Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - March 25, 2016

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Comedy Quaddafi

Re: "Superman & Batman" film to be released in 2015

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Speaking for myself there's no backlash. I always hated Affleck. Very consistently.

The Town is like a crappy emasculated American TV-drama (then again plenty of people like that) with a few "cool" scenes of bankrobbing + masks. Impossible to call if the acting is worse than the writing, but the constipated look on Affleck's face is basically faggotry so potent it can open 7 portals of hell with fiery dildos falling from the sky.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Wonder if it'll be a black and gray suit
This weekend, Warner Bros. held their Man of Steel onlinefan event to promote the upcoming Blu-ray release of the film, and while director Zack Snyder shared a few details on the highly-anticipated sequel, it was what came later that was truly exciting. On another episode of his Hollywood Babble-On podcast (via CBM), director Kevin Smith revealed that Zack Snyder showed him a picture of the Batman costume for the follow-up film, Batman vs. Superman.

"I saw the Batman costume. More than that I saw a picture of him (Affleck) in the costume. Now, I don't want to give anything away 'cause that is up to them and stuff, but I am going to say this, I instantly bear hugged him (Snyder). You have not seen this costume in a movie on film before, and for a comic book fan it was mind bending. I was like 'Get out of here, only you have enough power to pull this off.' Because everyone always like does this Matrix/X-Men black armor...It was fantastic. I'm already a flag waver for this movie, but the costume, it blew my mind. I think everyone is just gonna be like 'Holy ****!' It's its own thing, man. It's like we haven't been down this path at all. I was so elated....Even the hardest core “**** all this” person will be like 'alright, I'm ready.'"

Smith also mentioned the costume has a certain influence on its style, but redacted that portion of his praise. Will it be based on Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns? Something else? What do you think the costume will look like? Sound off below!

Batman vs. Superman will feature the return of Henry Cavill as Superman, facing off against Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Also starring Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne, the Zack Snyder directed Batman vs. Superman hits theaters on July 17, 2015.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Or gray and blue. God damn that could be sweet with a modern look.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

ya meant blue

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Rumor is it could be designed after Jim Lees Batman

This one

Or the redisign

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Truth. wrote:Rumor is it could be designed after Jim Lees Batman

This one

I will cry tears of :bow: if I see this on screen.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

PLAYBOY: When Warner Bros. named you Batman, the internet exploded with hostility. After climbing back from career adversity to win the best picture Oscar for Argo, was your initial reaction more “Not Again” or “Screw You”?

AFFLECK: It wasn’t either, really. I expected that reaction. Warner Bros. told me, “You should know what you’re getting into.” They showed me the reactions to other folks who had been cast in these roles. They said this is how it tends to play out initially.

PLAYBOY: What convinced you?

AFFLECK: When they asked if I would be Batman, I told them I don’t see myself in the role and I was going to have to beg off. They said I’d fit well into how they were going to approach the character and asked me to look at what the writer-director, Zack Snyder, was doing. The stuff was incredible.

PLAYBOY: Why?

AFFLECK: It was a unique take on Batman that was still consistent with the mythology. It made me excited. All of a sudden I had a reading of the character. When people see it, it will make more sense than it does now or even than it did to me initially.

And now Fleming asks Affleck the money question…

PLAYBOY: How will your Batman differ from the others, particularly the one played by Christian Bale?

AFFLECK: I don’t want to give away too much, but the idea for the new Batman is to redefine him in a way that doesn’t compete with the Bale and Chris Nolan Batman but still exists within the Batman canon. It will be an older and wiser version, particularly as he relates to Henry Cavill’s Superman character.

In terms of the backlash, Affleck had this to say…

PLAYBOY: How much did the hostile fan reaction bother you?

AFFLECK: I understand I’m at a disadvantage with the internet. If I thought the result would be another Daredevil, I’d be out there picketing myself. [laughs] Why would I make the movie if I didn’t think it was going to be good and that I can be good in it?

