Marvel MCU thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

alpha

Re: Marvel MCU thread

Post by alpha »

Sorry MB, he's still too busy canceling the apocalypse.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

alpha wrote:Sorry MB, he's still too busy canceling the apocalypse.
:cheers:

I fucking LOVED his monologue in that. It was better than the God Laurence Fishburne's overwrought paean to Zion in "Matrix: Reloaded", before the underground rave started up.

Can't wait for the fucking Pacific Rim sequel! Maybe it will get a better god damn movie title now :rofl:

IMAGINE IF SOME BLUE-GOO-SPEWING ELECTRICAL FLYING KAIJU SHOWED UP IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE AS MONSTERS THANOS WAS USING TO FIGHT THE AVENGERS :spidey: :bunny: :ohhh:

:lol:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Supposedly the Fantastic Four trailer is being unveiled today. Bumping this thread in hopes we can bring the discussion in here.

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

but its not mcu movie

anyway here it is. looks decent, but the dr doom is nerdy blogger etc ehhhh i got my doubts

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

looks good but looks way different

Chris Evans made the perfect Human Torch... actually the last Fantastic Four was PERFECTLY cast

I've never liked or respected Jessica Alba more than when she was Sue Storm and I LOVED the acting chops of the last Reed Richards, that dude nailed pacifist brainy reluctant leader better than almost anyone else I've ever seen, honestly. Ioan Gruffudd was a mad underrated Mister Fantastic. You want to do a cheesy dance sequence with superhero moves, Raimi? Fuck your corny Spiderman 3 scene, watch how it's done when Mr. Fantastic grabs two women with stretchy arms, LOL

I really don't think they needed to reboot Fantastic 4. The first two were solid comic book movies with a franchise that wasn't supposed to be outrageously imaginative like X-Men is. To think FF should compete with Patrick Stewart & Hugh Jackman's success is a foolish idea. They should all co-exist on different levels. FF was a GREAT mix of action, comedy, romance and special effects, both the first one and second one. The Silver Surfer they came up with wasn't perfect, but it was good. Rebooting this franchise was a bit of a mistake to me. They totally could have done one more Fantastic Four with the original cast, and it would have been acceptable.

Spiderman didn't even need to be rebooted. OBVIOUSLY the new franchise is fucking subpar to the old one, and NOW motherfuckers can see it. The only advancement this new Marc Webb directed Spiderman franchise is doing, is in the special effects department, with The Lizard being fully digitally sculpted incredibly and the Jamie Foxx Electro (which looked AWESOME). The plots are shite and the legacy of Peter Parker is being sullied egregiously. Andrew Garfield is inferior to Tobey McGuire to me, fuck what everyone else says, LOL. They shoulda just scaled back Spiderman 4, kept Sam Raimi on as director but tell him not to try to cram THREE villains in one movie, two is enough. Rumor was they were going to have Ben Kingsley as the Vulture in Spiderman 4! That woulda been awesome. But no, they went and fucked it up and Tobey left, and now Spiderman is ALL FUCKED UP, cause The Amazing Spiderman 2 with the Gwen Stacy :roper: was a 2 hour serving of hot garbage bitten by a radioactive cockroach, and if it wasn't an illogical piece of supervomit, it woulda been a great dream to set up a Sinister Six movie/franchise. But no.

Not like this. Not like this. :spidey: *goes dead*
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

So is Ms Fantastic and Johnny Storm no longer brother/sisters?
UBM CD COMING SOON

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

they are, sue is adopted

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

illuminati_guy wrote:they are, sue is adopted
There is a whole ton of shit I will suspend my disbelief on in these types of movies but a white girl getting adopted by a black family that is pushing Tony Soprano not getting arrested within 10 months of being an underboss let alone boss as the most unrealistic thing Hollywood has ever tried to sell us.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

illuminati_guy wrote:they are, sue is adopted
:roll: Fucking Hollywood man.

Ironically though, Jordan is probably the only actor in this I'm looking forward to seeing in the role. The whole direction and vibe of this movie seems off, from most of the casting decisions to the plot and characterizations.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

word :cheers: i can't say it looks like a bad movie... but it doesn't look like the comic book we know

they really did NOT need to reboot Fantastic Four. Michael Chiklis as the Thing was also more genius casting they will not top.

:bunk:

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Look ok, diggin Scott Glenn as Stick. Do we know who Kingpin is yet?

Was chuckling a bit tho about how they're still holding onto Hell's Kitchen as this den of crime and danger ruled by tough guys in leather jackets. That neighborhood is a forest of overpriced condo buildings and methadone clinics.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Vincent D'Onofrio is Kingpin. Should be dope

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

drizzle wrote:Do we know who Kingpin is yet?
Vincent D'Onofrio. All kinds of fucking win there.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Oh yea that's on point

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

I ain't mad doe

Matt Murdock looks decent, and the black DD outfit is choice

fighting choreography looks :copy: enough

bring it

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

:spidey:

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Post by 907 »

Jayou Ayen wrote: :spidey:

Was just coming here to post this: http://kotaku.com/spider-man-can-finall ... Socialflow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fucking finally. Weird that they're not gonna use Garfield though. I didn't like him much, but why switch again already?
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Man fuck that. I'd much much rather see Inhumans or Black Panther or even CM instead of another fucking spiderman movie

alpha

Post by alpha »

Another spidey movie gets him in real marvel movies tho. And its not like the others got cancelled. I think they get pushed back 6-9 months.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Don't care, over his spiderbullshit

Admittedly, i'm only really umad because this might end up as another reboot of an origin story. Wouldn't be as bad if they jump right into things. Or do some alternate version at least, something from the clone story lines maybe.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Crazy that Marvel sold the Spiderman film rights to Sony for $7M.
Stuart Oldham
Editor, Variety.com
@s_oldham
Peter Parker is returning to Marvel. (Or will it be Miles Morales?)

