The Dirt Dirt Award for Shittiest Curb Poster

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Who did Dirt dirt by giving it to Dirt?

Comedy Quaddafi
10%
The Rapping Coffin
2%
Roy Johnson
2%
Citizen
No votes
No votes
Willie B
No votes
Philaflava
No votes
Dan
No votes
Mindbender Futurama
50%
ThaJim2
8%
unbelievable dickhead
2%
Cash Rulz
3%
Tweak Da Leak
3%
Reggie
No votes
Employee
5%
Hudrich Bullsh!t
No votes
Random Sample
No votes
Larry2Times
No votes
stupidregister
2%
Ardamus
15%

Total votes: 62

Tommy Bunz

The Dirt Dirt Award for Shittiest Curb Poster

Post by Tommy Bunz »

As always, some of these people are great Curb posters and some are terrible, I'm just cherrypicking unpopular opinions.

The Offender: Comedy Quaddafi
The Offense: Forming an opinion on all American movies off a shitty Claire Danes movies, also hating Heathers.
Comedy Quaddafi wrote: Brokedown Palace (199) - Pathetic filmmaking which shows just how awful American movies have been since the 90's and onwards, especially if you compare this to the WIP-films of the 70's. There's no humor, no guts, no ambition. Just moronic mediocrity. Claire Danes and Kate Beckinsale are actors who are modestly famous and no doubt earn well. I can't believe I live in a world where such talentless little pricks can make money from acting. What's worst is the narration. As soon as you hear a narrator in a movie you are almost 100% guaranteed it will be terrible. Especially when it's stuff like this: "That's all freedom is... an illusion." Yeesh. Fuck this film.
Comedy Quaddafi wrote: Heathers (1989) - This movie definitely couldn't have been made today. Slater wants to kill fellow students and wants his girlfriend to go along with it. I honestly think this movie could have been great, but the overacting and awkward dialogue often kills it for me. Slater is supposed to be a charismatic psycho but his lines are all very corny and he delivers them in an annoying and very forced manner. Much of the film is very surreal, so maybe the artificial feeling of the movie was intended, I just couldn't go along with it.
The Offender: The Rapping Coffin
The Offense: Talking shit on The Wire.
The Rapping Coffin wrote:this show is aging like a fine bottle of milk
The Offender: Raphael De La Ghetto
The Offense: Forming an opinion on Cabin in the Woods without understanding the point of the movie or even finishing it.
Raphael De La Ghetto wrote:I watched part of this, not knowing anythig about it previously. I got to the part where the gas station guy calls the guys in the room ad doesn't know that he's on speaker phone. I had to shut it off. It reeked of a shitty Scary Movie sequel. I can't believe all the positive reviews I see of it, though.
The Offender: Roy Johnson
The Offense: Hilarious opinions on movies.
Roy Johnson wrote: I don't care for any of the actors in Starship Troopers aside from Michael Ironside, and the star is a flaming homo.
Fifth Element is like an ackbarian science fiction experience.
Grosse Point Blank has a dope soundtrack, so even though John Cusack sucks, at least he has good taste in music.
Cop Land has a cast that rivals Heat, and I'll watch it if I'm flipping through the channels, but afterwards, it always seems like a regrettable experience. It's kind of like eating at Taco Bell.
I've never seen Face Off. The late 90s might have been a good era for Nick Cage, but I'm hesitant to take that plunge. I generally have good instincts when it comes to stuff like this.
The Offender: Citizen
The Offense: Hates funs and explosions
drizzle wrote:
citizen wrote:
Kiran187 wrote:Faceoff for runner up
no, face off is not good, isn't that the general consensus?
i mean...its a bad movie
only if you hate fun and explosions
do you hate fun and explosions citizen?
The Offender: 360
The Offense: Speed Racer sucks, guys
360 wrote:It's because the movie sucks, guys. I'm sick of having this conversation every 3 months only to get stabbed with a pitchfork and hung from a lamp post. I have delicate sensibilities.
The Offender: Willie B
The Offense: Scarface is bad?
Willie B wrote:scarface is laughably bad
The Offender: Philaflava
The Offense: Doesn't like Spade, doesn't think Tommy Boy is a dead ass classic.
Philaflava wrote:Spade was always the luckiest of the 2nd tier for me. He always needed a lead to help and without Farley I'm pretty sure his career would have ended like Jay Mohr. Instead, he gets a few cult (non) classic movies, new hairplugs and suddenly he is a funny guy. He is one dimensional as fuck.
The Offender: Dan
The Offense: Doesn't like Anchorman
Dan wrote:Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004) - I know I’m in the minority, but I did not like this...at all. I wanted to like it, I really did. I would not have watched it if I didn’t. I realize every character is supposed to be over the top. I got that, it’s just that the jokes seemed forced/expected. I honestly only laughed once, and that was when Luke Wilson had his arm ripped off for the second time. Oh, I also liked when they showed an outtake from Smokey and the Bandit II in the closing credits for no reason, other than an homage.
While everyone will be looking forward to the return of Ron Burgundy, I can safely say that is one sequel I will not be seeing.
The Offender: Mindbender Futurama
The Offense: Spends an entire year on his high horse ruining the Django thread, then the movie comes out and he loves it and doesn't understand why that makes him an asshole.
Mindbender Futurama wrote: Sam Jackson playing the house negro Stephen aka Stepin Fetchit is the most brilliant bit of casting in decades, and perfectly complicates the whole Tinseltown's "Coolest Coon" sellout title he's taken the claim of since 'Jackie Brown'. And Jamie Foxx needed the work, since he and Will Smith can't be superstars at the same time in "Only One Negro Can Shine" confines of Hollywood. If Will Smith is poppin this year, then Jamie Foxx can't, and neither can Terence Howard or Denzel Washington or Don Cheadle or Chiwetel Ejiofor or any other Black male leading star.

