The Official Star Wars Episode VII Thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: The Official Star Wars Episode VII Thread

Post by Philaflava »

Rey is 100% the daughter of Luke and the cousin of Kylo. My son's Disney Infinity game confirmed this.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Feeling like Lobot in this thread. I'm done here.
Last edited by Spartan on Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Philaflava wrote:Rey is 100% the daughter of Luke and the cousin of Kylo. My son's Disney Infinity game confirmed this.
I guess anything Disney is canon? Some mystery would have been nice. What a sh***y way of spoiling the story.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kace

Post by Kace »

ChaMerZ wrote:
Kace wrote:
ChaMerZ wrote: Who is Finn?

:shittylikesometp: :shittylikesometp: :shittylikesometp: :shittylikesometp: :shittylikesometp: :shittylikesometp: :shittylikesometp: :shittylikesometp: :shittylikesometp: :shittylikesometp: :shittylikesometp: :shittylikesometp:

He works in "sanitation". A stormtrooper garbageman? C'mon son.
So stormtroopers can't be garbage men now? You sound just like Randal in Clerks:

Maybe the Boba Fett ejaculates but not a descendant of the great Lando Calrissian.
The First Order are straight :omgracist: If Finn lived in 1930s Germany I doubt he would be given anything other than a belittling menial job.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Philaflava wrote:Rey is 100% the daughter of Luke and the cousin of Kylo. My son's Disney Infinity game confirmed this.

He says "curses" not "cousin", dawg.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Rey is pretty much like Kendall Jenner minus the ho tendencies. I'm fallin' hard.

Post by 360 »

I just read an incredible theory about jar jar binks and now I really want to watch the prequel trilogy again. Can someone direct me to a good streaming site? I tried afdah but it's not working for me

binary

Post by binary »

Movie was a snoozefest, fuck. I feel like I've seen this movie many times before. I guess it's cool if you are a kid.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

I liked the movie a lot when it was focused on Finn and Rey and there was a real story to follow with his escape and her getting involved in the story through the droid.

Then Han Solo and Chewie came through and the movie turned to shit more or less. From that point nothing really happened and time just stood still while they were busy setting up the rest of the trilogy. The Kylo Ren character kept things interesting but he couldn't save this mess by himself - eventhough he did the franchise a favor by offing old ass goofy Han Solo.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Then Han Solo and Chewie came through and the movie turned to shit more or less.
Yes, I have nothing against a cameo but they should have just shown Han and Chewie and kept it pushing. Also the circumstances under which Rey and Finn met Han and Chewie were rather suspicious - in a galaxy that big there's almost zero chance that Han and Chewie would just randomly happen on a ship that they lost 30 years ago, which *by chance* holds a droid that has a map to Luke.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ric

Post by ric »

they obv made some poor choices but overall it was actually ok

ric

Post by ric »

Guun wrote:I forgot that the whole reason the Stars are War-ing is cause of taxation on trade routes.. that shit is hilarious to me.
so fucking awful. no other franchise in movie history has been propped up by bullshit marketing and nostalgia more than this one

binary

Post by binary »

ChaMerZ wrote:
Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Then Han Solo and Chewie came through and the movie turned to shit more or less.
Yes, I have nothing against a cameo but they should have just shown Han and Chewie and kept it pushing. Also the circumstances under which Rey and Finn met Han and Chewie were rather suspicious - in a galaxy that big there's almost zero chance that Han and Chewie would just randomly happen on a ship that they lost 30 years ago, which *by chance* holds a droid that has a map to Luke.

yup. shit was lame.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

360 wrote:I just read an incredible theory about jar jar binks and now I really want to watch the prequel trilogy again. Can someone direct me to a good streaming site? I tried afdah but it's not working for me
i think youtube has it. the theory was mentioned earlier in this thread it's dope cause it's right on the border of ridiculous/g.lucas plausible
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Philaflava wrote:Rey is pretty much like Kendall Jenner minus the ho tendencies. I'm fallin' hard.
i sense another.................................. siiister..............

*their face when they see my dick
1. Nas
2. Drake

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

tempted to delete this entire page

alpha

Post by alpha »

Do it.

ric

Post by ric »

@bunz
you may as well delete the entire thread as this movie is an afront to what star wars is supposed to be according to the legend and popularity etc I mean look at how hard people are trying to make that jar jar guy into a legit character and how people are willing to just give over to that (Google reddit jar jar binx sith master) what's funny is that it's all a product of how retardedly almost every single aspect of the franchise has been handled

Kace

Post by Kace »

Jar Jar Binks = Snoke = Darth Plagueis The Wise.

As someone on youtube also said: Vader means father in Dutch, while Snoke is Dutch for the fish known as pike.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

c'mon now, you play it more than him. be honest...

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Over a billion earned worldwide in 12 days minus China. Insane.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

jredd109 wrote:
c'mon now, you play it more than him. be honest...
Kylo doesn’t say, “Face me, cousin!”; he shouts “Face me! Curses!” The second line, which he repeats later, is in response to being struck by a generator … or a giant barrel. Whatever those objects are.
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2 ... parentage/
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Kace wrote:Jar Jar Binks = Snoke = Darth Plagueis The Wise.

As someone on youtube also said: Vader means father in Dutch, while Snoke is Dutch for the fish known as pike.
snoek
1. Nas
2. Drake

Post by 360 »

That jar jar theory is incredible and it makes sense. Lucas would totally have intended that. Lucas said jar jar was the key to everything. He clearly botched out when facing the incredible backlash surrounding the character. Take the fact that duku was clearly written in as a result.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

LOL Jar Jar Binks will never be mentioned again now that Lucas has nothing to do with these movies.

Versive

Post by Versive »

I was entertained by this movie, but the plot was definitely too redundant. Would've preferred a continuation of the story rather than a reiteration of it. That said, the Jar Jar theory is even more entertaining, and with Snoke looking so much like him, I really hope it does turn out to be true. I enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd prequels, and they might even be able to redeem part 1 if they worked this angle right, insane as that sounds.

As it stands this movie ranks lower than all other Star Wars films except Episode 1, for me.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Star Wars has never been that deep. You guys are really overthinking every little detail. I am fairly certain that everyone involved in this film and at Disney want to completely forget about the prequels. In fact, as far as I'm concerned there is only 4 Star War movies period.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Versive wrote: That said, the Jar Jar theory is even more entertaining, and with Snoke looking so much like him, I really hope it does turn out to be true.
As it stands this movie ranks lower than all other Star Wars films except Episode 1, for me.
how do Snoke and Jar Jar look alike?

Holding this below the prequels is insane to me. You can maybe argue that 2 & 3 were better plotted, but considering they're telling the origin of one of the greatest villains of our pop culture its a surprisingly boring story bogged down in needless political details. Nobody even remembers wtf all that shit with trade routes was about. And Star Wars has never been about plot anyway, it was always about characters, which is exactly where TFA shines and the prequels lack.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^yeah the stories are more interesting. in terms of characters i really like obi wan, old man obi wan seems really corny to me after seeing ewan mcgregor.

the lightsabre fights in the prequels are really dope too. darth maul 2v1 might be the best fight ever. ewan mcgregor fighting jango fett>>>>

but the force awakens looks really cool. the cg is poorly done in the prequels, from a pure visual perspective they're way behind. like some of the special effects in obi wan vs anakin are SMH.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

ewan is cool and all but there is only one obi and thats alec guinness. stop the madness.