The Avengers: Age Of Ultron (2015)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Re: The Avengers: Age Of Ultron (2015)

Post by drizzle »

wait holdup is that magneto?
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

alpha

Post by alpha »

I call bullshit

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Vision. Duh.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

oh good call, he shows up in the cast list

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

He's pretty cool. It'll be interesting to see how they use him.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

already looks fucking amazing.

but there's going to be TEN MONTHS of hype and anticipation for this now. ugh.

plus Whedon is going to have to make a Quicksilver scene that tops or at least equals the one in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'... which won't be impossible, but will take creativity

want to see how they give Hawkeye extra attention since he spent most of the last Avengers movie under Loki's control

oh, and Hiddleston! he's GOTTA make an appearance here... cause I don't think he'll be in Guardians of the Galaxy (nearly baseless rumor has it that
THE INCREDIBLE HULK
somehow makes an appearance in GotG, thus connecting it to the Avengers universe :ohsh: )

and Scarlet Witch? JEEZ. Finally we get another female superhero on the level of Phoenix/Jean Grae. Unleash the yowza

Hollywood finna aim for $250 million dollar opening weekend for Avengers: Age of Ultron... or maybe even $300 million

IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE IN THIS EARTH'S UNIVERSE :killacam:

:hooray: and :cas:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

That's a lot to digest. Good god.

Post by 907 »

Looks a LOT better than I expected.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

holy fuck this looks so good

SYM

Post by SYM »

http://mashable.com/2013/10/23/avengers ... -main-link" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Captain America walks into a bar. His uniform looks pretty 2014, but that couple he's standing next to is as '40s as they get — and so are those federal-looking troops. Is Cap having a flashback? Possible. Also possible: That the time-travel elements in the "Ultron" comics, which kick off a chain of events that are still reverberating in the comic-book universe, are being introduced in Ultron.
I'm intrigued by this detail. Also, the inclusion of Andy Serkis which was definitely a pleasant surprise.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Fuck all that. Weren't ya'll the same assholes who were tired of "the serious and sadness" of the Nolan universe? This is pretty much the dark knight rises trailer but with pinocchio instead of the national anthem.

Post by 907 »

Trademark wrote:Fuck all that. Weren't ya'll the same assholes who were tired of "the serious and sadness" of the Nolan universe? This is pretty much the dark knight rises trailer but with pinocchio instead of the national anthem.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I was hype as fuck when the Rises trailer came out.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

SYM

Post by SYM »

Agreed.
Trademark wrote:Fuck all that. Weren't ya'll the same assholes who were tired of "the serious and sadness" of the Nolan universe?
Who are you talking about?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Trademark wrote:Fuck all that. Weren't ya'll the same assholes who were tired of "the serious and sadness" of the Nolan universe? This is pretty much the dark knight rises trailer but with pinocchio instead of the national anthem.
Dawg you work in editing, you know they can take a 3 hour movie and cut a trailer that will make it look like anything from Sophie's Choice to Naked Gun. There was a 'dark & heroic' trailer for GOTG too

SYM

Post by SYM »

SYM wrote: Also, the inclusion of Andy Serkis which was definitely a pleasant surprise.
http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Black- ... 67860.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Curiosity piqued even more.

Panama

Post by Panama »

SYM wrote:
SYM wrote: Also, the inclusion of Andy Serkis which was definitely a pleasant surprise.
http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Black- ... 67860.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Curiosity piqued even more.

Very excited about Black Panther

Hopefully that turns out to be true

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

How do you guys continue to get hyped about this shit? It's just a never-ending stream of sameness. If you ever try to watch any of these movies with even a little bit of objectiveness... they're all so frivolous and non-sensical.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

The Ivy League Nigga wrote:How do you guys continue to get hyped about this shit? It's just a never-ending stream of sameness. If you ever try to watch any of these movies with even a little bit of objectiveness... they're all so frivolous and non-sensical.

