Shows You Watch That No One Talks about on Here

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Re: Shows You Watch That No One Talks about on Here

Post by 907 »

Garfunkel and Oates on IFC has been surprisingly enjoyable so far.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

SYM wrote: drunk history
shit is a fucking trigger for me. i always go out and get pretty drunk after watching this show.
907 wrote: Garfunkel and Oates on IFC has been surprisingly enjoyable so far.
they have their own show? i caught them doing their thing on that comedy central standup show with the indian guy with the lisp (no fez) and thought their song about god not counting anal sex as sex fucking hilarious.

Krook

Post by Krook »

Dan wrote:Finished Chickens and The Honourable Woman.

The Honourable Woman ended up being really good. Some really solid performances in this. It's a real slow burn, but definitely worth sticking through. I'm not sure if it's eligible for the Emmy's since it's a British series, but I have a feeling it'll definitely be up for some awards at the Golden Globes.
You should check out Hugo Blicks The Shadow Line http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1701920/..it's much better than this..one of the best mini series ever imo..also Inside Men http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1989062/

Dan

Post by Dan »

Krook wrote:
Dan wrote:Finished Chickens and The Honourable Woman.

The Honourable Woman ended up being really good. Some really solid performances in this. It's a real slow burn, but definitely worth sticking through. I'm not sure if it's eligible for the Emmy's since it's a British series, but I have a feeling it'll definitely be up for some awards at the Golden Globes.
You should check out Hugo Blicks The Shadow Line http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1701920/..it's much better than this..one of the best mini series ever imo..also Inside Men http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1989062/
Already have it downloaded, just haven't started it yet. Working my way through Homeland right now.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Officially started watching Arrow. Fucking love it so far.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Watched the first episode of The Affair. It's like a TV series version of Rashomon.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

odium-LSC wrote:
Positive A wrote:BBC 2 (I think) show called Peaky Blinders. Starts Cillian Murphy. It's about gangs in post WW1 Birmingham. Only a couple of episodes into season 1, but it's proved to be a good watch.
came in here to post this. really enjoying the first season so far. Tom Hardy joins the cast for season 2
The second season of this started a few weeks go. Thoroughly enjoying this. Also, there's an Irish show called Love/Hate about organized crime in Dublin. The new season of that started a few weeks ago. The had of the gang is Tommy Carcetti/Littlefinger, so there's that to entice you in to watching. I highly recommend this show. Violence, intrigue, all sorts of good shit. Only place I've been able to find it is torrents but it's about halfway through the 5th season so if you like it there's a good amount to watch before you're caught up even if it's like 4-6 episodes per season.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Peaky Blinders is the only BBC drama that gets any time from me.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

I'm about to start Marco Polo. I'm reading some mixed reviews but since I like reading stuff about the Mongol invasions a thousand years ago and some people near me like this, I figured I'd give it a shot. Anyone else seen this show?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

couple of eps into Peeky Blinders, enjoying it so far overall

but am i crazy or do some of the accent sound off, especially considering it's bbc... is that just adjustment for the time period? Cilian Murphy and Sam Neil sound like they're forcing something unnatural out of their mouths
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

anybody seen Toast Of London? big fan of Matt Berry, seems like it could be good

Dan

Post by Dan »

drizzle wrote:anybody seen Toast Of London? big fan of Matt Berry, seems like it could be good
I have both seasons downloaded, but haven't started it. It has been renewed for a 3rd season. Matt Berry's been great in everything I've seen him in.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Yea he has, I was spurred to look this up by current watching of the Snuff Box which I'm really diggin. My only beef here is that it's not streaming anywhere i know of, so gotta put the work in to dl. That's why I wanted to check if it's worth the effort first.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Yohan wrote:I'm about to start Marco Polo. I'm reading some mixed reviews but since I like reading stuff about the Mongol invasions a thousand years ago and some people near me like this, I figured I'd give it a shot. Anyone else seen this show?
It's ok. It looks really nice but it moves a bit slow and it took me until about episode 5 before I cared about the characters. I have 2 episodes left so I wanna finish it but it's nothing special. It does have its share of fine asian concubines though which is nice.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Agree on Marco polo. Still only on ep3 tho

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Dan wrote:
drizzle wrote:anybody seen Toast Of London? big fan of Matt Berry, seems like it could be good
I have both seasons downloaded, but haven't started it. It has been renewed for a 3rd season. Matt Berry's been great in everything I've seen him in.
checked with my Brit homie who's also a big Matt Berry fan, he said if you like Darkplace and Snuffbox you'll dig this guaranteed

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Those who watched both seasons of Peaky Blinders.
will someone just shoot cambell in the fucking face! If this dude shows up in season 3 with a wolf's head on his dick I'm out.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Anybody watch that horseman cartoon on netflix? I just caught one episode and it was alright
UBM CD COMING SOON

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Yea it's good, gets better as it goes along and characters get more built up. Reminded me of Futurama in some ways.

Post by 907 »

I finally watched it last week, thought it was pretty funny. Would watch a second season if they made one.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I was off for two weeks and watched an insane amount of TV. They were almost all BBC shows.

Luther
Sherlock
Wallander
The Fall
Black Mirror
Top of The Lake

I liked pretty much all of them, but I really enjoyed Black Mirror, The Fall, and Sherlock.