The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Tommy Bunz

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Post by Tommy Bunz »

New Trailer

First one was good, but pretty unnecessary. Looking forward to Jamie Foxx & Paul Giamatti as villians.

T Rav

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Post by T Rav »

That shifty emo kid from Chronicle is a good fit for this.
Buy my mixtape.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

3 villains huh? ...and one of them is Robo-Rhino?

I get that they were going for more of comic book-y tone with this though (as opposed to the "realism" in the MCU), so I guess I'll try to reserve judgement until I see it.

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

doc ock tentacles and vultures wings yo

VBakes

Post by VBakes »

Glad to see Palpatine back on his feet after that Death Star debacle.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

Not gonna lie, the Sinister Six suggestions in the trailer got me kinda hype.

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

there is also hints of morbius and venom and whole lotta shit, someone broke down the whole trailer

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

-
Last edited by The Rapping Coffin on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Interesting. Curious for spoiler-free complaints.

Why has Spiderman 2 thus far been the only winner of the lot? It's Alfred Molina being awesome as Doc Ock, right?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

couldn't stand the first casting and Social Network dude ain't much better.

The Rapping Coffin

-
Last edited by The Rapping Coffin on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

The Rapping Coffin wrote:weird mix of serious tone from the first movie and really campy/silly villains.
I felt like they were really wrestling with tone in the first one as well.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

IS THE RHINO REALLY A ROBOT?!?!

The Rapping Coffin

-----
Last edited by The Rapping Coffin on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Oh for fuck's sake...

http://www.slashfilm.com/sony-expands-s ... six-movies

(Having difficulty copy/pasting text from phone)

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

In all seriousness, what are they going to do if SM2 bombs?

I just have a hard time believing that other studios are built for this 'shared universe' shit.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

comic movies don't bomb anymore

it's a highly-detailed science now

they don't fail. they just blow up, or they SET SALES RECORDS

this looks way better than the first one, which i fucking nearly hated

looks like the only thing they kept from the first one was the stupid ass mega-awkward modern "romance" between Peter and Gwen :arrow:

they seem to have taken some of the tone, color and texture of Sam Raimi's Spidey Universe... AND I'M FUCKING GLAD THEY FINALLY DID :spidey: :rockout:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

worst special edition dvd packaging of all time?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

nah, they crammed too much money into marketing the FUCK outta this movie for it to fail now. gonna be like Iron Man 3: shit will make mad money even though it's kinda shitty.

Spiderman 2 is getting a bit savaged at Rotten Tomatoes but it's not that bad, and it's making hella hella money overseas, so it will have a few first huge weeks before Godzirra comes out
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

zombie

Post by zombie »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Image

worst special edition dvd packaging of all time?
Haha foxxx looks retarded

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

SYM wrote:Interesting. Curious for spoiler-free complaints.

Why has Spiderman 2 thus far been the only winner of the lot? It's Alfred Molina being awesome as Doc Ock, right?
I actually think the very first Spider-Man has aged better. The CGI in 2 looks pretty dated already, where as the more weighted models/stuntmen moves in the first don't stick out as much.

Both are cool, my only real complaint about the first one is Green Goblin looking like a Power Ranger and that weird rooftop dialogue scene.

I also think Spider-Man three could make for a pretty good 80 minute movie if it was just edited down to Spidey vs. Sandman.

I don't like how Andrew Garfield makes Peter Parker so unlikably awkward. The whole idea is that Spidey's a fun nerd, not some actual unsavory nerd. I also didn't like how every problem in the first Amazing Spider-Man movie is directly caused by Parker so, instead of being a hero, he's essentially spending the duration of the film cleaning up his own mess and doesn't really save the day all that much. I had the same problem with The Dark Knight Returns. Just let heroes be heroic.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:nah, they crammed too much money into marketing the FUCK outta this movie for it to fail now. gonna be like Iron Man 3: shit will make mad money even though it's kinda shitty.

Spiderman 2 is getting a bit savaged at Rotten Tomatoes but it's not that bad, and it's making hella hella money overseas, so it will have a few first huge weeks before Godzirra comes out

So far its doing less then the first one in most of the markets it has been released in. Its doing significantly less then Cap America. Its not tracking all that great in the US and has weak pre sales. Plus the dude that plays spiderman looks like a fucking douche and his friend even douceher.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

ThaJim2 wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:nah, they crammed too much money into marketing the FUCK outta this movie for it to fail now. gonna be like Iron Man 3: shit will make mad money even though it's kinda shitty.

So far its doing less then the first one in most of the markets it has been released in. Its doing significantly less then Cap America. Its not tracking all that great in the US and has weak pre sales. Plus the dude that plays spiderman looks like a fucking douche and his friend even douceher.
oh snap, i ain't know that :ohhh:

i heard it did $67 million overseas already... don't know if that's superb or not compared to Cap Murrica

i don't want it to fail and flop, cause even though I am not feeling Andrew Garfield as Petey Parker, I am hyped for the Sinister 6 movie they are planning to do next :spidey:

and I'm not mad at Jamie Foxx as Electro :leon:

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

^its opened in basically every major market overseas except China. It bombed badly in Japan. Its behind in the UK. It has a big splashy made hundred and something million but it cost them a hundred and something million to get that number. This cost them 250 to 300 to make and another 150 to market and distribute sure some of that cost is off set by toys and tshirts but it still going to need to make 800 something million to break even in its theatric run.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

i kinda feel like this movie is gonna be some real tasty eye candy with a real sour center :clay:

the origin story is already butchered enough as it is, now Peter's dad is a secret scientist for Oscorp :naswtf:

this is some fucked up malarkey but i love Spidey so of course i'm gonna see it... but jesus take the wheel from Hollywood :arrow:

i hope it's at least as good as the first Spiderman, cause we know it won't be as good as Raimi's Spiderman 2

all it looks like it really does, is perfect the 3-villain movie better than Spiderman 3 did... which isn't much of an accomplishment

but it DOES look cool how much Times Square gets obliterated by Electro, I will give them that much :spidey:

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

ive always said this, and im just spitballing, but wouldnt it be crazy if this whole duality of the spiderman movies ended up being a lead up to the clone saga?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

jonesing to see this today... probably gonna try and see it twice on opening weekend, and also try to see it on acid in 3-D while it's in the theaters, ha haaa

apparently the movie theme has hard dubstep music in some parts (ie. the Electro fight scene) that would normally have like classical orchestration

curious to see the result :killacam:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

I just saw it. It's pretty good, but a solid far distance from perfect. Some great moments, some serious :naswtf: / :bunk: moments...

It DOES pull off the 3-villian sequence much better than Raimi's Spiderman 3. But only by using some cheap tricks and empty logic. Will discuss when more people see it.

Andrew Garfield does a decent job of being Peter Parker. Better than last time. Supporting cast does well.

The cinematography is the best part of this movie, to me. Some very inventive visuals and editing sequences. And Jamie Foxx fucking kills it as Electro. Really good work, especially with a movie-by-committee corporate agenda ham-fisting his story into the typical sad-villain scenario cliche. It works, but they could have done more with Max's character... still, holy fuck does the electricity action look amazing :ohsh:

Paul Giamatti... ehhh. His introduction leaves something to be desired. His Rhino costume is really fucked up too. It's metallic overkill, and I don't know how I feel about it having a buncha rockets and guns. I guess so... but :blank:

The new Green Goblin looks better than the William Defoe one, that's all I'll say for now. To be continued...

The pacing of this movie needs help, though. some better editing could have carved out a good 20 minutes to make it better, but oh well. They obviously wanted to satisfy a whole bunch of audiences, and they might... for a few weeks.

"Spiderman 2" is not nearly as good as "Captain America 2", and "X-Men: Days of Future Past" HAS to be better than this.

(the X-Men trailer after Spiderman 2 is kinda shitty... but still, watch it, obviously)

:spidey:

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

So can I get some real reviews on why the movie sucks?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

#wlliamdefoe