Shocker.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

The Ivy League Nigga wrote:How do you guys continue to get hyped about this shit? It's just a never-ending stream of sameness. If you ever try to watch any of these movies with even a little bit of objectiveness... they're all so frivolous and non-sensical.
They're about super heroes, bro.
I could see if everyone was poasting like Bender, losing their shit every time some new details emerge.
But that's not what's happening.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Marvels movies keep getting better with every release

Winter Soldier is top 3

Mercuthio

Post by Mercuthio »

The Ivy League Nigga wrote:they're all so frivolous and non-sensical.
dude, it's a comic book movie. it's supposed to be frivolous and nonsensical.

have you tried reading the Age of Ultron storyline? there's some frivolous and nonsensical shit.

Ultron takes over the world, so Wolverine and Invisible Woman (Sue Richards of the Fantastic Four) goes back in time to talk Hank Pym (Ant-Man/Giant Man) out of creating Ultron in the first place; but Wolverine ends up cutting Pym open because... well, you know, Wolverine is a hot-head. Sue and Logan figure all's well that ends well, so they go forward to the present only to find out the present is now even more fucked-up than when Ultron controlled everything. Tony Stark is pretty much a cyborg, Cap has one eye (and a patch), and Morgana Le Fay is a real bitch. Wolverine then goes back to tell himself, who's about to kill Hank Pym, that killing Pym is a bad idea.

... and then what happens...? well, fuck, I can't remember; but it's written by Bendis and it's some real frivilous and nonsensical shit.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Have you seen Guardians of the Galaxy?

The Ivy League Nigga

No.

The last superhero movie I watched and semi-enjoyed was X-Men First Class. I tried to watch Avengers, but I turned it off halfway through because the shit made almost no sense. I tried to watch the latest Superman but I found it extremely boring.

The Ivy League Nigga

Mercuthio wrote:
The Ivy League Nigga wrote:they're all so frivolous and non-sensical.
dude, it's a comic book movie. it's supposed to be frivolous and nonsensical.

have you tried reading the Age of Ultron storyline? there's some frivolous and nonsensical shit.

Ultron takes over the world, so Wolverine and Invisible Woman (Sue Richards of the Fantastic Four) goes back in time to talk Hank Pym (Ant-Man/Giant Man) out of creating Ultron in the first place; but Wolverine ends up cutting Pym open because... well, you know, Wolverine is a hot-head. Sue and Logan figure all's well that ends well, so they go forward to the present only to find out the present is now even more fucked-up than when Ultron controlled everything. Tony Stark is pretty much a cyborg, Cap has one eye (and a patch), and Morgana Le Fay is a real bitch. Wolverine then goes back to tell himself, who's about to kill Hank Pym, that killing Pym is a bad idea.

... and then what happens...? well, fuck, I can't remember; but it's written by Bendis and it's some real frivilous and nonsensical shit.
No -- regardless of genre -- movies are never supposed to be "frivolous and nonsensical". They are supposed to make sense and evoke feeling.

I don't read comics, so I come into these superhero movies with almost no pre-existing knowledge. From that standpoint, these movies are bloated pieces of shit full of not-so-funny in-jokes, that barely make an attempt to justify whatever world-destroying action they portray.

I continue to be amazed that grown men get so excited to watch this stuff. I get why kids would like it, but I really can't understand why people in the their 20's, 30's and beyond get so fucking hyped about watching other grown men prance around in tights and replay the same reheated plots/concepts.

Like dudes were legit ticked-off that Ben Affleck was gonna play Batman. Like that casting choice is going to somehow ruin the sanctity of a story about an adult man who dresses up like a flying rodent and chases around a dude in clown makeup.

Baffling.

alpha

Post by alpha »

You just don't get it.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

If you semi-enjoyed First Class there's an excellent chance you'd at least 3/4-enjoy Guardians. It's the best Marvel movie to date and better than all the Spider-Men and X-Men. It was a virtually unknown property, so a deliberate effort was made to make it palatable to people who don't know anything about the source material. It's also the only Marvel movie that really succeeds in striking its own unique tone.

The Ivy League Nigga

Cool. I will check for it.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »