

give it up for my shortaaaayyyy

alpha

Post by alpha »

I can only hope one day there are Jack Bauer jokes instead of chuck Norris jokes.

Gregg Popabitch

alpha wrote:I can only hope one day there are Jack Bauer jokes instead of chuck Norris jokes.