The Official Star Wars Episode VII Thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: The Official Star Wars Episode VII Thread

Post by Philaflava »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Only problem being the Kylo we were first introduced to would have trounced any Vader we've ever seen, nobody has had that type of force control to stop a laser blaster mid flight. Also Finn could barely beat a StormTrooper 1v1 in his previous fight(with the lightsaber mind you and this wasn't a Captain Phasma special trooper), you really think even an injured Kylo would have trouble with a goddamn Storm Trooper?

Finn's first encounter with the light saber is like a 13 year old boy with a condom. He was completely overwhelmed, because he is a pussy who doesn't want to fight anyone, let alone use some new weapon. His second was pure adrenaline and you're severely underestimating the damage Chewie's cross-bow did to Kylo's stomach. Plus Finn lasted as long as Peter McNeeley so it's not like he went 12 rounds with Kylo using this the 2nd time. He got a few swings off like anyone would in a batting cage.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Philaflava wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:Only problem being the Kylo we were first introduced to would have trounced any Vader we've ever seen, nobody has had that type of force control to stop a laser blaster mid flight. Also Finn could barely beat a StormTrooper 1v1 in his previous fight(with the lightsaber mind you and this wasn't a Captain Phasma special trooper), you really think even an injured Kylo would have trouble with a goddamn Storm Trooper?

Finn's first encounter with the light saber is like a 13 year old boy with a condom. He was completely overwhelmed, because he is a pussy who doesn't want to fight anyone, let alone use some new weapon. His second was pure adrenaline and you're severely underestimating the damage Chewie's cross-bow did to Kylo's stomach. Plus Finn lasted as long as Peter McNeeley so it's not like he went 12 rounds with Kylo using this the 2nd time. He got a few swings off like anyone would in a batting cage.
Got a few swings and inflicted damaged on Kylo's shoulder with one of those 'pure adrenaline' swings, a couple more inches and he would've pierced his chest. Watched the movie again last night at a drive in, the scene where they're breaking down the new Deathstar with the hologram is cringeworthy. 6.5/10 like I said before right around the same rating as Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi.
UBM CD COMING SOON

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

kylo is just not that tough. he's an emo bitch, yeah he got beat by a janitor, yeah he got beat by a girl. he's gonna go write a poem about it.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

This fills out some gaps in backstories based on cut scenes and other 'official' media

http://io9.gizmodo.com/all-the-backstor ... 1751196966" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Peeped that, cool info

Here jj defends using the epIV plot. He says he introduced fresh characters so hop off the tip.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/j-j-abrams-expl ... urn false;
1. Nas
2. Drake

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Cool to finally confirm Finn being Landos son?

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainme ... ars_return" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

He's not. That would be idiotic.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Would it? I think everyone overlooks the fact Star Wars itself is rather simplistic with the plots and has always focused on the intertwining of family.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Yes it would. Nobody ever mistook Star Wars for anything complex, but even with that in mind...

Rey is clearly the one being set up for a big family connection reveal, her whole character is built around it. Finn is the opposite, purposefully set up to have no roots, taken at infancy and raised as a drone until he meets Rey and Po/joins the resistance who become his defacto family and give him purpose. That's a simple and straightforward character arc. Adding Lando as his father adds nothing to it, instead it just makes things more convoluted because the only connection between them that makes any simple sense is skin color... So essentially, having the only black character in this movie be related to the only black character from the first trilogy just because they're both black wouldn't be just insultingly retarded, it would also be needlessly overwrought.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

you're right, he's probably mace windu's kid.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

http://screenrant.com/star-wwars-force- ... alrissian/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

that's thinner than icicles arms but hey if you're right you're right. I still say it's an idiotic and maybe borderline racist bit of fan service that adds nothing good to the story. especially since there are millions of other ways to use Lando.

ric

Post by ric »

drizzle wrote:that's thinner than icicles arms but hey if you're right you're right. I still say it's an idiotic and maybe borderline racist bit of fan service that adds nothing good to the story. especially since there are millions of other ways to use Lando.
welcome to the star wars franchise post the original trilogy

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

:cheap: :cheap:

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

See i'm light skinded and that baby there's dark/
So it's mama's baby, papa's maybe
1. Nas
2. Drake

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

drizzle wrote:that's thinner than icicles arms but hey if you're right you're right. I still say it's an idiotic and maybe borderline racist bit of fan service that adds nothing good to the story. especially since there are millions of other ways to use Lando.
You can't take it personal. Borderline racist is Jar Jar Binks. I just think the writers always likes to tie things together and throw bones to the fans. Finn was taken away from his family, that in itself is the story. The fact his pops is one of the most (and really the only) prominent black man in the franchise, just means its an easy and fun connection. Which, seems to be right in their comfort zone.