Speaking of Daredevil, Affleck had this to say about Community Board 4′s caped crusader…

PLAYBOY: George Clooney kept a photo of himself as Batman on his office wall as a reminder of what can happen when you take a role for money and fame. If you had such a photo in your office, which movie would you go with?

AFFLECK: I’d probably have two or three. [laughs] It’d be tough to choose. The only movie I actually regret is Daredevil. It just kills me. I love that story, that character, and the fact that it got fucked up the way it did stays with me. Maybe that’s part of the motivation to do Batman.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Gal Gadot will play Wonder Woman in the untitled “Batman vs. Superman” movie.

Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck are set to star with Zack Snyder directing.

“Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character,” Snyder said.

Variety first reported that Gadot, “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” thesp Elodie Yung and Olga Kurylenko had tested for the part that was believed to be Wonder Woman.

The Wonder Woman rumor has been kicking around for some time, and insiders believe the plan is to have not just Batman and Superman in the film but several members of the Justice League as well. It’s unclear which members, but Wonder Woman (Diana Prince) and the Flash are said to be locks to make an appearance in some fashion, whether that’s a significant role or a cameo.

https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/408311378953244672

Warners will also look to now cast the villain with “Zero Dark Thirty” and “300: Rise of the Empire” star Callan Mulvey someone Warner Bros. is eyeing to play the role.

Pic will bow July 17, 2015. Gadot was last seen in “The Fast and Furious 6″ and is repped by ICM Partners.

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

She's hot, no doubt, but doesn't fit the body type that I envision Wonder Woman has. We'll see, but I'm not really feeling the casting.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

gorgeous face but as amply demonstrated in ff5, total pancake ass and concentration camp levels of thigh gap

still would move mountains to lick butthole tho
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

BARRY LURKIN

Post by BARRY LURKIN »

A VILLAIN IF EVER THERE WAS.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Fan of Gadot but if they wanted to hire an Israeli actress as WW, Atias would have been a much better option.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

So from what I gather, none of these people will be in the movie as the heroes, so will like Diana and Barry just be visiting Metropolis or Gotham randomly or...?

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Joaquin Phoenix could very soon be headed to DC Comics' big screen universe. Variety reports that Warner Bros. is very keen on casting the Her star for Zack Snyder's upcoming Batman vs. Superman, likely in the role of the sequel's central villain, which is reportedly Lex Luthor.

Batman vs. Superman will feature the return of Henry Cavill as Superman, facing off against Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. In addition, the film will mark the big screen debut of Wonder Woman as played by Gal Gadot.

Production on the film will begin early next year at the Michigan Motion Picture Studios in Pontiac where it will occupy all seven sound stages on the lot in addition to several locations around the state. Also starring Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne, the Zack Snyder-directed Batman vs. Superman hits theaters on July 17, 2015.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

ARGO Writer Set To Rewrite Zack Snyder's BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN Before Filming Begins

Not everyone was thrilled to learn that Man of Steel writer David Goyer would be returning to pen Batman Vs. Superman, but as expected, Ben Affleck has drafted in someone he's previously worked with (Argo's Chris Terrio) to get the script in shape before shooting begins...

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Academy Award winner Chris Terrio has been brought on board to write another draft of Batman Vs. Superman for Warner Bros. The Argo scribe has a strong relationship with both the studio and Ben Affleck, the star and director of that movie and the man who will suit up as Batman. Director Zack Snyder's Man of Steel follow-up will be released on July 17th, 2015, with principal photography set to commence in early 2014 in Michigan. David Goyer wrote the screenplay, but the site adds that "sources say Terrio has been brought in to get the script in shape before filming begins." This is without a doubt for the best, especially as Goyer has always been at his strongest when working with more accomplished writers like Christopher Nolan.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

damn that's gotta be humiliating for Goyer

I've actually come around on the idea of Affleck as Batman. Or rather Affleck as Wayne, anybody could be Batman. I could see him pulling off Wayne as an older aloof type who's just kinda wearily resigned to the world being shit.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

