Marvel MCU thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

paul_smith

Re: Marvel MCU thread

Post by paul_smith »

This looks much better than AOU indeed, hopefully it doesn't dissappoint. Trailer is great!

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ric

Post by ric »

closed my eyes and plugged my ears for the trailer; civil war is probably the best story line for the entire marvel universe

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Apparently Part 1 of 2

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Looks awesome but I'm already cringing at how much time they're gonna waste on Matt being a reluctant bitch and Fogey being an even bigger bitch. Wish this was just a Punisher/Electra storyline instead

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

“The consequences of Civil War,” says Joe Russo, “will have an even more significant impact [than The Winter Soldier]. In Civil War, we’re going to change the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s psychology, and it’s an extreme shift… Winter Soldier was a political thriller; this is a psychological thriller.”

Hmmm… Then Anthony Russo weighs in, admitting the film has a “very dramatic ending that will be controversial for a lot of people.”

arrivederci Cap

dilla7

Post by dilla7 »

http://collider.com/daredevil-season-2- ... ff-series/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Berenthal Ready to do a Punisher Series

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Looking forward to all the Hand vs Chaste stuff in Daredevil.

Plus apparently they announced the actor that will play Iron Fist too. It's the guy that played Margerie's brother on Game of Thrones.

I really hope they don't make Foggy whiny as fuck this season.

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

I honestly think they're gonna flip it and kill ironman.

It opens a lot more doors for them thematically and it means that red skull doesn't need to come back ( which I am actually really keeping my fingers crossed for Hugo weaving's glorious return).

It would be an awesome plot twist that if the whole time the tesseract had transported red skull to another dimension to conspire with thanos.

Post by 907 »

I'd put money on Cap biting it over Iron Man. Can't really explain why, just the feeling I have about it. Plus, Downey is Marvel's biggest star by a wide margin.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

907 wrote:I'd put money on Cap biting it over Iron Man. Can't really explain why, just the feeling I have about it. Plus, Downey is Marvel's biggest star by a wide margin.
Not a smart bet. Downey wanted the second Avengers to be his last time playing Iron Man but they talked him into coming back for one more movie.
The Captain America role is pretty much the only thing Chris Evans has going for him. He's not likely going anywhere.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

"hey everyone"

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Spider-Man seems out of synch with the tone of the rest of the trailer.

Other than that, good stuff.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

SYM wrote:

"hey everyone"
Why Spider-Man looks so weird in Captain America: Civil War Trailer

http://www.geek.com/news/why-spider-man ... r-1649510/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

dilla7

Post by dilla7 »

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

^^^Oh hell yeah.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

first daredevil review i've seen, it's very positive

http://www.avclub.com/review/daredevils ... s-t-233673" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Daredevil season 2 is at least as good as season 1 if not slightly better.

Bernthal killed it. Yung is damn good too.

Some pacing issues like s1, but most impressive was the work put in connecting plot threads from last season.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

9 episodes in and I'm enjoying it a bunch. Not the greatest writing/plotting but they do put some nice nuances into the Punisher story, and Berenthal is predictably great. Not sure what the Electra/Hand stuff will amount to but the ninja action is plentiful and well staged so I'm satisfied. The one major instance of call back to S1 has been a great bit of fan service, so I'm very happy with that too.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Season 2 is so good. I want a Punisher spin-off and I want to mouth rape Electra.

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

amazing season.

couldnt put it down.

now im depressed waiting for luke cage, and iron fist.

love the tie ins, with jessica jones; cant wait for more punisher and where they go next.

also really hoping all these characters have background cameos in the infinity war... fuuuuuuck.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

This scene was my favorite of the season, possibly of the series. So dope.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Not sure I'm feeling having Spiderman in Civil War. He's integral in the comics because he's already established, beloved and no one knew his secret identity. So the point of him getting involved was to say "hey if you friendly neighborhood spiderman is willing to do it, then everyone should". Of course, they obviously have to go a very different route than the comic, but just throwing spidey in there seems a little too random.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Finished DD last night and as expected, the Hand stuff fell flat. A lot of buildup for very little payoff. I'm hoping they're developing this slowly because of some future planned storyline where all will be reveled and maybe other series cross over, but that's a small comfort. It fizzled in S1 too but there it was a b-plot and we got a satisfying conclusion to the Kingpin arch, this shit felt like a mid-season finale. I did cheer when Frank got the spray paint out to do the skull though, and his little nod after the sniper assist was top notch 'saying a lot with a little'

Ultimately it played out like a mostly dumb action movie redeemed by good actors and action. Tons of plot holes and loose ends and stupid decisions and even just very basic continuity gaffes all over the place, but Punisher ruled and the ninja fights were sweet and the subplot about DD accepting himself as a costumed freak and pulling away from N&M actually worked kinda well.... so I'm satisfied overall.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

I agree to a large extent. The season peaks around 7-11. And that is essentially what happened last season and on Jessica Jones if I'm remembering correctly (need to rewatch). Maybe 13 eps is just too many to tell a "tight" story.

Looking forward to the rest of the Netflix shows. Luke Cage on deck 9/30.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Yea that shit was going soooo hard around ep 8-9 I was sure there were only 10... and then they drag it out for like 4 more eps that should've been like 2 tops. No idea why they did this here and with JJ too, both suffered in pacing because of it. Middle stretch of Jessica Jones was a huge slump. 10 should be the limit on these things.

Definitely looking forward to Luke Cage, that little teaser with him getting shot and the new clothes line got me super amped.

Has the Punisher show been confirmed? They set him up kinda weird here, painted him almost too negatively to support his own series as a sympathetic protagonist. What are they going to do with a humorless and explicitly mentally ill character, even in an antihero context?

Rabbi Jihadovich

Post by Rabbi Jihadovich »

in the staircase scene of ep 13 when he's talking to elektra he mentions that he's never been above 145th street, meanwhile he went to yale law. lazy writing.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Rabbi Jihadovich wrote:in the staircase scene of ep 13 when he's talking to elektra he mentions that he's never been above 145th street, meanwhile he went to yale law. lazy writing.
same scene, army of ninjas several dozens deep shown gathering on the roof... another one implied to be coming from the bottom floor... they burst onto the roof to find ..... like a handful (sorry, couldn't resist) or so ninjas + Nobu, and the ones on the bottom floor never even show up

I don't think they even had a continuity person working on this series

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

it's weird I'm not a fan of Luke Cage but I'm really looking forward to the series. Netflix is killing it.