Kace

Post by Kace »

That you can call not racist! Always one black man in Star Wars universe there is. No more, no less.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^lol

imagine twitter when this is revealed tho. fwiw i agree with drizzle that one secret paternity reveal is enough.

ps. leia also being darth vader's seed was stupid in ROTJ & ham fisted imitation of the ESB reveal
1. Nas
2. Drake

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Short list of actors to play a young Han Solo in the spin off movie scheduled for 2018.

Coming off the elephantine success of ‘The Force Awakens,’ Disney gives fans fodder for the feast. Up until now, only slim reports and internet conjecture have surrounded the Solo prequel project. In a recent Variety exclusive, it is revealed that actors such as Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Dave Franco, Jack Reynor, Scott Eastwood, Logan Lerman, Emory Cohen, and Blake Jenner are being considered to play the brash and smooth talking young smuggler.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Chris Pine, go.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Pine is too old.

Despite being a dead-ringer, Anthony Ingruber must have been fucking garbage in the auditions.

Last edited by Spartan on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I like Franco but he is so pint size it would be tough to pull off. It would be like Kevin Hart playing the role of Lando.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

From that short list Ansel Elgort would get my vote. Not too keen on any of them to play the gawd, though.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

I really like the Pine idea, would be a great casting if they did a movie about Solo right before he meets Luke and Obiwan. I'm surprised they're not doing that tbh, seems like a tie-in wet dream that would write itself. You instantly got Jabba and Chewy in there, a great way to use Fett without further ruining his mistique, a plot that's already half set, etc...

From that list I don't mind Franco at all, he fits the same way Affleck fits for Batman imo. As far as size, they've been making Cruise look like a viable action hero for decades and he's like 4ft tall, i'm sure they can edit around it.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Rumour going around that the new Solo will make an appearance in Rogue One in December.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news ... one-cameo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Pine doesn't make any sense. Didn't he just commit to Star Trek again? Nerds would lose their shit if Kirk played Han
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Philaflava wrote:
Spartan wrote:I'm cool with an iconic character being killed off in the franchise, but the way it was handled was really poor.
Boba Fett.
I watched Star Wars, just to see Boba.

ric

Post by ric »

drizzle wrote:I really like the Pine idea, would be a great casting if they did a movie about Solo right before he meets Luke and Obiwan. I'm surprised they're not doing that tbh, seems like a tie-in wet dream that would write itself. You instantly got Jabba and Chewy in there, a great way to use Fett without further ruining his mistique, a plot that's already half set, etc...
shit like this is a pretty good move and really.... it's too good for these fucks

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/26/new-sta ... play-larg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
New Star Wars: Rogue One Details Rumored, Darth Vader To Play Larger Role

It's been over a month now since Star Wars: The Force Awakens landed in theaters and our appetite for Star Wars is growing stronger and stronger each day.

The next meal we'll get comes in the form of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. However, aside from some rumors here and there, we don't know much about the film aside from its cast and director. Slowly, that is changing. Be warned, there may be mild spoilers for the film ahead as far as character inclusions are concerned.

First of all, Darth Vader has long been rumored to appear in the film which will be set prior to the events of Episode IV. Now, the word is not only will cinema's most iconic villain have a role in the film but one which is larger than anyone originally thought. Specifics are still out of reach.

Additionally, a new Tie Fighter design will be shown off and AT-ATs will be featured in Rogue One. There is also said to be a "scene stealer" droid that works with the rebels, specifically Felicity Jones' group. The droid was originally an Empire droid which was repurposed to serve the rebel alliance. He is two-legged and a dark grey or black color with long arms and legs, looking very different from C-3PO.

Finally, one of the key characters will be named Cashen, but that's all that's known about him or her.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story hits theaters December 16, 2016.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:cheers: