Pick Your Favorite Cartoon #5

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Pick Your Favorite:

Inspector Gadget
20%
Ducktales
35%
The Jetsons
No votes
The Flintstones
4%
Tom & Jerry
20%
Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers
2%
The Smurfs
No votes
Scooby Doo, Where Are You?
11%
Tiny Toons Adventures
2%
Heathcliff & The Cadillac Cats
No votes
Garfield & Friends
7%

Total votes: 46

Tommy Bunz

Pick Your Favorite Cartoon #5

Post by Tommy Bunz »

From the List. Left out Looney Tunes intentionally.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Re: Pick Your Favorite Cartoon #5

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Inspector Gadget had the most mysterious cartoon villain of the '80s, was progressive in that the show's true star was its sole female character, and it's theme song inspired the show which got me into rap as a kid: The Show by Doug & Rick.

Was very disappointed to find out that Dr. Claw looks like a middle aged Jake Busey pulling a Thizz-Face:

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

This is tough because of the different eras. Tom & Jerry, The Smurfs, and Scooby Doo are all classics, but because they're from before my time they don't resonate quite as much as Inspector Gadget and Duck Tales do with me personally.

I went with Inspector Gadget though, mainly because of Penny, the OG crush. Word on Dr. Claw, I loved Bond films at that time too so his mysterious persona with the cat and everything made perfect sense to me back then.

On another note, Duck Tales and Rescue Rangers had amazing video games, almost remember them more than the shows.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

I went with "Tiny Toons" solely because it's the only one I can watch now and legit still enjoy as much as when I was younger. Their Christmas special parody of "It's A Wonderful Life" ranks up there with "Beavis and Butthead's" take on the holiday classic in terms of best Christmas parodies.
unclebengi wrote:
On another note, Duck Tales and Rescue Rangers had amazing video games, almost remember them more than the shows.
Never played the Rescue Rangers game, is it really on par with how amazing the Ducktales game is?

For those who have no idea what we're talking about, you can buy the Ducktales HD Remix platformer game from the PS3/Xbox online stores for like $15 and it will be without hyperbole one of the most fun platformers you've ever taken a spin with. Probably my favorite of the HD Remixes of games too as they kept the original gameplay but just updated the graphics and had the original voices from the show come and read the character dialogue.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I remember loving both games back in the day, I've played that Ducktales reboot and it's pretty sweet. It's hard for me to say Rescue Rangers was on the same level just relying on my memory as a 10 year old, but from reading here it looks like it was pretty well received-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_%27n_ ... eo_game%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Classic platformer like Ducktales though, wouldn't mind tracking it down now. Looks like they were both made by Capcom, Rescue Rangers also had Co-op play.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Tom and Jerry obviously
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Ducktales wins this easily

dilla7

Post by dilla7 »

ric

Post by ric »

go go gadget cockring for sure
you got gadget you got penny you got brain and you get that evil cat glove voice combo

Kace

Post by Kace »

Yeah it's Inspector Gadget for me too. This show has the best villain and Penny is the most bangable character from that list of cartoons.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

alpha

Post by alpha »

Duck tales all day

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

any of you guys remember Rupert? It had one of the greatest opening titles of all time.

http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Ducktales barely over Tom n Jerry
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

Kace wrote:Yeah it's Inspector Gadget for me too. This show has the best villain and Penny is the most bangable character from that list of cartoons.
Gettin brain from Penny - Inspectah Gadget. My pick too.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Prophecy wrote:Ducktales barely over Inspector Gadget

Kace

Post by Kace »

Raphael De La Ghetto wrote:
Kace wrote:Yeah it's Inspector Gadget for me too. This show has the best villain and Penny is the most bangable character from that list of cartoons.
Gettin brain from Penny - Inspectah Gadget. My pick too.
:lol:
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Let Jaz Down wrote:Inspector Gadget had the most mysterious cartoon villain of the '80s, was progressive in that the show's true star was its sole female character, and it's theme song inspired the show which got me into rap as a kid: The Show by Doug & Rick.

Was very disappointed to find out that Dr. Claw looks like a middle aged Jake Busey pulling a Thizz-Face:

this Dr Claw is a spitting image of a Babylon 5 Mimbari

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Ducktales might be one of the greatest cartoons ever created.

Tiny Toons and then Scooby Doo bring up the rear.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Flintstones with Tom & Jerry right behind

wanted to go with the smurfs
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Post by 907 »

ChaMerZ wrote:
Let Jaz Down wrote:Inspector Gadget had the most mysterious cartoon villain of the '80s, was progressive in that the show's true star was its sole female character, and it's theme song inspired the show which got me into rap as a kid: The Show by Doug & Rick.

this Dr Claw is a spitting image of a Babylon 5 Mimbari

They never actually showed his face on the show, did they?
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

ducktales then tiny toons. heathcliff must pre-date me because i legit have never heard of it