Game Of Thrones S6

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

wheels

Re: Game Of Thrones S6

Post by wheels »

Yeah I mean, the kid is on the wall for a handful of months and says "for the watch" when he stabs Jon. Like bitch, what do you know about it? From Thorne I get it, but it seemed like Ollie was just a bandwagon turncoat and didn't really know wtf he was talking about.

Somebody should list all the major characters who have unresolved storylines for us, so we can all marvel at what a giant mess this is right now.

Doesn't mean I don't love it.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

considering what Ollie had gone through in the past, I'm not mad he is claiming the Watch. A month on the wall equals a year anywhere else. Plus he was mad young and had to grow up quick or else he was dead. He lived for the wall and died for the wall like a man.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

The Afronaut wrote:Wow. I seriously did not realize folks hated him so much.
Killing him off wasn't just part of the plot, it was hilariously brutal piece of fan service by writers who know their audience. The coup against Jon involved a bunch of people, not just the top 3 and Ollie. Thorne also had a shitload of supporters who may or may not have been involved, since Jon is pretty divisive at this point. So the fact that the show went of it's way to show just the 3 top dudes and Ollie being killed is def not an accident.

As far as direwolves, Ghost is not the last one left. Or he shouldn't be at least, there should be one more that could potentially play a role in this season and maybe even a bigger and cooler role in the endgame (if the writers don't fuck it up).
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

wheels

Post by wheels »

But how does he know what's best for the watch? He can claim it all he wants but his opinion means fuck all compared to Jon's

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Ollie is just a dumb flyover state Alliser Trump supporter shitting on urbane and progressive wildling rights activist Jon Snow

Can we talk about how Alliser went out like a G though? the whole 'have fun being fucked for eternity' thing was real as fuck

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

wildlings killed his family so he felt jon betrayed etc. imo he was not conflicted. unless you count being a lil fag as conflicted (sexually)

re direwolves: bran still has one no? and arya's one ran off into the wilderness, might pop up. 3/6 still alive
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

drizzle wrote: Can we talk about how Alliser went out like a G though? the whole 'have fun being fucked for eternity' thing was real as fuck
opposite of his lil bald homie who begged for mercy. was hoping we'd see him+carl decapitated tho
1. Nas
2. Drake

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Tommy Bunz wrote::lol: Can't lie I was also upset about the wolf.
I think the reason people are mad at another direwolf being dead isn't some emotional attachment, its because of how depressingly underutilized they have been this entire series. They haven't gotten to fuck up near as much shit as they should have, and they keep killing them off without any fanfare. Is Ghost the last one left? Kinda :omgracist: yo
Bran's wolf is still with him and Arya let her's loose in season 1.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Kid watches his family murdered by Wildlings
Somehow managed to make it to the Nights Watch
Fought in a crazy ass battle on their side
Found a new father figure in Jon Snow, who is actually the one who "betrayed" the oath of the Nights watch.
New father figure betrays HIM
He has to make painful decision and stabs the "traitor" with tears in his eyes.
At the end he goes out like a soldier

But yes, FUCK him, cause you know, we (as in all viewers) love Jon Snow so much, objectivity in this capacity is near impossible.

The reason this sticks in my craw as it were is that GoT is like the last show people should be like that about. The whole show illustrates the impact of perspective, yet people still get behind the dashing leading man. Just weird to me.

Drizz is right about Allister btw. Great last words. Great scene in general.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote: re direwolves: bran still has one no? and arya's one ran off into the wilderness, might pop up. 3/6 still alive
Word, I realized that he wasn't the last one left after I thought about it was too late to :icedit:

