Sony Cancels The Interview after Threats of Violence

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Sony Cancels The Interview after Threats of Violence

Post by Prophecy »

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/18/busin ... .html?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So what's everyone's opinions on this? Do you think ComedyQuadaffi's homies in ISIS will soon try to use the same tactics? Will North Korea delcare a holiday for the day The Supreme Leader vanquished the imperialist tyrants Seth Rogan and James Franco?
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Re: Sony Cancels The Interview after Threats of Violence

Post by drizzle »

Been wondering if they'll just put it out on VOD instead, if the theaters are really the hold up.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Craziness. I wonder how fast they can press DVDs.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

the ongoing story of how the hack went down and potential effects this could have down the line on movies being made and their distribution methods are becoming more interesting than the actual release of this one movie.

Req

Post by Req »

lol@threats of violence

they're a bunch of neckbeard hackers, not the fucking third reich.
F.U. MOOLAH

hustler

Post by hustler »

hackers can do more damage than armies these days.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I actually see this as a good thing because that movie looked like a piece of flaming dogshit. I wish someone would have poisoned Seth Rogen before they made this decision though.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I thought it looked hilarious.
Annoyed by this and it sucks to concede any sort of victory to North Korea. But once the major theater chains pulled out there isn't much of a reason for them to release it in a limited fashion anyways.
Sony should release it free on demand to the entire world as an 80 million dollar fuck you to terrorism.

zombie

Post by zombie »

Apparently some theatres in TEXAS are playing Team America in the slots where The Interview was supposed to be played.

LOL

zombie

Post by zombie »

Req wrote:lol@threats of violence

they're a bunch of neckbeard hackers, not the fucking third reich.
white people get scared very easily

this isnt new

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Shit is wack, I would've gone to see it to spite the 'terrorists'.
I don't like the precedent it sets, what else are we going to start pulling movies for?
Since everyone on here is 26 yrs old, you may not remember when Hip Hop movies like New Jack City & Boyz N The Hood came out.
There was a concern that fights would break out, so they had cops and extra security at the theaters.
And fights did break out, and people got killed. But black on black crime isn't as scary as terrorism, and doesn't involve the Watt race.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

they ain't never seen no movies?
DO NOT NEGOTIATE
:lol:
this sucks tho. I was gonna see it just because I had no idea what the hell the damn movie was gonna be about.
it probably isn't as bad as North Korea thinks, but is worse than they want, because they are paranoid about Hollywood liberalism

this shit now HAS TO LEAK LEAK LEAK
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Can't say I'm torn up, but don't like the what this means. If you threaten violence on something you don't like then it stops. America has become a pussy ass nation.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

http://leftwingnation.us/2014/12/18/wat ... -interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stupid.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

I'm still surprised they got internet in North Korea.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

We are a country of fucking flaming pussies. They made a vague threat boo hoo lets cancel everything. I blame not keeping score in soccer because seriously we are no longer a country of winners that say fuck it and fly to the moon.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

if they either don't release the movie or they delay the release significantly, they will have squandered the opportunity to stick it to north korea and to cash in on the free press. I know i'd pay for the VOD option

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

did North Korea really cause this leak of all these Sony executive emails though? cause that's pretty :copy:

they fucked up the 'Annie' remake by leaking that too? :nut: you fucking with Annie and Cameron Diaz? IT'S WAR ON AMERICA
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

LOL I guess Kim Jong Un is a super hacker during his off time, this is about as believable as his pops being the greatest athlete that ever lived.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Guys, this isn't just an American thing, Sony is a Japanese corporation and Japan doesn't want to piss off N. Korea because they are still actively negotiating with them for the return of Japanese hostages.
Its way bigger than just hollywood being scared of terrorist attacks. And after the Batman shootings, that alone would be enough to make any corporation nervous.
I don't agree with it, but I understand it.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

he created the internet, so yeah.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:LOL I guess Kim Jong Un is a super hacker during his off time, this is about as believable as his pops being the greatest athlete that ever lived.
pretty sure a dictator could scare up a few overachieving comp-sci students to do his bidding. not sure where you're getting a literal interpretation that he did it himself

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

drizzle wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:LOL I guess Kim Jong Un is a super hacker during his off time, this is about as believable as his pops being the greatest athlete that ever lived.
pretty sure a dictator could scare up a few overachieving comp-sci students to do his bidding. not sure where you're getting a literal interpretation that he did it himself
You must believe N Korea is a den of world class hackers, all you can eat crab legs and silk underwear for all.
UBM CD COMING SOON

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

no it's obviously comprised of ONLY illiterate peasants who count by etching dots into a side of a potato

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

North Korea actually has an extremely advanced security network and reports are that they had the help of a known Chinese hacker group

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

http://www.wired.com/2014/12/evidence-o ... k-is-thin/
First of all, Sony and the FBI have announced that they’ve found no evidence so far to tie North Korea to the attack.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:http://www.wired.com/2014/12/evidence-o ... k-is-thin/
First of all, Sony and the FBI have announced that they’ve found no evidence so far to tie North Korea to the attack.
You're conveniently excluding the very next sentence from that article
First of all, Sony and the FBI have announced that they’ve found no evidence so far to tie North Korea to the attack. 2 New reports, however, indicate that intelligence officials who are not permitted to speak on the record have concluded that the North Koreans are behind the hack. But they have provided no evidence to support this and without knowing even what agency the officials belong to, it’s difficult to know what to make of the claim. And we should point out that intelligence agencies and government officials have jumped to hasty conclusions or misled the public in the past because it was politically expedient.
The U.S. can't go public with how it knows N. Korea is behind the attack because that creates a clusterfuck that is way more important than a Hollywood release date.
Publicly accusing NK of a cyber-attack and terrorist threat would have serious repercussions throughout the entire world.
Not to mention it would also mean admitting that we had infiltrated their computer network illegally. These things could be determined as acts of war.

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

well the movie about this story will probably be better than the interview

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
drizzle wrote:
You must believe N Korea is a den of world class hackers, all you can eat crab legs and silk underwear for all.
They where able to enrich uranium and build a nuclear bomb so yeah I believe its possible they hacked Sony Pictures.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Now Paramount pulls Team America as well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post ... m-america/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.