Game Of Thrones S5

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Re: Game Of Thrones S5

Post by drizzle »

The Harpies randomly deciding to kill one of their implied leaders/planners half way through the assassination because it looks like their plan is gonna work doesn't really make sense. Especially considering that this dude is supposed to be the de facto leader of the same traditional Mereneese interests that the Harpies are fighting for. They can maybe spin it as he was just a pawn in somebody's larger play all along, somebody the conspirators used to get close to Dany and then sacrificed, but that will have no resonance as a twist because they have no other notable Mereneese characters in play. Some new character popping up in the next episode with a 'IT WAS ME BITCH' would be a limp dick reveal with no real significance behind it. And it would still feel like most of what happened with Hizdar this season was just treading water, even more so since it would've made more sense to just have him be the leader of the Harpies in the first place.

But then the staging of the attack was kinda nonsensical as a whole too. At certain points they were just stabbing random bystanders for no clear reason, so who the fuck knows what they're thinking.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

The Afronaut wrote:Man...yo boy George R.R. dont give a fuck about your feelings/emotions. I mean that was worse than the red wedding.

Didn't help that they had those scenes right before with her being sweeter/cuter/smarter than Curly Sue, the Pepsi girl and Punky Brewster combined.

George R.R. to the world: Fuck yo feelins

Oh and... I was glad they killed off DangerMouse. Dude was annoying and Khaleesi's fuck buddy coulda got murked in the maylay as well and I would've been pleased. How annoying was that dude last night?

No way was that worse than the Red Wedding, which was a total surprise and a legit shock. I figured the burning was a forgone conclusion after last episode. Just more of the shitty "ISN'T THIS SHOCKING AND HORRIBLE" writing that's been all over this season.

And agreed on DM getting shanked, that was one of the highlights of the season. I got a giggle out of that scene.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

there were a whole lotta cuts to audience reactions during the fights as if the editors were like "holy shit the choreography during these fights is terrible"

khaleesi flying off on the dragon fx were on some "never ending story" shit.

i thought the hand hold cut was supposed to be more symbolic of "he's finally back on the team" didn't even think about the greyscale transmission. would be a real shitty way for sir friendzone to accidentally kill the queen.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

guys,

one of the 3 main characters of this show, who literally survived being burned alive and brought magic back into the world,

who may literally be humanity's last hope,

is not gonna die because she briefly touched a leper

seagrams hotsauce

^for real what the fuck you guys. 907 what hath you wrought

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Stannis just chilling in the background too. Going show up next week like.

What happened?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

i told you guys GoT wiki says that to contract grayscale you either have to have direct contact to the affected area or swallow a nut from a scaly dick. if jorah doesn't get at least a BJ for saving khaleesi's life when even darrio harris wasn't hip then i'm not watching this show anymore. but she might spit so there's still a chance she makes it.

@samdoom i like your theory but it doesn't make sense why they woula cut up their homeboy. my read is that he was an honest guy. probably will be left a mystery tho.

btw i was really feeling the vibe of the imperial court. tyrion dangermouse ^darrio khaleesi missandrei lined up, having fun convos. wish we coulda got smore of that before the harp block.

i think danerys is gonna roam the countryside finding her inner spirit dragon. not sure what'll happen in mereen but imo darrio harris is de facto in charge, and he's gonna merk the masters. at some point dany will come back and she'll be ready to go HAM, riding all three dragons into westeros/wiping out the entire civilization of slaver's bay.

i think arya is gonna pose as a child prostitute in order to kill the pedo, but then realize that she kinda likes it and then just go for the bang. then regret it afterwards and kill him.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Post by 907 »

My bad, I was under the impression that touching anyone/thing with greyscale spread the shit, as that's what has been implied so far in the show.

