exodus by ridley scott with christian bale +

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

ric

exodus by ridley scott with christian bale +

Post by ric »

saw it. really like it. good movie. maybe my hard on for ridley scott movies is just too prominent but I just fucking love this guy's shit. it's a beautiful movie with no bs which I just love.

also love the supporting cast. great shit.

disappointed by how they rolled the story up but still good shit

Versive

Re: exodus by ridley scott with christian bale +

Post by Versive »

I got to be honest with you. This looks like one of the biggest pieces of shit of all time.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Mostly negative reviews but I'm still a bit interested. I don't see how it could be that bad, relatively speaking.

There's been plenty of articles about why casting Bale as Moses is racist.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

^Making any movie about an old Mediterranean culture and having them speak in a britshish accent is racist. I mean if we are going to have a generic old timey accent they could at least talk like Mario or some other stereotypical Italian accent. Itsza a mea Mosses

ric

Post by ric »

fuck the reviews. people have no idea what they're looking at. I never read reviews. this is a sweet movie if you like great looking shit that isn't stupid and doesn't kowtow to any bs sort of archetypal film history garbage. reviewers need to get their head out of their fucking ass.

like I said the only negative thing about this movie is that it feels like it could go on longer and be sweeter but they rolled it up. but that may be a studio issue just like Kingdom of heaven directors cut is even more godly than the or release which is a fucking sweet movie

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

it's pretty shitty. i don't even know how you could like it that much
of course the writing was stupid & it was somehow boring as well.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Versive wrote:I got to be honest with you. This looks like one of the biggest pieces of shit of all time.
Love this post for so many reasons. :hooray:

Egypt fucking BANNED this movie. Literally, BANTHAMMER'D this shit into oblivion within its borders.

"Gross historical inaccuracies" was what the Ministry of Egypt had said about the film, talmbout "FUCK THIS SHIT like :wtf: "

learn Hollywood learn

:icedit: I do want to watch it for the epic fight spectacles and that big tidal wave scene with the battle going on under it, sure that looks cool, the savage in me likes to see that shit sometimes. but otherwise, fuck this illogical eurocentric propaganda

until they make a Napoleon movie with Don Cheadle as Conqueror Bonaparte, I ain't showing no love to this kinda shit
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:Egypt fucking BANNED this movie. Literally, BANTHAMMER'D this shit into oblivion within its borders.

"Gross historical inaccuracies" was what the Ministry of Egypt had said about the film, talmbout "FUCK THIS SHIT like :wtf: "

learn Hollywood learn
It's nauseating enough that you think it's okay for a government to ban a movie but there's a much bigger context that has to do with Israel-Palestine and Sisi's propagandawar + crackdown on freedom of speech.

I know you just say whatever comes to your mind without thinking things through but that was shocking even by your standards.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:Egypt fucking BANNED this movie. Literally, BANTHAMMER'D this shit into oblivion within its borders.

learn Hollywood learn
It's nauseating enough that you think it's okay for a government to ban a movie but there's a much bigger context that has to do with Israel-Palestine and Sisi's propagandawar + crackdown on freedom of speech.

I know you just say whatever comes to your mind without thinking things through but that was shocking even by your standards.
Nah, this is some fucking 'Birth of a Nation' level bullshit to me. FUCK HOLLYWOOD this time. The Whitewashing of Black History has to stop somewhere!

Normally I don't think it's cool for governments to get involved in art, but THIS time, I'm totally totally cool with it, bruh.

Fuck your ideas, white man. I don't tell you what your morals should be. Just accept that I don't agree with you, and stop trying to tell me I'm wrong for not thinking like you. There's exceptions to every rule. Fuck Exodus and fuck European re-writing of history. They fucking made the Sphinx in the movie have Caucasian features. :wtf:

FUCK THAT SHIT.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

is the old testament black history?

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:I don't think it's cool for governments to get involved in art
:lol:

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Larry2times wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:I don't think it's cool for governments to get involved in art
:lol:
:rofl:

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Why hasn't MB been banned from Curb yet, again?
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Why hasn't he been banned from the public libraries where he uploads them gifs of him having sex

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Why is the industry designed to keep the artist in debt

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

ackbar wrote:is the old testament black history?
considering the Jesus bible story comes from the Pyramids of Egypt... I'd say yeah :kanyeshrug:
seagrams hotsauce wrote:Why hasn't MB been banned from Curb yet, again?

plus I actually have a decent analytical mind and can provide some nuanced insight on a variety of movies? :kanyeshrug:
Larry2times wrote:Why is the industry designed to keep the artist in debt
just another form of slavery :kanyeshrug:

Ridley Fucking Scott, the director of this blasphemous excuse for a movie LITERALLY said: "I'm just not going to get it financed if we had Mohammed so-and-so attached as the lead..." http://www.slashfilm.com/exodus-whitewashing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if THAT'S not blatant ignorant white supremacy racism, then

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Whenever I stop posting for a while I always forget how amazingly fucking stupid mindbender is. I am usually immediately reminded upon my return.

This movie was awful and waaaaay too long. I took a date to this and we spent most of the movie just cracking on it. It was cool looking but the acting and the writing was atrocious.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Versive wrote:I got to be honest with you. This looks like one of the biggest pieces of shit of all time.

Egypt fucking BANNED this movie. Literally, BANTHAMMER'D this shit into oblivion within its borders.

learn Hollywood learn

:icedit: I do want to watch it for the epic fight spectacles and that big tidal wave scene with the battle going on under it, sure that looks cool, the savage in me likes to see that shit sometimes. but otherwise, fuck this illogical eurocentric propaganda

until they make a Napoleon movie with Don Cheadle as Conqueror Bonaparte, I ain't showing no love to this kinda shit
I do not like this post for a number of reasons, primarily that you quoted me favorably in a post in which you endorsed censorship enforced by military coup.

Moses being played by a white man is stupid but it's nothing new and it's definitely not what looks most terrible about this movie. It's Christian Bale doing the fucking Jon Connor/Batman voice as Moses.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

playing batman was the worst choice of his career. achieved superstardom but he barely acts anymore. catching his strong co-starring role in the fighter is like catching a hot rakim verse these days.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Versive wrote:

learn Hollywood learn

I do not like this post for a number of reasons, primarily that you quoted me favorably in a post in which you endorsed censorship enforced by military coup.

Moses being played by a white man is stupid but it's nothing new and it's definitely not what looks most terrible about this movie. It's Christian Bale doing the fucking Jon Connor/Batman voice as Moses.
yeah but Hollywood is just like its own government with it's own laws and procedures... not much different than Congress

I'm not endorsing censorship. I'm endorsing one motherfucker telling another motherfucker: "HEY MOTHERFUCKER, THERE ARE LIMITS TO THE SHIT YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH IN THIS LIFE", that's all. I wouldn't endorse a global ban on it. But I am simply saying "I can TOTALLY understand why Egypt doesn't dig on this cinematic swine."

I hear North Korea hated the Red Dawn remake. Why wouldn't they?

Make a movie offensive enough to someone's sensibilities, and ANYONE can say "enough is enough". Even the most liberal white people :lol:

Imagine what kind of movie would cause white people in North America to demand it be banned from theatres? :killacam: :rofl:

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

enough is enough, ban Mindbender

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

I detest Ridley Scott & his movies. Prometheus was weak sauce.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

:leon:

Gotta be honest, this shxt would slap. Good call Bender.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ric

Post by ric »

ChaMerZ wrote:I detest Ridley Scott & his movies. Prometheus was weak sauce.
:wtf:
totally disagree bro
:cheers: