300: Rise Of An Empire

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

300: Rise Of An Empire

Post by drizzle »

i thnk the whole movie is in slow motion
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Spartan

Re: 300: Rise Of An Empire

Post by Spartan »

Fuck yeah!

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Username/post

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

took me forever to find this scene but internets did not fail

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Probably will not go to the movies to see. At least not immediately.

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

Looks horrible.

admiral

Post by admiral »

Spartan wrote:Fuck yeah!
Slo-mo bloodletting and I'm there

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

Tommy Bunz wrote:

took me forever to find this scene but internets did not fail
thanks for the reminder of this show.
need to revisit post haste.

ric

Post by ric »

saw it for superman trailers. shit is going to be sweet

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Anyone going to see this?
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Planning to see it next weekend.

ric

Post by ric »

saw it last night. shit was sweet. eva green is awesome.
cant wait for a third

alpha

Post by alpha »

eva green has nice tits. otherwise this was pretty bad.

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

Eva green's tits were surprisingly good. Movie wasn't bad.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

^^^

Comedy Quaddafi

So there's good tits in the movie and it's bad/not bad.

Does this one also contain manipulative parallels to the war in Iraq which Icesickle warned us about upon the release of the original?
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:So there's good tits in the movie and it's bad/not bad.
:lol:

Kace

Post by Kace »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:So there's good tits in the movie and it's bad/not bad.

Does this one also contain manipulative parallels to the war in Iraq which Icesickle warned us about upon the release of the original?
How the hell did the movie contain parallels to the war in Iraq?
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

ric

Post by ric »

@kace
remember hes asking about something that icesickle was talking about. so the fact that its greece vs persia is going to upset him

Comedy Quaddafi

If you google you'll find a bunch of blogs and magazines who wrote about that.

http://artthreat.net/2007/10/300-racist-war-propaganda/
300: RACIST WAR PROPAGANDA WITH SEPTIC TIMING
Looking at larger publications, there's a world famous women's magazine called The Guardian where you can read about Frank Miller's Crypto Fascism: http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2011 ... od-fascism
The film 300, directed by Zack Snyder, based on a Frank Miller graphic novel of the same name, is just what you would expect from the heavily freighted right-wing filmic propaganda of the post-9/11 period: the Greeks, from which our own putative democracies are descended, must fight to the death against a vast but incompetent army of Persians (those hordes of the Middle East), who are considered here unworthy of characterisation – in fact, every character in the film is unworthy of characterisation – and the noble Spartans (the Greeks in question) achieve heroism despite their glorious deaths on the field at Thermopylae, by virtue of the moral superiority of their belief system and their unmatched courage. Ruthless enemy! From the Middle East! Heroic, rugged individualists! A big, sentimental score! Lots and lots of blue-screen! Endless amounts of body parts spewing theatrical blood!

It's a barely watchable film, but what from Hollywood these days is not similarly unwatchable, when so many high-profile releases are based on a medium, the comic book, made expressly to engage the attentions of pre- and just post-pubescent boys. At least comic books themselves are so politically dim-witted, so pie-in-the-sky idealistic as to be hard to take seriously. But in the films of this era, the Marvel and DC era of Hollywood, even when the work is not self-evidently shilling for large corporations (with product placement) or militating for a libertarian and oligarchical political status quo (which makes a fine environment for large, multinational corporations), the work is doing nothing at all to oppose these things.
- MB

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

^ i ride for the war in iraq interpretation

def gonna watch the new one at some point. i just get the impression that they didn't rly switch it up. like throw in some hip hop instead of rock, or make it alexander vs hindus or something. every successful sequel needs to switch it up along some dimension.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Kace

Post by Kace »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:If you google you'll find a bunch of blogs and magazines who wrote about that.

http://artthreat.net/2007/10/300-racist-war-propaganda/
300: RACIST WAR PROPAGANDA WITH SEPTIC TIMING
Looking at larger publications, there's a world famous women's magazine called The Guardian where you can read about Frank Miller's Crypto Fascism: http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2011 ... od-fascism
The film 300, directed by Zack Snyder, based on a Frank Miller graphic novel of the same name, is just what you would expect from the heavily freighted right-wing filmic propaganda of the post-9/11 period: the Greeks, from which our own putative democracies are descended, must fight to the death against a vast but incompetent army of Persians (those hordes of the Middle East), who are considered here unworthy of characterisation – in fact, every character in the film is unworthy of characterisation – and the noble Spartans (the Greeks in question) achieve heroism despite their glorious deaths on the field at Thermopylae, by virtue of the moral superiority of their belief system and their unmatched courage. Ruthless enemy! From the Middle East! Heroic, rugged individualists! A big, sentimental score! Lots and lots of blue-screen! Endless amounts of body parts spewing theatrical blood!

It's a barely watchable film, but what from Hollywood these days is not similarly unwatchable, when so many high-profile releases are based on a medium, the comic book, made expressly to engage the attentions of pre- and just post-pubescent boys. At least comic books themselves are so politically dim-witted, so pie-in-the-sky idealistic as to be hard to take seriously. But in the films of this era, the Marvel and DC era of Hollywood, even when the work is not self-evidently shilling for large corporations (with product placement) or militating for a libertarian and oligarchical political status quo (which makes a fine environment for large, multinational corporations), the work is doing nothing at all to oppose these things.
They compare this to the Iraq war and say the Greeks are like the US army or something, yet it was the Persians who invaded a foreign country with a huge army of 100000s soldiers, while the vastly outnumbered Greeks were simply defending their homeland.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

^^ the Bush parallel was based on the idea of taking pre-emptive action against a perceived threat, and doing so against the explicit wishes of the rest of the governing body. the fact that the approaching threat being preemptively struck against happened to be made up of brown people from roughly the same part of the world only made it worse. your fairly logical objections based on who was actually invading what and under what circumstances were mostly ignored.

Comedy Quaddafi

There are some insanely funny theories about like that. It might even be worth a thread.

From the article in The Guardian:
Or what about the expensive and aesthetically pretentious Gladiator (2000), which I still contend is an allegory about George W Bush's candidacy for president
- MB

Req

Post by Req »

the fact that CQ is in here wanking off over it should pretty much spell out 300's fairly obvious metaphors and allegories
F.U. MOOLAH

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

FROM THE PEOPLE THAT BROUGHT YOU THEORIES ABOUT NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN BEING AN ALLEGORY FOR 9/11 (TUN TUN TUUNNNNNNNNN)

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

cq please.

lets get back to thos tits.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

haven't ever seen the lady in question in anything but from a quick google image search i don't find it all that surprising that her tits are nice
moved by duck muscles

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Now see if Ice was still here he would point out that her tits been looking good ever since The Dreamers

Comedy Quaddafi

http://www.filmvz.com/eva/eva-green-boobs.htm

She has shown her tits on multiple occasions.
- MB