How were they not frisking dudes for giant gold masks or weapons on the way into that stadium? Seems like something you'd want to be looking out for.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

seagrams hotsauce

Now that's a good point. Did bells not ring when people started putting those things on? Shit, if modern day cops started cracking skulls at OWS when people put on V for Vendetta masks, you'd think these draconian motherfuckers would start shanking these dudes the second they pulled one of these gaudy ass things out. No one's a little suspicious of like a hundred guys showing up to the Coliseum dressed in eight burlap sacks in the middle of summer?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

I for one am also shocked that a fantasy coliseum where slaves fight to the death does not adhere to the same door policies as a rap concert at the Meadowlands. I bet you the cup bearers weren't carding on those Dornish red pours either smh

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

i'm chalking it up to they're sneaky

re: why did they kill random civilians? imo just to spread terror. they want to make the former slaves fear the harpy.

the lesson danerys should learn from this is 'no mercy'. if she had rounded up the masters and burned them shit would be gravy. talking bout breaking the wheel. break these slaveowners first imo.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

intuition wrote: khaleesi flying off on the dragon fx were on some "never ending story" shit.
Exactly.
The flying dog actually looks like Khaleesi though.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Does Arya have some history with the kid fucker in Bravos? I can't keep track of all this shit.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Blockhead wrote:Does Arya have some history with the kid fucker in Bravos? I can't keep track of all this shit.
he's on her kill list, i think he killed Syrio at the very least and probably others

btw, anybody notice one of the dudes in the pit fighting Jorah was a waterdancer? first time we've seen one irl aside from Syrio and Arya, he even had the skinny sward. was kind of a let down tbh but then again pretty much every fight this season aside from the attack in the last ep has been ranging from meh to awful.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Arya's sales pitch when she's pushing those clams is mad hypnotic

that shit is ringing in mah head
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

seagrams hotsauce wrote:No way was that worse than the Red Wedding, which was a total surprise and a legit shock. I figured the burning was a forgone conclusion after last episode. Just more of the shitty "ISN'T THIS SHOCKING AND HORRIBLE" writing that's been all over this season.
I agree. Maybe I'm Not doing apples to apples here. So lemme try this...yes there was no surprise to Grayscale Brewster's death, but somehow it felt worse. You've pretty much known since she came on the scene that it wouldn't end well for her, but to hear her screaming as she was burned alive? Heartstrings pulled. Which is hella impressive on a show where I been numbed any potential heartstrings...or so I thought.
Last edited by The Afronaut on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

capable_keL wrote:Arya's sales pitch when she's pushing those clams is mad hypnotic

that shit is ringing in mah head
:lol:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

a few too many predictable moments but still wtf. glad everyone is happy to see dangermouse go. when they started picking on him and he continued to act smug i knew he would get got soon. Former Treme heroin addict Daario getting a puffed head and is coming off like a d-bag lately. when khaleesi hoped on her wounded dragon i thought that was cool, then i was like, she just left all her people alone for possibly more snuffing.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

pay close attention to the battle and you'll see that the unsullied clearly won. they were outnumbered at first but the dragon scattered the harpies and killed a bunch. then at the end after she's flown off you can see some unsullied standing around bleeding/chillin.

+someone said the 3 white dudes are maxing/relaxing in next ep's trailer
1. Nas
2. Drake

seagrams hotsauce

That's what I took away too. After they circled around the dragon and mask bros started attacking them like it was Arkham Asylum I had a feeling they were coming out on top.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

drizzle wrote:And Dorne... wtf... If Jaime and Bronn just roll home with the girl and the prince without further incident this will officially become one of the worst subplots of any show ever. Down there with Gay Vito and Super Nadine.
without further incident? not likely. whoever goes back (probably a sizeable dorne contingent, maybe wheelchair man himself, with jaime and bronn in tow as pseudo-prisoners) will be returning to a king's landing turned upside down by the religious nuts, cersei starving in jail, etc. whatever dornish are there will be pulled into the new king's landing power dynamic as the dornish are world-renowned sinners, jaime will be jailed for sister sex, etc. that is, unless they somehow get word of what has happened before they return.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

