Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - March 25, 2016

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Truth.

Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - March 25, 2016

Post by Truth. »

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... -of-steel/
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
Last edited by Truth. on Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Truth.

Re: "Superman & Batman" film to be released in 2015?

Post by Truth. »

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyder is bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

“Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe.”

The current hit, “Man of Steel,” has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015.

Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.”

Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted, “Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe.”

Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.”

The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

Thomas offered, “Whilst our ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack’s fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can’t wait to see what Zack does with these characters.”
How is Marvel going to top this news? We have official word from Comic-Con that the next MAN OF STEEL film is in fact going to be a Batman/Superman film that Zack Snyder will direct. Henry Cavill will return, David S. Goyer will write, and Christopher Nolan will be an executive producer.

Snyder came to the stage and had MOS actor Harry Lennix read this quote from Frank Miller’s legendary graphic novel, THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS,
“I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember your hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.”
Snyder followed that up by explaining,
“We’re not adapting this thing, but it is the thing that will help us tell that story.”
So take from that whatever you want but I think they realize that Superman does not have a big enough role in the graphic novel so they will obviously need to beef it up. We don't know how much of Miller's story will inspire the film so don't get your hopes too high but this the news we have all been waiting for.

Re: "Superman & Batman" film to be released in 2015

Post by 907 »

:ohsh:

They're really doing it. This could be amazing. Wonder who's gonna play Bats?
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

I'm sure there are better choices but the first thing coming to mind is Jim Caviezel.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

sploooogzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
moved by duck muscles

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Is the Dark Knight Returns the best Bats/Supes crossover to make into a motion picture though? I feel like there were a bunch of others that might translate to screen much easier. I could be wrong though.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Is this or is this not going to be the Justice League movie?

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

this is gonna be the Man Of Steel sequel with Batman in it
Last edited by Truth. on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

907 wrote::ohsh:

They're really doing it. This could be amazing. Wonder who's gonna play Bats?
someone who doesn't growl when he's talking while wearing the Batsuit
SYM wrote:Is this or is this not going to be the Justice League movie?
no, make that happen after the third Superman movie
they don't have the team together yet

without Wonder Woman, THERE IS NO FUCKING JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE. forget even Green Lantern or Martian Manhunter or Green Arrow or Hawkgirl or Cyborg or any of the other tertiary characters they might select

they just re-established Superman again, need a new Batman, and don't even have a Wonder Woman.
lots of work to do, but it's all there, waiting to be done.

a Batman/Superman movie inspired somewhat by THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS is a great fucking idea to bring to the screen
but that story is set in the far future, so it won't exactly make sense as it is to be the basis for the Superman sequel
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

I hope that by suggesting the movie will be informed by Batman's fight with Superman from The Dark Knight Returns, it doesn't mean the two will be antagonistic pricks to each other throughout most of the movie, putting aside their differences at the very end so they can join forces against some space threat.

Though I'm almost positive that's what will happen.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

@Reggie

Youre more up on DC stuff than me, so am I right in thinking there are other (possibly better) Bats/Supes crossovers out there than Millar's stuff?

Reggie

Post by Reggie »

The Afronaut wrote:@Reggie

Youre more up on DC stuff than me, so am I right in thinking there are other (possibly better) Bats/Supes crossovers out there than Millar's stuff?
For sure. One of the easiest one-off titles would be World's Finest by Dave Gibbons and Steve Rude. That's a nice, encapsulated story that has Lex Luthor and the Joker, to boot. Don't know if it would make a great movie, but it's a great comic. There's also the Superman/Batman run by Jeph Loeb from ten or so years ago, including the story arc Public Enemies that was made into its own DCU cartoon. You could take any or all of those arcs and make a nice, entertaining movie without being a dismal, dark drag (I vote for the arc where Supergirl shows up, but that's me.)

