Marvel MCU thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Truth.

Re: Marvel MCU thread

Post by Truth. »

Never thought they would make a deal

This is awesome, now can we get Wolverine up in this bitch?

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

After the Sony email hacks became public and it became known that even Sony thought that Spiderman would be better in the hands of Marvel there was really no argument against making a deal.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

there's a way for everyone to be happy about what needs to be done to salvage the Spiderman franchise.

these greedy stupid corporations are actually lucky their bumbling tomfoolery :bunk: can be saved by comic lore :spidey:

Spiderman is an Avenger :rockout:

not sure about all this "cast Childish Gambino as Peter Parker" talk, but I'm cool with Andrew Garfield not doing anything else

let it be screamed: the people @ Sony are a buncha fucking idiots for BOMBING their MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE IDEA, because a Sinister Six movie featuring Doc Ock, Vulture, Mysterio, Hobgoblin/Green Goblin, Electro and Sandman is even better than a Justice League movie and even rivals the amazingness of the multi-movie lead-up to Avengers Assemble... and if Sony weren't a buncha fucking goofs, they coulda even done a spin-off Venom movie... but NO, they went and made Amazing Spider-man 2 a superior shitshow and nerfed Spidey's future into oblivion. Hope Marvel can make a whole bunch of spectacular decisions for the future of Peter Parker.

I'm still sad there won't be any more Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson... she was fucking perfect :cry:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

dunst never had enough boobs to be mj tho

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

yeah MJ needs some sweater puppies
UBM CD COMING SOON

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yall need to watch Melancholia.
In the words of samdoom, surprisingly nice tits.

Post by 907 »

illuminati_guy wrote:dunst never had enough boobs to be mj tho

MJ was also supposed to be supermodel hot, which ol' snaggletooth isn't exactly capable of pulling off.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

907 wrote:
illuminati_guy wrote:dunst never had enough boobs to be mj tho

MJ was also supposed to be supermodel hot, which ol' snaggletooth isn't exactly capable of pulling off.
Emma Stone, maybe.
Deborah Ann Woll (True Blood), could be, tho' doesn't seem Mary Jane-ish.
Holland Roden, yeah.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I think they should just have SM do cameos in other movies and do a feature film down the road.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

I agree. Weave him in then give him a solo flick near the end of Phase 3 and let the character be the Iron Man of Phase 4.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Yall need to watch Melancholia.
In the words of samdoom, surprisingly nice tits.
this.

Dunst was surreal in that. Plus I luhh her, on camera and off. She's apparently a REAL wild one that don't give no fucks 'bout Hollywood star protocol.

Damn near every woman in comic books that is a girlfriend of someone has double-D tits or bigger. They don't draw comic book women with small breasts unless they are minor characters or intentionally evil and repulsive women.

Can't expect the women in the movies to look a lot like the women in comics. Dunst is hawt enuff, innit? I'd give her my love :boobeyes:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Dinofrio looks like the best reason to watch that
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Two quick TV spots

Little over a week away.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Also, it's been announced that Cheo Hodari Coker will be the showrunner for the Luke Cage series set to premiere in 2016. Looking forward to this. Seems like a good choice.

dilla7

Post by dilla7 »

ric

Post by ric »

daredevil is going to be a show on Netflix? wow that sucks.

re spiderman
I haven't seen the amazing spiderman or read almost any spiderman comics but the character isn't that great and the way the powers/abilities are done is kinda wack actually Web shooters being the #1 most obv thing
Last edited by ric on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

ric

Post by ric »

this is why I think they're cramming out marvel shit all over the place and rushing everything
#1 they over played the infinity gem/civil war hand and it's biting them in the ass partly because...
#2 they super need to establish a bunch of shit real quick and not spend a bajillion dollars all at once
#3 let's be honest the marvel stuff is some of the best stuff out there in terms of those grand movies that has coolness seriousness and personal/world issues etc so they are capitalizing on that
#4 they are trying to crush DC (obv I have no idea about the business of this but it seems plausible)
#5 the broad strokes and designs have already been written and honed in advance. their logistics is sweet. now all they need to do put it on screen and get some music etc

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

ric wrote:daredevil is going to be a show on Netflix? wow that sucks.
Do you mean "that sucks" like "damn I don't have Netflix and now I gotta subscribe to watch" or like "having this show on Netflix is a bad idea"?

I gotta tell yah, if it's the latter I think you are sorely mistaken. The Marvel/Netflix is a win-win. Netflix gets content that is sure to increase subscriptions to their service, Marvel gets to further its brand on the TV format in a "new and exciting" way without the hang ups that come with network TV.

If it's done well, which all thus far looks to be the case, this will be great for both.
re spiderman
I haven't seen the amazing spiderman or read almost any spiderman comics but the character isn't that great
:lol:
Last edited by The Afronaut on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah, the new Daredevil show is supposed to be way darker than all the other Marvel shows, the first one made for adults.
I haven't watched any of the other ones, but this is the first one that has peaked my interest at all.

ric

Post by ric »

The Afronaut wrote:
re spiderman
I haven't seen the amazing spiderman or read almost any spiderman comics but the character isn't that great
:lol:
:rofl:

in re daredevil Netflix
series will probably not be good though. that's all I'm saying

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

only watched the first episode:
thought the quality was a mixed bag. some cheesy moments and bad acting.
the wire-esque montage at the end where they tease the various interconnected boss storylines was a cheap trick but worked well enough that i'll continue watching.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

I'm 4 eps in. Obviously I'm any easy sell on this, but still. If this is the direction Marvel is taking the MCU street level heroes, I'm amped.

Great ensemble btw.

Post by 907 »

I just started ep3, really enjoying it so far.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

So, yeah. Finished over the weekend. DD was definitely a great entry into the MCU. I mean I read a lot beforehand about the "dark, gritty" feel they were going for and I hear that so much I didn't think much of it, but I was really surprised by how far they went with some things.

Cox & D'Onofrio both shine. It definitely has me more excited for the other Netflix shows to follow.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Yup daredevil is pretty awesome

None

Post by None »

Daredevil was great. It was a perfect way to introduce the street level heroes. Overall the acting and writing was solid with D'Onofrio doing an amazing job as Kingpin. I need me some Iron Fist now though.

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

Gonna watch daredevil ovet the weekend

5 days for age of ultron :)

dilla7

Post by dilla7 »

http://411mania.com/movies/daredevil-re ... nd-season/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alpha

Post by alpha »

Stop being a lazy fuck and at least write a sentence about what you're posting