Mad Max remake

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: Mad Max remake

Post by Philaflava »

movie deserves a real theater experience but for those who have already seen and want more

Mad Max Fury Road 2015 1080p WEB-DL DD5 1 H264-RARBG
http://kat.cr/mad-max-fury-road-2015-10 ... 31280.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ric

Post by ric »

@seagrams
what you are saying amounts to this: bad guys who everyone fears (tremendously) don't ever have to show anything worth fearing and they still make amazing bad guys and it's still just as if not more satisfying when they die and it's just as if not more heroic to kill them

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

quit being daft.
he represented an old guard patriarch. a man who used brute force to gain his power and was surrounded by younger warriors inspired by him. if you need it all spelled out for you go back to your marvel movies where they tell the same story 12 times in a row with different costumes.

ric

Post by ric »

@unbelievable
i am not being daft or obtuse
his achievements are irrelevant
name me an actually worthy villain that basically does nothing for the whole movie and I'll show you a better villain than immortan Joe.

you're telling me that this villain death (and construction) is satisfying and I'm tellling you you don't know what satisfaction is

don't be a presumptuous hater. my tastes vary. im simply holding this movie to the standard other movies are judged by in a piece meal fashion as befits the internet

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Went and saw this again last night with a lady friend.
Liked it even more the second time. Its better in the standard format than in 3d which I think distracts you from picking up on everything that's going on.
I legitimately think its in the Die Hard/Hard Boiled conversation for best action movie ever made.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

thanks for the link Gloss
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I think there was a similar problem with MaMa in Dredd.
UBM CD COMING SOON

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

finally watched and can finally yepyep, fuckin nutso
moved by duck muscles

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Ma‑Ma Madrigal was strictly small fry in the Dredd universe, so as not to divert with what Judge Dredd, Justice Dept, and Mega-City One were all about. She's they type of villain Dredd deals on a daily basis in the comics, whereas the likes of the Dark Judges or Orlok are the once-in-a-blue-moon big dawgs.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Spartan wrote:Ma‑Ma Madrigal was strictly small fry in the Dredd universe, so as not to divert with what Judge Dredd, Justice Dept, and Mega-City One were all about. She's they type of villain Dredd deals on a daily basis in the comics, whereas the likes of the Dark Judges or Orlok are the once-in-a-blue-moon big dawgs.
Which is the reason I didn't have too much of a problem with her in the film, that Dredd was simply introducing us to the characters and world of the Dredd universe.
UBM CD COMING SOON

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

ric wrote:@unbelievable
i am not being daft or obtuse
his achievements are irrelevant
name me an actually worthy villain that basically does nothing for the whole movie and I'll show you a better villain than immortan Joe.

you're telling me that this villain death (and construction) is satisfying and I'm tellling you you don't know what satisfaction is

don't be a presumptuous hater. my tastes vary. im simply holding this movie to the standard other movies are judged by in a piece meal fashion as befits the internet
sorry i got a little surly.
i can appreciate your confusion when the whole world likes something you don't think is that great, i felt the same struggle with breaking bad. its best to just tune it out and let people have their fun. :mrcee:

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

unbelievable dickhead wrote:quit being daft.
he represented an old guard patriarch. a man who used brute force to gain his power and was surrounded by younger warriors inspired by him. if you need it all spelled out for you go back to your marvel movies where they tell the same story 12 times in a row with different costumes.
during the whole movie i felt like this guy HAS to die so his regime of terror and oppression will end. what he does to the peasants, the girls, the unhealthy drugged up state of his warriors, the human milking machines, the forced blood donation... horrific.

interesting to bring up ma ma. that's a villain who really didn't resonate with me. neither of them had a ton of screen time, so I'm thinking about what made me care so much about defeating joe but not give a shit about ma ma..
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

ric

Post by ric »

re "immortan" joe
here is another problem though; going by what actually happens in the movie the "awful terrible" stuff he is supposedly taking all this responsibility for setting up really is just as much if not more beholden to the fact of the apocalypse. i mean sure theres supposedly cruel people out there but joe really doesnt seem to be one of them and neither do his homies. they are drawn too cartoonishly. compare the severity of furiosa and max with the severity of joe. i mean this dude is a fucking nobody and therefore ought not garner such exaggerated feelings from the characters (and the audience which would confuse me if the audience really hated joe i mean we dont really grow to hate him do we? not really during the movie if you felt hatred it was much more an approximation of all the little hints suggestions and allusions that hes a bad guy) and in the end nothing he does is REALLY that bad hes just a prick who can lord over a bunch of mental and physical weaklings. basically the bitches dont like him and neither does furiosa or the citadel crowd and audience members pick up on that but thats not our own hatred and spite thats just some 'im cool with these guys and we all hate you' type shit. thats like a 6th grade impulse. greatest movie for middle schoolers of all time.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

tbh i have trouble following your sentences so my response might be a bit of a non sequitur but here goes

life is about survival+passing on your genes. the type of toxic masculinity joe represents pushes violence and sexual monopoly to achieve this end, to everybody else's detriment. the citadel is utterly horrific in every way, so let's not argue over that.