nobody's jealous of Quentin's success. but the "Black infatuation" just reeks of patronization and exploitation and stereotypical idiocy. We don't all call each other "n!ggers" and play basketball and dice all day and "hate the white man" and eat fried chicken and watermelon and call our multiple baby mommas "b!tches" as well as our real momma, but the way Quentin lenses Black life in his movies, you'd think he believes that's not far from the truth about Black folks.

this fucker needs to be called out, like everyone does, from time to time.
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=330

The Offender: ThaJim2
The Offense: Has Lightning McQueen bedsheets.
ThaJim2 wrote: 18. Cars (2006) Only faggots hate this film. Best Pixar movie outside of Toy Story.
The Offender: unbelievable dickhead
The Offense: Hates Breaking Bad, does not understand the concept of character development.
unbelievable dickhead wrote:I root against Walt because he's a dexter level clown and one of the 2 or 3 worst written characters on this overrated show.
The Offender: Cash Rulz
The Offense: Takes shots at the original trilogy, prefers the one with Ewoks.
Cash Rulz wrote:In retrospect, they actually are pretty lame. The first is incredibly campy. The second is corny as hell. I only liked the Return.
The Offender: Tweak Da Leak
The Offense: Just terrible opinions all around, I couldn't pick one. Also obsessed with Tarantino.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:Sin City - Worst of all the neo-noir comic book adaptations
City of God - Meh
Grindhouse (Death Proof/Planet Terror) - Death Proof is one of QT's better films.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:Jackie Brown is the only classic movie QT has released, the rest range from good to decent to meh.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:Pulp Fiction - Overrated shitshow with discombobulated narration held together by Travolta's hair plugs.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:Cloud Atlas wasn't any good but better than that shitshow that was Life of Pi(And a Ru loved Brokeback mountain, nh) :killacam:
The Offender: Reggie
The Offense: Also hates QT
Reggie wrote:This seems like a good time to state that I can't stand any of Quentin Tarantino's movies.
The Offender: Employee
The Offense: Either has awful taste or excellent trolling skills. You decide.
Employee II wrote:Sin City - More terrible than when it was released. Terrible turns by Rourke, Owens, and too many others to recount. Garbage presentation.
City of God - Only watched once and was less than wowed. Has been on my Netflix queue since I started checking my nuts for health reasons.
Black Swan - The White Man's pantheon; an unintentionally sardonic chunk of schlock from the minds of one of today's most overrated working directors.
Employee wrote:(Thie is the End) is terrible.
This is not even funny...ever. James Franco is diluting his stock hanging around these losers. Robinson sucked on "The Office", Hot Tub Time Machine, and anything else I've seen him in.
Seth Rogen = :puke:
Worst movie I've seen this year.
The Offender: Hudrich Bullsh!t
The Offense: The Dark Knight sucks?
Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote: out of the new batman movies i have only seen the one with the joker. don't know what the name was. personally really thought it was an overrated piece of shit. when finally everything was solved that motherfucker turns into twoface the plot suddenly develops way too fast and the movie drags itself along for another boring hour or so.
The Offender: Random Sample
The Offense: Has irrational hate for PTA
Random Sample wrote:Boogie Nights - Fuck Paul Thomas Anderson. His movies are shit.
The Offender: Larry2Times
The Offense: Dirt Dirt Thread of the Year
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 9&t=133467

