Family Tree (HBO)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Dan

Family Tree (HBO)

Post by Dan »

Premieres tonight. I haven't watched any trailers for it (not even the one I posted). All I needed to know was that Christopher Guest is behind it and Chris O'Dowd stars. I'm in.

Having recently lost his job and his girlfriend, 30-year-old Tom Chadwick has a rather unsure sense of his own identity. But when he inherits a mysterious box of belongings from a great aunt he never met, Tom starts investigating his lineage and uncovers a whole world of unusual stories and characters, acquiring a growing sense of who he and his real family are.

Written and created by Christopher Guest and Jim Piddock, the new comedy series FAMILY TREE is a single-camera, documentary-style show in the manner of Guest's acclaimed feature films (such as 'Best in Show,' 'Waiting for Guffman' and 'A Mighty Wind'). Chris O'Dowd ('Bridesmaids') stars as Tom Chadwick in the HBO presentation, along with Tom Bennett and Nina Conti. The series also features appearances by Carrie Aizley, Bob Balaban, Ed Begley, Jr., Maria Blasucci, Matt Griesser, Christopher Guest, Don Lake, Michael McKean, Lisa Palfrey, Jim Piddock, Kevin Pollak, Amy Seimetz, Meera Syal, Ashley Walters and Fred Willard.

siLLy KiD

Re: Family Tree (HBO)

Post by siLLy KiD »

set for record. stoked. I've missed a few of his flicks, but guf and bis and mighty wind are my fav movies ever. Cast is all there, can't see this being bad. Especially with my main man Fred Dubs involved.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

been wondering about it since i've seen the posters

trailer looks great, proper Guest swag with all the awkwardness and regular players, and O'Dowd seems well fit for it. def gonna check it out
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

y
in
moved by duck muscles

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

i starting watching this and just couldn't get into it....but i will try again. what'd everyone else think that watched the full episode?

Gurped Out

Post by Gurped Out »

I tought it was ok a few :lol: moments will definetly watch again I feel like it get better.