I still want them to use Scott Adkins for the best fight scenes tho

AM I NOT ALLOWED TO DREAM
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

drizzle wrote:damn that's gotta be humiliating for Goyer

I've actually come around on the idea of Affleck as Batman. Or rather Affleck as Wayne, anybody could be Batman. I could see him pulling off Wayne as an older aloof type who's just kinda wearily resigned to the world being shit.

goyer's script rewrite and the affleck casting are the only positive feelings I've felt for this clusterfuck. Look at this very sexy image.

getting very pain & gain.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Mmm I live buzz cut Ben.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Mmm I love buzz cut Ben.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Both apply.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

:lol:

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

MAN OF STEEL Sequel Pushed Back to May 6, 2016; Warner Bros.’ Untitled Peter Pan Movie Now Opens July 17, 2015

Warner Bros. has just announced a new release date for its planned Man of Steel sequel. The as-of-yet untitled film, widely referred to as Batman vs. Superman, will now be opening May 6, 2016 instead of the planned July 17, 2015 release date. The official reason for the delay is listed as “allowing the filmmakers time to realize fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story.” There were some rumors floating around the internet today that Ben Affleck, who will be playing Bruce Wayne/Batman, had injured his leg, but the veracity of those reports is not mentioned here. It’s worth noting that production on the film has been pushed back to the second quarter of this year, however.

May 2016 is going to be quite the busy month for comic book adaptations, as Batman vs Superman, an untitled Marvel movie, and X-Men: Age of Apocalypse are all slated. The vacant release date on Warner Bros.’ calendar will now be filled by the untitled Peter Pan film directed by Joe Wright.

Here’s the official press release announcing the new date for the as-of-yet-untitled Batman vs Superman movie:
BURBANK, CA – January 17, 2014 – Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that the release of Zack Snyder’s untitled Superman/Batman film has been moved to May 6, 2016, allowing the filmmakers time to realize fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story. The decision was made following the shift of the start of production to second quarter of this year. The Studio has also set a July 17, 2015, worldwide release date for its as-yet-untitled all-new Peter Pan adventure. Joe Wright will direct the epic live-action film about the boy who would never grow up, created by J.M. Barrie. The dual date announcement was made by Dan Fellman, President, Domestic Distribution, and Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, President, International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

This is an interesting development.

So no Marvel vs DC box office battle in 2015. I wonder what this will mean for whichever Marvel movie will out around that time, cause I cant imagine itll be anything big enough to rival what seems to be fast becoming a Justice League movie.

:lol: @ Peter Pan being offered in SvB's place though.

ian e

Post by ian e »

:rofl: @ "accomplished writers like Christopher Nolan"

What a shitty shitty movie TDKR was.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Warner Bros. Pictures has cast Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons will play Alfred in the upcoming Superman/Batman film.

The castings come two weeks after Warner pushed production on the untitled “Superman-Batman” movie to the second quarter of this year and set a release date of May 6, 2016, departing from a July, 2015 slot.

The film is in pre-production with Henry Cavill as Superman and Ben Affleck as Batman and Zack Snyder directing.

‘Batman-Superman” will also reunite “Man of Steel” stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane, and also stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince.

The screenplay will be written by David S. Goyer, from a story co-created by Goyer and Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as exec producers.

ThaJim2

Re: "Superman & Batman" - May 6, 2016

Post by ThaJim2 »

You got to be fucking kidding me with Jesse Eisenberg as Lex.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

ThaJim2 wrote:You got to be fucking kidding me with Jesse Eisenberg as Lex.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

so what, is this better or WORSE than Ben Affleck playing Batman? :killacam:

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

worse

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

so Jesse Eisenberg is worse than Joaquin Phoenix, I'm assuming

I didn't see 'Her', but I'm still a little :naswtf: over Joaquin's beardo Rick Rubin hip hop phase he went through... but I know I'll take something from 'Her', it looks insightful and I know Spike Jonze will say something unique about modern relationships with that movie... plus Scar Jo's voice has to be fuckable so I gotta hear that robo-orgasmic business too

Jesse Eisenberg plays assholes well... but yeah.

I'd prefer them go back to Kevin Spacey over Jesse Eisenberg!

I just hope they don't fuck up Wonder Woman in the process of all this