I'm sure this movie will reflect the new Batman/Superman comic currently being put out by DC, drawn by Jae Lee. Two old cunts acting distrustfully cunty to each other. Basically Grumpy Old Men 3 but with superpowers and batarangs.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

:lol:

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

rumor is this dude Tyler Hoechlin is gonna do a screen test with Cavill for the role of Batman

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

Somehow I feel like DC (or Warner Bros, to be exact) are gonna fumble this and it's gonna be bad.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

The ILLatino wrote:Somehow I feel like DC (or Warner Bros, to be exact) are gonna fumble this and it's gonna be bad.
Considering how bad Marvel/Fox has been fucking up the current Marvel brand, DC can't be too much worse.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

The latest rumor is that Batman is going to be played by, you guessed it, Frank Stallone.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Reggie

Post by Reggie »

http://www.newsarama.com/18549-report-f ... movie.html
Report: FRANK MILLER Meeting with Zack Snyder to Talk SUPERMAN vs BATMAN Movie
Great. So the guy whose most recent dealings with Batman have netted us this:

will be consulting on the movie. This will be a dreary piece of shit.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Reggie wrote:http://www.newsarama.com/18549-report-f ... movie.html
Report: FRANK MILLER Meeting with Zack Snyder to Talk SUPERMAN vs BATMAN Movie
Great. So the guy whose most recent dealings with Batman have netted us this:

will be consulting on the movie. This will be a dreary piece of shit.
:naswtf:

Is that a joke?

that is easily and literally the single worst Batman comic panel I have ever seen in my entire Thomas Wayne overseer life.

:bunk:

ninjas better get they god damn Bat-brains right :copy:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reggie

Post by Reggie »

You have no idea. For shocks and giggles, go check out a copy of the trade collection for All-Star Batman and Robin at the library, which is from where the above panel derives. It's so poorly-written, you have to wonder if the script was subjected to any editorial scrutiny at all. And you know, it's not that Batman is cast as a smarmy dickhead or that Wonder Woman is a man-hating superbitch--I feel like the common critique of non-canonical superhero works: "Batman wouldn't do that!" is silly. But the writing in All-Star Batman and Robin is so fundamentally bad that I am positive Frank Miller wrote the entire thing stinking drunk. It's been reviewed and dissected all over the internet, so I won't go anymore into that.

But I would like to write about Frank Miller for a minute. Frank Miller was, until recently, one of the most revered writers in comics. His works in the 1980s: Ronin, Dark Knight Returns, Daredevil: Born Again, and Batman: Year One (and maybe a few I've forgotten) are truly seminal. The Batman books in particular redefined the character and spurred Tim Burton's Batman movie, arguably the most influential movie in the last thirty years. In the context of a comics revolution happening at the time, which would include Alan Moore's work on Swamp Thing and Watchmen and the rest of the "British Invasion," Chris Claremont's work on X-Men, as well as more experimental art and layouts within comics, Frank Miller's work fits right into that exciting landscape. But as we enter the 90s Frank Miller's work seems to become less and less...polished, more and more reactionary. I believe that The Dark Knight Strikes Back, Holy Terror, and particularly All-Star Batman and Robin are absolute abominations--not because they are gritty and unfun, but because they are poorly-written and executed. And when you go back and read Miller's seminal works of the 1980s, it becomes clear that Miller was never a very disciplined or articulate. It was a style that worked at a time when people were receptive to big changes in the way comics were made, and once that era ended what remained was the sinking realization that you'd lauded and supported a comics writer who probably would have failed a creative writing class in high school--never mind the fact that you probably wouldn't want to share an elevator conversation with him, either. But that's another story.

