Marvel MCU thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: Marvel MCU thread (civil war spoilers)

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Eyedea wrote:Dark Phoenix is not giving me the hype at all.... I don't like the actress....didn't like her in the GOTR and no fucking way does she even remotly resemble Famke Jansen lol. I love most of the picks for younger versions of the og characters, but this one is a miss...
it's looking like a huge failure that is jinxed from every angle... BUT I'LL STILL WATCH IT OF COURSE

that is not a fierce looking Phoenix/Jean Gray and the storyline/timeline is starting to get really wonky in the X-men universe

I'm getting confused at who/when it's Professor X James McAvoy and/or when it's Magneto as Fassbender... does time and space even align anymore to their future counterparts McKellen and Stewart :fail:

I love X-men forever, but there was a time when it was the TOP comic franchise on earth... how they let The Avengers come and surpass them while they flail about and conjure confusing mediocrity has been a god damn shame to behold lately. I hope the GAWD FEIGE can do some mutant universe correction

and I hope that rumor of X-Men vs. Avengers in 2020 IS REAL :omar: :ohsh: :bow: :cas:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Excelsior!

RIP :(

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Stan was the man!

RIP to a legend.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

:lol:

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

ric wrote:Saw ant man and wasp. Dope.
ant-man and the wasp was absolutely hilarious, better than the first one. a perfect pallet cleanser considering the heaviness of the avengers pictures.

ric

Re: Marvel MCU thread

Post by ric »

Captain marvel 2019
Dope. Walked a nice line where it could have been waaaayyyy more preachy with the gender thing. Capt marvel is dope. It's kinda weird that her weaknesses are what they are but whatever. Cool. Opens up the coolness potential for a lot of stuff in the grand marvel arch.

Avengers End Game 2019
Obv dope. Lots of open doors. People talk about closed doors. Yeah OK. Not really. If they really wanted they could do basically anything considering the mechanics they've introduced. The one issue they are starting to run into is that they are setting themselves up dangerously to blur the lines between feature film and extended multipart television series. They used a couple TV/show moves that I thought would have torpedoed their respective scenes if the foundation wasn't strong enough (it was this time partly because of the two part nature of this movie and that a lot of the other stories fed into it in really good ways)

Employee
Fast Eddie

Re: Marvel MCU thread

Post by Employee »