The Offender: stupidregister
The Offense: Hates Star Wars but has never seen Star Wars.
stupidregister wrote:I'd just like to say I've never seen Star Wars or any of the other 18,000 fucking sequel/prequel bullshit bullshit bullshit. And I never fucking will. Because fuck that stupid fucking movie. And despite that, I still know the stupid basic plot to it and recognize all the dumbass characters including that dumb trashcan and that stupid gold mannequin.
Seriously, fuck George Lucas's no-neck having ass and all that shit. Kids nowadays should not be familiar with that movie and yet they are because Episode 49 Volume 8 is coming out next summer.
Enough of that goddamn franchise already. If you jam something down enough throats for long enough, then anything can be popular.
The Offender: Ardamus
The Offense: Literally watches every single show on TV, starts tons of threads about shows nobody cares about
ardamus wrote:Anyone seen this yet? Was gonna check out the first episode tonight.
ardamus wrote:Saw it was a book by Stephen King in 2009. Wanted to know if anyone caught this. They just started with 2 episodes.
ardamus wrote:Whoever has seen seen it vote and post your comment about it. Just started watching the first episode of this show.
ardamus wrote:Just wanted to see if anyone had heard of this show if no one has posted about it yet.
ardamus wrote: Anyone seen this? I just got through the season premiere. Its all good except for some of the character development in it so far. it.
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 9&t=132318
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 9&t=132417
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 9&t=133406
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 9&t=133254
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 9&t=134601
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 9&t=133806

Roy Johnson

Re: The Dirt Dirt Award for Shittiest Curb Poster

Post by Roy Johnson »

I'm not gonna get a fair shot at winning this because Mindbender is involved.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

having a laugh over here at Larry2Times thread
am there w dan re: anchorman or any will ferrel movie, am there w willie b re whatever the topic at hand was, i do not recall but do recall that i agreed. throw the vote to hiffhoff
moved by duck muscles

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

I cant vote for myself when Mindbenders in the running

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

I'm with Roy on the 5th Element, and Billy B on Scarface.
CQ's uppityness is reminiscent of my boy Armondo White, but it's not enough to dethrone Mindbender Ebert.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Tweak's opinions are the fucking worst. Voted for him.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

:lol: So, Tommy, me bringing up new shows in a forum and having poll to ask folks about it means I have a shitty opinion? I'm not saying shit else other than asking you this. Not mad either considering I dont expect to have my posts taken too seriously in CYE.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

You know I had to troll you. I just found it funny, I don't think I realized before doing the legwork for this thread that you watch like every show in existence.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

You know what else is funny is that every year this poll is here, I dont think you ever thrown yourself in the mix like you dont have shitty opinions in CYE. But you know what since I know why you did this, Ill vote for myself. Just remember though, you should bringing new shit to the forum discuss tho more than me. :cheers: just sayin'.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I put myself in the first one and I would again if I could've found something I said that qualified.
Not like it matters, no one has a chance against Mindbender anyways.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Ok, fair enough.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Just rename the thread after mindbender. That wire comment is truly the worst

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

he's a shitbag best forgotten but for some reason i feel like tossing a mention hustlers way for prefacing a truly terrible hundred word post about why and how he knew walt wasn't dead from the shootout four episodes before the finale with 'you all can take a look at my cheat sheet if you really want to know' or something similarly horrendously stupid that never shook it's way out of my brain
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

oh fuck it, went and found it
Possible spoiler (i just pieced this together in my head the clue are there for anyone to figure out, but some might wana figure it out for themselves rather than cheat the answers off my papers so to speak):

Walt isn't going to die here. despite all the bullets hitting the car he's hiding in, there is a 0% that he gets hit with a stray bullet and dies. If you think back to the opening episode, where carol drops the oranges, we see walt with full head of hair, alive and well. and this is from the future, meaning there is no way he will die at this juncture.
moved by duck muscles

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

ThaJim2 is a pretty good troll in CYE

ric

Post by ric »

voted jim. dudes opinions are so strong and yet so exactly the opposite of how i feel that its just so funny. he says the funniest shit ie loving 3d movies and thinking are they are the greatest thing ever

as always cash is a good read and we agree a good bit about movie stuff

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

This thread is great every year. Good shit TB.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

The Afronaut wrote:This thread is great every year. Good shit TB.
:cheers:

Love seeing this poll every year. Getting nominated for the dirt dirt award is a real badge of prestige.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

I accidentally voted thajim2 for worst poster or something once and its haunted me.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

not gonna name names now, after the fact, but if we took a close look at the game of thrones thread the list could be 2x as long. the general inability to follow all the details of that show is as hilarious as it is totally understandable, considering the scope of it.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Names named: Drizz deserves a nod.

The man was a complete jerk to those of us not born and raised on the streets of Winterfell multiple times over in that thread.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

lol can't deny it at all, I have low patience for shit like that to the point of severe assholesness.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Funny you weren't put in this poll either. Ah well.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

probably because I'm always right and my taste is unimpeachable, even when I'm being a total dick

like right now

:cheers:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

:lol: you are fuckin' dick but at least you're actually funny about it

alpha

Post by alpha »

Can you stop being butt hurt dude???

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I actually was being light hearted about it all but I'm out. Have fun in the polls.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Voted for Mindbender because he ruins X-Men and Batman threads for me.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Surprised there weren't more nominations based on posters actually defending X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Dirt dirt is one of the best running jokes in :phila: history. :cheers:

Voted Mindbender.