Which, when considering a Batman vs. Superman movie, should mean fuck all. But it doesn't, because what Nolan and Snyder have done, by using Frank Miller as a consultant, is tap a puerile, stunted man with an axe to grind against a legion of comic book and Batman geeks who feel precisely the way I expressed in the above paragraph. The problem isn't that Miller favors a mean or gruff Batman, but that in recent years it's become clear that he fucking hates Batman and gets off on rankling his detractors by making Batman say, "I'm the goddamned Batman." Of course, we're talking about a movie that is at least two years away, but this doesn't bode well at all.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

my vote is for Hamm

Rumor has it that the next big screen Batman won't be a twenty or thirty-something just starting out in his superhero career, but rather "a grizzled veteran who has been on the job, if you will, for several years."

Batman-on-Film claims that multiple sources have told them Warner Bros. is looking at actors in their 40s to play the Dark Knight Detective in Batman vs. Superman/Man of Steel 2 or whatever the team-up film ends up being titled.

BoF says "fans should start thinking about dudes who are a very good actors and are in their 40s, like… Josh Duhamel, Jude Law, Gerard Butler, Josh Brolin, Jon Hamm, Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck, Jim Caviezel, etc."

Affleck is Warner Bros.' golden boy, but is pretty committed to directing now and has already reportedly passed on directing the studio's JLA movie. Also, he's said more than once how burned he felt by his involvement with Daredevil.

Caviezel currently stars on Person of Interest, which just so happens to be produced by Christopher Nolan's brother Jonathan.

Brolin has also made a few films for Warners, including this year's Gangster Squad.

Gerard Butler starred in 300 for Warners and has been on a comeback thanks to this year's sleeper hit Olympus Has Fallen.

Jon Hamm starred in The Town for Affleck and Warners, and the Mad Men star has often been named a fan favorite for different superhero roles.

Duhamel starred in the first three Transformers films, while Brad Pitt is, well, Brad Pitt. 'Nuff said.

Jude Law is an interesting prospect because he already co-starred in Warners' Sherlock Holmes franchise, and he was a frontrunner to play Superman in the Batman vs. Superman film that Wolfgang Petersen almost directed a decade ago. Colin Farrell was the top choice to play Batman then. Law is also a big comic book fan who reportedly sports a tattoo of Rorschach from Watchmen.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

I don't really like any of them. Hamm is an interesting choice but I just don't see him as batman. Maybe because I've seen Hamm do hilarious shit and it's hard to picture anybody funny as Batman.

And yea I know, Keaton, but dude had an underrated talent for playing unhinged characters that went a long way in his portrayal. Hamm doesn't have that either.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

drizzle wrote:I don't really like any of them. Hamm is an interesting choice but I just don't see him as batman. Maybe because I've seen Hamm do hilarious shit and it's hard to picture anybody funny as Batman.
True...they should go with a relative unknown (Like they did for Supes) or else the disbelief won't get suspended.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

that's a murderer's row of terrible choices...wow.

ric

Post by ric »

so bale is categorically out at this point? fair enough and :bow:
that's a murderer's row of terrible choices...wow.
True...they should go with a relative unknown (Like they did for Supes) or else the disbelief won't get suspended.
edit: money says that superman v batman will be a side thing as a greater mystery unravels and the real villain is unveiled
Last edited by ric on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I could get behind Hamm as the batman. He has the chin for it.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Bryan Cranston is the danger. He is the one who knocks. And pretty soon, he might be knocking on Superman's door.

El Mayimbe at Latino-Review.com tweeted some very obvious clues that the "Breaking Bad" star is the man Zack Snyder and Warner Bros. want to play Lex Luthor in the upcoming "Man of Steel" sequel — the same film that puts Kal-El on the Caped Crusader's radar.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Good call on Cranston.

I thought Spacey was pretty great in the last go round.
Last edited by The Afronaut on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

been thinking about who they could get for aging batman

Henry Dean Morgan could be good for Wayne as an aging debauched playboy type

Josh Brolin, on second thought might be an underrated pic. Could be reaaaaaly good for Wayne as brooding and damaged shut in

Both have good physical presence too, as far as looking like somebody who could beat people up. Which is another thing that I don't really see in Hamm.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

Brolin is a good choice. Keaton would be fun but confusing for people.