In a reboot of the “Spider-Man” franchise, Sony Pictures Entertainment has announced a new partnership with Marvel Studios that brings the popular superhero into the Marvel universe.

A new Spider-Man film will hit theaters on July 28, 2017.

Sony has owned the feature rights to comic book character since 1999, when Marvel sold them for $7 million.

According to the deal, Sony and Marvel will cast a new Spidey after Andrew Garfield starred in the last two films, “The Amazing Spider-Man” and “The Amazing Spider-Man 2.” Tobey Maguire played Peter Parker in the previous three installments for Sony.

Marvel’s Kevin Feige will produce the rebooted Spider-Man with Amy Pascal, who recently stepped down as co-chairman of Sony in a new producer deal. She oversaw the $4 billion Spider-Man franchise for over 13 years at the studio.

Sony will continue to distribute, finance, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man pics.

They’ll work with Marvel, owned by Disney, to weave Spider-Man’s character into Marvel’s upcoming superhero films, which includes the popular franchise “The Avengers.”

As Variety previously reported, Marvel plans on bringing the Civil War storyline from the comic books to launch the next phase of films. It’s very likely that Spider-Man will make his first appearance in “Captain America: Civil War” next year.

To make room for Spider-Man, Disney has rescheduled a number of Marvel tentpoles, including “Thor: Ragnorak,” which was originally planned to open on the July 28, 2017 date. It moves to Nov. 3, 2017. “Black Panther,” which had the Nov. 3 date, will now move up to July 6, 2017.

Marvel’s “Inhumans,” meanwhile, has now moved back to summer 2019 while “Captain Marvel” moves back to Nov. 2018.

Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company said in a statement: “Spider-Man is one of Marvel’s great characters, beloved around the world. We’re thrilled to work with Sony Pictures to bring the iconic web-slinger into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which opens up fantastic new opportunities for storytelling and franchise building.”

“I am thrilled to team with my friends at Sony Pictures along with Amy Pascal to produce the next Spider-Man movie,” said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. “Amy has been deeply involved in the realization on film of one of the world’s most beloved characters. Marvel’s involvement will hopefully deliver the creative continuity and authenticity that fans demand from the MCU.”

Sony chairman Michael Lynton added: “This is the right decision for the franchise, for our business, for Marvel, and for the fans.”

Further details of the agreement are unknown.

The deal comes after a turbulent few months for Sony. The Culver City-based studio was recently the victim of a massive cyber-attack by North Korea in what devolved into a financial and publicity nightmare. And just last week, it was announced that Pascal — its veteran exec and face of the studio — would be stepping aside.

“I have always wanted to be a producer,” she said at the time. “I have spent almost my entire professional life at Sony Pictures and I am energized to be starting this new chapter based at the company I call home.”

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

I'm with Driz on this. Would've been excited as hell for this 5 years ago, but now all I can see is how it's going to negatively affect the other franchises in the MCU.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

This is good news guys. Spiderman is involved in the comic book stories they are going to be telling moving forward and plays a pretty big role in the next Captain America. This is all for the good.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

I'm all for it. Just please, Disney, no origin story again ok? Just get vulture or mysterio and keep it simple(r).

Or venom again if you absolutely must. Carnage. Just NO MORE GREEN GOBLIN.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

I just don't like spidey I think. He's a dork and a lame ass superhero compared to the rest, despite the fact that Raimi's S2 still holds somewhere in the upper strata of the costume movie pantheon. Would rather the Civil War stuff was all Cap and Bucky.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

blastmaster wrote:This is good news guys. Spiderman is involved in the comic book stories they are going to be telling moving forward and plays a pretty big role in the next Captain America. This is all for the good.
Alot of people are saying that. Here's what I dont get, if Marvel plans up to this point have not included Spiderman, what does it do to the storyline to all of a sudden inject him into it?

How much character development for Spiderman can they do prior to Civil War in 2016?

I wont front, my hope was that they were going to find a way to utilize Ant Man in the "in the middle" role that Spider man played in the books. It would give that character a much needed boost of relevance and wouldve been "good" for the MCU as whole. So thats another reason I'm not crazy about this.

Feel like the superhero movie bubble is one step closer to busting with this...

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Not sure I'm feeling the FF. Evans was a great Torch and Chiklis was a PERFECT Thing. Plus we already know how they became what they are. It's ridiculous that they keep doing these "trying to get it right movies" and ruining our enjoyment of the universe itself.

And fuck Spiderman. Hard. I'm sick of Spiderman movies. I wouldn't give a shit if they actually injected some dude with radioactive spider venom and the shit was a documentary I don't care about Peter Parker any fucking more.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

What about Daredevil though Cash?

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

The Afronaut wrote:What about Daredevil though Cash?
Tho' I was actually "ok" with the original, I will be watching this. Especially as a series which his character is much better suited for.