furiosa's green place respresents a vision of a positive society: one that respects humanity. for most of the movie we see the most positive, beautiful element of humanity desperately escaping from the toxic, negative society of the citadel. this is a very primal contrast, which is why it resonates.

so it's a cool point you brought up that we don't know much about joe himself. but we see the worst elements of our own (and historical) societies manifested in the citadel, and we desperately want the hottest biches in the universe to escape.
1. Nas
2. Drake

ric

Post by ric »

@malek
hahahahahaha
so true
I'm just saying Joe is being overrated as villain

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

Philaflava wrote:movie deserves a real theater experience but for those who have already seen and want more

http://kat.cr/mad-max-fury-road-2015-10 ... 31280.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks boss!

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Philaflava wrote:movie deserves a real theater experience but for those who have already seen and want more

just watched this copy but now i really wish i got the real theatre experience. thread is 7 pages deep and i haven't read any of it, so i won't even bother saying anything that's probably already been mentioned 10 times.

but i will leave this ... HOLY SHIT. best movie i've watched this year and probably in a long time. woooow
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

it's still playing in cinemas in toronto
1. Nas
2. Drake

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

finally saw it on tuesday. absolute bomb of a movie. as good as hyped/advertised.

for those who didn't like it, at least you can now legally marry your 'life-partners' in several states. congrats!

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:it's still playing in cinemas in toronto
didn't know that. if it's still on i might watch it this weekend.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

i watched twice in 3D. first time i sat in the second row and it was an intense experience. slightly disorienting with the 3D but you don't have to look around too much so I'd recommend it.

@ric on my second watching I came to have more respect for immortan joe's gangster. he's smart and decisive. eg as soon as furiosa goes off course he connects the dots & hits the vault. he has no fear leading the chase, even going ahead through the canyon solo. then when they flip the plan on him he immediately realizes their plan is to hit the citadel while it's undefended.

dude needed a legit heir. rictus wouldn't have figured out any of that. dude would probly still be chillin wondering when furiosa gets back from gas town.
1. Nas
2. Drake

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

jredd109 wrote:finally saw it on tuesday. absolute bomb of a movie. as good as hyped/advertised.

for those who didn't like it, at least you can now legally marry your 'life-partners' in several states. congrats!
late to movies...late to supreme court rulings.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^i must have blanked out that piece of blatant homophobia...... @jredd that type of toxic masculinity is exactly what furiosa rose up against.... have you learned nothing..... honour her legacy by treating gays with respect..
1. Nas
2. Drake

ric

Post by ric »

@malek
what I'm saying is that none of that counts for any sort of legit terrorism

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

the only legit terrorism either of you are aquainted with is the Dirt Dirt you have been subjecting this thread to for the last 3 pages

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

@ric

it is by my hand that you rise from the ashes
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Tommy Bunz wrote:the only legit terrorism either of you are aquainted with is the Dirt Dirt you have been subjecting this thread to for the last 3 pages
been holding myself back from making this post for a while now. enough of this shit. either accept the premise of the movie or don't. the validity and relevance of a 'i don't like a thing' argument has been long exhausted here.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

at first i thought nux's changing sides was too quick, but sorta gave a pass based on how much time do we want to dedicate to this. watching again i realize that he figures he just fucked up his chance to ever get into valhalla. he has nothing left, and the redhead charms him into throwing his fanaticism behind her cause.

1. Nas
2. Drake

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

he does outright say that yeah
moved by duck muscles

ric

Post by ric »

@malek
it doesn't feel real or relatable at all at all.

@bunz/drizzle
a) my shit is usually in spoilers or tiny now
b) thinking this movie is some holy of holies requires us to be willfully myopic or emotionally/mentally non-present. this movie is in some ways (most all the emotionally/critically substantial ways) a live action cartoon made by genre fanatics who fail to create an enriching experience and then want to act like they've made an enriching experience or rather receiving praise like they have made a fully satisfying enriching experience