Game of Thrones - Season 4

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

siLLy KiD

Re: Game of Thrones - Season 4

Post by siLLy KiD »

i think it makes the experience better. this is a show where you miss/forget a lot of shit, and the more you know - the more enjoyable it makes it.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

drizzle wrote:Well, pussy yea, but Sticky Finga is a complicated twisted dude, I think there's a trophy quality here for him that goes beyond simple desire to sex or marry her. This is the progeny of his love and the hated dude who stole her away, and now he got that dude killed and his love is gone and he's riding on top of the world while having this trophy completely in his control... The paternal/sexual/ownership aspects are all twisted together into a fucked up mix, and that combo is the real boner for him imo.
this is exactly how i see his character. but in practical terms like ramen's saying, her pussy holds a claim to the north. lil guy just wanna suck on the titties tho.

edit: ok i see ramen pointed this out. the way i see it no one holds the north right now. iron islanders are marauding, all bolton has is basically a thumbs up to go for it. two weird ass armies are coming from scotland, and when shit hits the fan the stark seed will be a valuable claim. lannisters aint shit up here.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

T Rav

Post by T Rav »

They missed a great opportunity to have the episode end with a freeze frame of John Snow and the direwolf reuniting, and letting upbeat music play.
Buy my mixtape.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

T Rav wrote:They missed a great opportunity to have the episode end with a freeze frame of John Snow and the direwolf reuniting, and letting upbeat music play.
this would have worked nicely

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

So who is Tyrion supposed to scrap in his trial by combat?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

All i know is a lannister finna die.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

man i love this show.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

tyrion shoulda let a hoe be a hoe

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

how many time a mufucka gon get out some shit with a trial by combat? lol. Jamie v. the mountain imo. Jamie wins.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

siLLy KiD wrote:how many time a mufucka gon get out some shit with a trial by combat? lol. Jamie v. the mountain imo. Jamie wins.
i'm glad you mentioned this- tyrion faced trial by combat back in the first or second season when he got Bronn to fight for him, right? Without anyone giving spoilers, what are the "official" rules of a trial by combat? You can have someone fight for you and then the winner lives to tell about it, but if your fighter dies, are you then killed too?

Another good episode btw. I swear I'd prefer 5 two hour long episodes as opposed to 10 hour long episodes at this point due to how quickly they go and how little plot development takes place in each episode. I don't think we've seen a quarter or half of the overall cast in the last two episodes based on the amount of time spent in King's Landing. The stuff in King's Landing seems to be the most interesting and pertinent to all the other storylines but the division of screentime seems massively imbalanced. Not sure if there's an ideal fix though.

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

siLLy KiD wrote:how many time a mufucka gon get out some shit with a trial by combat? lol. Jamie v. the mountain imo. Jamie wins.

na, i say prince oberyn vs mountain

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

not a book reader so i could be wrong, but i believe if the champion of the accused loses, then the latter is found guilty. Don't know if that automatically means death to the accused as well though.

Req

Post by Req »

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude wrote:

yeah didnt mountain assrape his little sister or something?
F.U. MOOLAH

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude wrote:

:cheers: exactly what iI'm thinking. I'm guessing that Jamie couldn't fight for his brother since he's kings guard and the king/his proxies are conducting the trial. It would also be a great way for Oberyn to give the Lannisters a big fuck you. Also, it seems like a Oberyn and Tyrion could bro out.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

hadn't even thought of the oberyn vs mountain idea. that's good. it would definitely tie up lots of things but where is the mountain at? i thought he was awol. i also would think it may go against the formal proceedings for one of the three judges to partake in the combat, but maybe i'm wrong.

sidenote- all the talk of how if tywin dies, the lannisters will crumble, during the iron bank scene, makes me think his days are definitely numbered.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

If I ever get around to owning this series, I'm going to make a custom version sans any scenes related to Theon's character.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Dinklage murdered that shit.

Post by 360 »

Next week's episode is going to be incredible.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

samdoom wrote:i also would think it may go against the formal proceedings for one of the three judges to partake in the combat, but maybe i'm wrong.
Just to clear up some things about Trial by combat the way I understand it, by requesting trial by combat Tyrion is removing the judges from the equation, the idea being that the Gods will be the judge and favor whoever is in the right.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

SuperFeen wrote:
samdoom wrote:i also would think it may go against the formal proceedings for one of the three judges to partake in the combat, but maybe i'm wrong.
Just to clear up some things about Trial by combat the way I understand it, by requesting trial by combat Tyrion is removing the judges from the equation, the idea being that the Gods will be the judge and favor whoever is in the right.

Thank you for clearing that up. Its not like Tyrion explicitly said exactly that in the episode or anything.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

oooh i like the mountain vs the red viper theory... :ohhh:

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

Tommy Bunz wrote:
SuperFeen wrote:

Thank you for clearing that up. Its not like Tyrion explicitly said exactly that in the episode or anything.
:copy:

Thanks I must have been distracted by the huge boner his performance gave me

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Could a book reader explain why the iron bank of bravos funds the king of westeros?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Also all this claim shit is kind of bullshit no?

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Again, If you want clarification from a book reader, ask them privately.
The books don't exist in this thread. We will find out why the Iron Bank does what it does when the show decides to show us.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Ramen wrote:Could a book reader explain why the iron bank of bravos funds the king of westeros?
Not a book reader but I would assume to make money. I would think they are based on the Medicis, Gossler, Fuggers and/or Rothschilds and the like. These banks have historically loaned money to the crown. Besides making money it gives them power and respect no Lox.
Last edited by ThaJim2 on Mon May 12, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

hehe

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

my bad bruhs. lets discuss how these claims to the thrones are bullshit.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

wow thajim edited his post to sound less like a dick,making my hehe almost make no sense

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

tehgiftofgab wrote:wow thajim edited his post to sound less like a dick,making my hehe almost make no sense
Sorry about that. I really wanted to be a dick but its an interesting history of the relationship between banks and the crown.