drizzle wrote:The Harpies randomly deciding to kill one of their implied leaders/planners half way through the assassination because it looks like their plan is gonna work doesn't really make sense. Especially considering that this dude is supposed to be the de facto leader of the same traditional Mereneese interests that the Harpies are fighting for. They can maybe spin it as he was just a pawn in somebody's larger play all along, somebody the conspirators used to get close to Dany and then sacrificed, but that will have no resonance as a twist because they have no other notable Mereneese characters in play. Some new character popping up in the next episode with a 'IT WAS ME BITCH' would be a limp dick reveal with no real significance behind it. And it would still feel like most of what happened with Hizdar this season was just treading water, even more so since it would've made more sense to just have him be the leader of the Harpies in the first place.

But then the staging of the attack was kinda nonsensical as a whole too. At certain points they were just stabbing random bystanders for no clear reason, so who the fuck knows what they're thinking.
yes, the whole harpy subplot is not clear. if they are they in support of the way things were, then they must be allied with the masters, correct? then why were they attacking what appeared to be well-dressed bystanders in the fighting stadium? and if their ultimate goal is to assassinate the queen, but they have trouble getting close to her because of the guards, why not learn how to use a bow and arrow instead of sneaking around with a knife and a gold mask on?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

djjeffresh wrote:
drizzle wrote:And Dorne... wtf... If Jaime and Bronn just roll home with the girl and the prince without further incident this will officially become one of the worst subplots of any show ever. Down there with Gay Vito and Super Nadine.
without further incident? not likely. whoever goes back (probably a sizeable dorne contingent, maybe wheelchair man himself, with jaime and bronn in tow as pseudo-prisoners) will be returning to a king's landing turned upside down by the religious nuts, cersei starving in jail, etc. whatever dornish are there will be pulled into the new king's landing power dynamic as the dornish are world-renowned sinners, jaime will be jailed for sister sex, etc. that is, unless they somehow get word of what has happened before they return.
i have a feeling that something's gonna go down in king's landing before they get back.... ie frankenmountain gonna smash some sparrows..... fuck sparrows are so gay
1. Nas
2. Drake

Post by 907 »

drizzle wrote:I for one am also shocked that a fantasy coliseum where slaves fight to the death does not adhere to the same door policies as a rap concert at the Meadowlands. I bet you the cup bearers weren't carding on those Dornish red pours either smh

It shouldn't be that hard to see if a guy has a giant helmet on him or not, it doesn't require a metal detector.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
djjeffresh wrote:
i have a feeling that something's gonna go down in king's landing before they get back.... ie frankenmountain gonna smash some sparrows..... fuck sparrows are so gay
The maester is going to be dispatched to check on the Queen Mother's well being and Cersi is going to give word to unleash the Frankenmountain. The only problem is hes uncontrollable and ends up killing Cersi as well as merking all the sparrows. Marjorie is killed by a sparrow in the chaos, Tomen commits suicide as he is unconsolable which leaves Sir Pounce to sit upon the Iron Throne.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^that's a ill prophecy. given that none of these characters have anywhere to go.... i'm hopeful.

frankenmountain>>>dragons
1. Nas
2. Drake

Versive

Post by Versive »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote: ps. gay vito was a landmark moment in television history...
I don't know about all this, BUT it was an important piece of character development for Tony and definitely not a total waste, gratuitous MM sex scenes not withstanding. Also furthered tension between NJ and NY crews.

I like this season. :megaman:

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

sopranos had one gay character. GoT has: -renly -flower knight -flower knight's bf -oberyn

and a couple of the sand snakes might be dykes. without gay vito, there are no gay characters on tv, no gay marriage, and anderson cooper would have lost his job once he got outed.

#progress
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:without gay vito, there are no gay characters on tv,

Ramen