Dave chappelle hannibal buress on tour

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

JaH BLaZe

Dave chappelle hannibal buress on tour

Post by JaH BLaZe »

http://www.inquisitr.com/793287/dave-ch ... -detailed/

Puts those rumors about chappelle and murphy to rest i know hannibal burress is a good fit for his style of comedy. Whos going to this

ObeseJesus

Re: Dave chappelle hannibal buress on tour

Post by ObeseJesus »

I really wish I could go to this. Dave Chappelle, Hannibal Buress, John Mulaney, Chris D'Elia, Jim Jefferies, and Brody Stevens all under one roof is the best comedy lineup I've ever heard of.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Buress is a hack.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

blastmaster wrote:Buress is a hack.

shut the fuck up.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

blastmaster wrote:Buress is a hack.
Trolling.

Post by 907 »

Kind of related, the husband of this this girl I went to highschool with used to work with him, and went on to write for Fallon as well. He just sold a pilot produced by Lorene Michals to HBO, and is probably going to be rich and famous sooner than later.

Diallo Riddle. I got drunk with him at me and his wife's ten year reunion, he's good people
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

how is there no mention of FOTC being on this bill?

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

metalarms
moved by duck muscles

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

No Tampa dates :copy:

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

samdoom wrote:how is there no mention of FOTC being on this bill?
because fuck FOTC, that's how

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

Tommy Bunz wrote:
samdoom wrote:how is there no mention of FOTC being on this bill?
because fuck FOTC, that's how
ha. to each his own. regardless of your thoughts/feelings on them, they're definitely the second headliner and will pull way more of a crowd than most of the other comedians previously mentioned other than Chappelle.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

You have to at least be bicurious or know what a dick tastes like to find anything redeeming, anything at all, about "Flight of the Concords."

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Is Hannibal Burress fairly political (not that it is the central theme of his act, but referenced heavily) and always makes jokes about how white people and theists suck?

If he is I'd have to agree with the Male Ass Master's assessment that he is, indeed, a hack (and an overrated one at that).

Yeah, just Googled him; dude is terrible.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Employee wrote:You have to at least be bicurious or know what a dick tastes like to find anything redeeming, anything at all, about "Flight of the Concords."
Fuck FOTC, see you at the Shoreline, faggot.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Employee wrote:Is Hannibal Burress fairly political (not that it is the central theme of his act, but referenced heavily) and always makes jokes about how white people and theists suck?

I
He does neither of these things with any regularity, if at all.
He's a funny dude.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Blockhead wrote:
Employee wrote:Is Hannibal Burress fairly political (not that it is the central theme of his act, but referenced heavily) and always makes jokes about how white people and theists suck?

I
He's a funny dude.
Yeah, he does; no, he's not.

Wow, you're an atheist, bro, living on comedy's edge.

Req

Post by Req »

Employee wrote: Yeah, he does; no, he's not.

can a mod restrict this faggot to Biko already?
F.U. MOOLAH

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Employee wrote:
Blockhead wrote:

I
He's a funny dude.

How many 30 second clips on youtube did you have to watch to come to this conclusion?

I have his album and neither of those things came up enough to even notice them. Sure, he talks about race but he's not like a comic view "White guys do this! black guys do this!" kinda comedian. He's way more in chappelle's lane (in how he approaches subjects) than whoever you have him confused with. and the atheism...Never heard him say a joke about it. Haven't heard everything he's done but still, it's hardly a hot topic of his. But then again, I also embrace jokes about religion so maybe I didn't even notice.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

metalarms
moved by duck muscles

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Riveting.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

So one clip and pic? Yeah. you got his entire steeze as a comedian definitely locked down there. Atheism and hating white people. Nothing more.
and, come on, burritos are both delicious and real.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Blockhead wrote:
Employee wrote:
Blockhead wrote:

I
He's a funny dude.

How many 30 second clips on youtube did you have to watch to come to this conclusion?

I have his album and neither of those things came up enough to even notice them. Sure, he talks about race but he's not like a comic view "White guys do this! black guys do this!" kinda comedian. He's way more in chappelle's lane (in how he approaches subjects) than whoever you have him confused with. and the atheism...Never heard him say a joke about it. Haven't heard everything he's done but still, it's hardly a hot topic of his. But then again, I also embrace jokes about religion so maybe I didn't even notice.
Why is it not shocking that your idea of analysis is watching thirty-second clips on You Tube?

He is an unremarkable, unfunny, atheist comedian who prides himself on being unremarkable, unfunny, and an atheist. I recalled him upon entering (nh @ "upon entering") this thread because of the one funny joke he made when I was watching his set about the church being shut down for the taqueria. Apparently that has legs as he's been using it for the entirety of his career.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Blockhead wrote:So one clip and pic? Yeah. you got his entire steeze as a comedian definitely locked down there. Atheism and hating white people. Nothing more.
Read my post; you are half-a-tard, player.

None

Post by None »

Yessss!!! Steven Broady Stevens!!!

ReginaldWonder

Post by ReginaldWonder »

Comedians aren't allowed to make jokes making fun of churches or praying without instantly becoming sellouts. Even if it's for 30+ seconds out of a total of two albums, tons of unreleased material, and an entire season of The Eric André Show.

Boy, that Bill Hicks, what a hack sell out. And don't even get me started on what a hack, piece-of-shit comedian Carlin is. Thank you Employee, your enlightened and obviously well-researched viewpoints have opened my eyes and now I can see the divine comedic light once more.

P.S. Please upload a 5 minute set of you telling your own jokes so I can truly see what kind of hard-hitting material "real" comedians should aspire to. But please, no pro-atheist/anti-Jesus jokes as we know only hacks delve into that kinda of hackery.
*place meta joke here*

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Employee wrote:
Blockhead wrote:So one clip and pic? Yeah. you got his entire steeze as a comedian definitely locked down there. Atheism and hating white people. Nothing more.
Well, as a guy who's actually watched and listened to his full shows, it never jumped out at me as his shtick..cause it simply isn't. Pull all the clips you want to disprove me but it does't make you right. Just reactionary.
David cross, bill maher, bill hicks, Jim Jeffries (who is also on this same tour)...now THOSE guys really went/go hard at religion on a regular basis. They pride themselves on it. Burress is simply not that aggressive type of comedian. Funny or not, he's pretty lighthearted in general.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Who was that shitty long haired frat comic who died of a heroin overdose and talked all slow and monotone? Buress remind me of him only less funny and with odd future references. Y'all can keep him.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

This thread makes me weep.

Going to this show.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Blockhead wrote:
Employee wrote:
Well, as a guy who's actually watched and listened to his full shows, it never jumped out at me as his shtick..cause it simply isn't. Pull all the clips you want to disprove me but it does't make you right. Just reactionary.
David cross, bill maher, bill hicks, Jim Jeffries (who is also on this same tour)...now THOSE guys really went/go hard at religion on a regular basis. They pride themselves on it. Burress is simply not that aggressive type of comedian. Funny or not, he's pretty lighthearted in general.
You're more emotionally invested in him than a husband, guy.

He's not funny and his shtick is safe and lame and played out. I'm sure I totally don't get his laid back, nuanced kilter. He's like that terrible dude Chris Rock put on who has a show on FX that is never funny and is actually worse than Russel Brand's show (which is a new, steaming pile of shit every week). And, yes, he is known for his atheist leanings. I suppose being the BuzzFeed-in-Comedian form is what is provocative today. Hopefully he'll make a daring croissant joke in his next set.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ReginaldWonder wrote:Comedians aren't allowed to make jokes making fun of churches or praying without instantly becoming sellouts. Even if it's for 30+ seconds out of a total of two albums, tons of unreleased material, and an entire season of The Eric André Show.

Boy, that Bill Hicks, what a hack sell out. And don't even get me started on what a hack, piece-of-shit comedian Carlin is. Thank you Employee, your enlightened and obviously well-researched viewpoints have opened my eyes and now I can see the divine comedic light once more.

P.S. Please upload a 5 minute set of you telling your own jokes so I can truly see what kind of hard-hitting material "real" comedians should aspire to. But please, no pro-atheist/anti-Jesus jokes as we know only hacks delve into that kinda of hackery.