There's some speculation that the wolf head wasn't actually Shaggy Dog and was a fake and all some part of a ploy to retake Winterfell and that's why dude refused to swear his loyalty or whatever.
Seems flimsy since he did turn in Rickon with the head but its a possibility.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

points in favour:
-he won't bend the knee cause doesn't want to break an oath
-the north remembers
-minor foreshadowing "your hold on winterfell will never be secure as long as a stark can walk through the gates"

rickon walked through the gates? am i overanalysing? found this on reddit

points against:
-he handed over rickon. highly HIGHLY suspect. but people don't seem to realize ramsay tortures+kills people, but still -- handing over the last legit stark child is playing your biggest card. fwiw i think ramsay will first attempt to ransom/bargain using rickon (if he's smart) -- remember he tried this with theon first.
1. Nas
2. Drake

wheels

Post by wheels »

The watch was never meant to fight off wildlings, right? It was set up to guard everything south of the wall against the others. I can see how that might get lost over the millennia, but everybody should have heard about Hardhome by now, and you'd think they would be losing their collective shit over how they're going to defend the wall. For such a significant event it didn't really get mentioned as much as I thought, and guys like Thorne didnt seem to care at all

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

The Others are still a mythical thing, even for a lot of the NW. They know that shit is out there somewhere, but the wildlings have been a much bigger problem for them in the last several centuries, a real enemy they've been scrapping with constantly that just tried to lead an army on the wall. And just slightly further south, people don't even believe in the Others anymore. So that's why the watch is so divided over the wildlings and Umbers might be legitimately freaking out about them, they seem like a more real and pressing threat.

I don't remember the exact details, but I think the others might not actually be able to get past the wall unless it's torn down. There's some magic in it blocking them or some shit. Did the show mention Mace's horn, I don't remember. That thing is supposed to be able to break the wall/undo the magic.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

jon snow is basically a white walker now. "lord snow" brought back from the dead, bitter at the world cause his girl croaked+he had to off the lil homie..... leading an army south for revenge..... possibly impervious to cold since he just gave away his coat...... has a bad ass scar too........ we know there's a spot in the white walker crew cause he opened it up..

i have fulfilled all of my prophecies, i'm up to date on all of my predictions, my train is running on time.

new predictions:
-jon snow bangs sansa (we know he likes redheads) and probably also danerys
-sandsnakes get toasted by dragons
-slaveowners get toasted by dragons
-cersei turns her trial by bernie into a trial by combat
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

The trial by combat is inevitable now that she's got Robert Skrong on deck. The really interesting thing is who the Faith Militant gonna call from their side. I'm wondering if the spolier about the Hound being still alive and nursed back to health by a septon is really true, then he might be the one.

BTW the sandsnakes, if anything, are gonna join up with Danny, no reason for them to get toasted by dragons at all. Dorne has always been anti-Lannister and I think the only kingdom to hold off against the first Targaryan invasion or some such. And they murdered the prince specifically because he wasn't beefing with King's Landing hard enough. Only logical that Dorne might become a staging ground for Danny's invasion if it ever actually comes.

wheels

Post by wheels »

drizzle wrote:The Others are still a mythical thing, even for a lot of the NW. They know that shit is out there somewhere, but the wildlings have been a much bigger problem for them in the last several centuries, a real enemy they've been scrapping with constantly that just tried to lead an army on the wall. And just slightly further south, people don't even believe in the Others anymore. So that's why the watch is so divided over the wildlings and Umbers might be legitimately freaking out about them, they seem like a more real and pressing threat.

I don't remember the exact details, but I think the others might not actually be able to get past the wall unless it's torn down. There's some magic in it blocking them or some shit. Did the show mention Mace's horn, I don't remember. That thing is supposed to be able to break the wall/undo the magic.
That horn is supposed to be able to bring the wall down, which shouldn't be a problem if you let the wildlings through. Plus, in the show Mace is dead, so I'm not sure who has it. The magic keeps the others from climbing over it, but does the wall go all the way across? What if the others get a boat? That would be unfortunate.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^werd that's a better dorne theory actually. girl power!

re trial: i was picturing the dude murdering judges & shit. bro v bro is more poetic i guess.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Show gonna end and Dany still gonna be in the desert.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

drizzle wrote:The trial by combat is inevitable now that she's got Robert Skrong on deck. The really interesting thing is who the Faith Militant gonna call from their side. I'm wondering if the spolier about the Hound being still alive and nursed back to health by a septon is really true, then he might be the one.
I feel like they might re-do a Loras/Mountain battle and Loras fucks him up, and then fucks him in the dead butt. Always thought the Hound would come back too via being stumbled upon by the brotherhood and brought back since those guys are just wandering around everywhere anyways and they respect him. Mountain v. Hound would ultimately be one of the biggest payoffs this show has ever had tho, so I hope that turns out to be the case.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Faith Militant is gonna call up a dude they accused of heinous shit and locked in a cell, to fight FOR them? cmon son

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

maybe they brainwashed/buttfucked/buttwashed/brainfucked him. he should pop up at some point i hope. i mean marjory is still alive maybe he is.
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

actually maybe if they just offer to free or even simply go easy on him and Marj in return for fighting, that might be something

would be interesting too because it would drive a potential rift between Tommen and Cercei... Yung Tom seemed to warm up to the Sparrow in their scene, and Marj got him hooked on that good power U

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

worth noting that the flower knight defeated the mountain in the season 1 jousting tournament. still, there's no way be beats zombie mountain in a death match.

frankenmountain crushes flowers, hound later returns to bring justice.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

would mark if the hound comes back, one of the best characters on the show.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

drizzle wrote:actually maybe if they just offer to free or even simply go easy on him and Marj in return for fighting, that might be something

would be interesting too because it would drive a potential rift between Tommen and Cercei... Yung Tom seemed to warm up to the Sparrow in their scene, and Marj got him hooked on that good power U
Yes, that's more the angle I was seeing. The whole trial by combat shit has always been way fucking bogus to me tho tbh. Like how many fucking times in this show were we like, "ohhhh shit he fucked!" and then they were just like, "nm trial by combat," leaving us like oh -__- It is a pretty fucking lame ass law anyways. Basically whoever is the most badass huge motherfucker (or has control of him) can get away with anything forever. :arrow:

wheels

Post by wheels »

Well the "courts" seem to be corrupt as fuck so it's just as good as anything else in the Westeros judicial system. I forget what they had Tyrion on trial for, but without Bronn he would have been a goner for no real reason

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Cat Stark thought the Lannisters tried to kill Bran and seized Tyrion to stand trial for it, effectively kickstarting a chain of events that led to the war of 5 kings and tons of other shit that happened

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

and now it begins.
1. Nas
2. Drake

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

wheels wrote:Well the "courts" seem to be corrupt as fuck so it's just as good as anything else in the Westeros judicial system. I forget what they had Tyrion on trial for, but without Bronn he would have been a goner for no real reason
Cat found out the dagger used to try and assassinate Bran belonged to Tyrion (which, I'm sure, it did, since they were trying to murder him.) So like, as much as I like the lil guy, he definitely deserved to get proper fucked and this trial by combat shit fucked up again. In fact, as sir driz pointed out, that pretty much started this entire shit show. The fucking trial by combat is responsible for reigning in the fucking apocalypse. Fuck trial by combat.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

siLLy KiD wrote:
wheels wrote:Well the "courts" seem to be corrupt as fuck so it's just as good as anything else in the Westeros judicial system. I forget what they had Tyrion on trial for, but without Bronn he would have been a goner for no real reason
Cat found out the dagger used to try and assassinate Bran belonged to Tyrion (which, I'm sure, it did, since they were trying to murder him.) So like, as much as I like the lil guy, he definitely deserved to get proper fucked and this trial by combat shit fucked up again. In fact, as sir driz pointed out, that pretty much started this entire shit show. The fucking trial by combat is responsible for reigning in the fucking apocalypse. Fuck trial by combat.
wasn't his dagger tho

not gonna spoil it in case the show mentions it, but the real truth of who sent that dude after bran and how that truth is then used by/affects the people to know it is pretty awesome. it's actually one of RR's most nuanced character moments and of course there's some ill plots within plots shit associated with it.