Game Of Thrones S6

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Re: Game Of Thrones S6

Post by drizzle »

its' goofy because it's a powerful emotional character moment in an episode that also had about a dozen dumb plot details and inconsistencies. which is to be expected from a show that now seems poised to just jump from big moment to big moment without bothering with the details too much

the medium itself is actually very powerful here - on page this sequence of events might be a result of a more detailed or logical build up or motivations be better explained or we might gain a better insight into teh characters from internal monologue, but you'll probably never get the same visceral OHSHIT feeling from reading all that as you had by the time credits rolled
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

So am I the only one thats pissed they killed off another direwolf for no fucking reason?
It didn't even get a cool death, just jumped in a pile of zombies and got stabbed up and whimpered.

wheels

Post by wheels »

I think those wolves are pain in the ass for the show people and they're killing them off as fast as they can to get them out of the way.

All we have left is Ghost and Nymeria, right?

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

drizzle :lol:

is there anything you don't hate

please say "you keen"

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

of course I don't hate you, you've been one of the best people on here since day 1

I don't hate this show either, I enjoy it tremendously. I just don't understand why the secret magic cave under the magic tree had an ornately carved back door, or several other crucial details that would lead to DJ Hodor dying at said door.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Tommy Bunz wrote:So am I the only one thats pissed they killed off another direwolf for no fucking reason?
It didn't even get a cool death, just jumped in a pile of zombies and got stabbed up and whimpered.
it bothered me too. The wolf didn't have to die in that scene, it's life gave them another 10 seconds at most
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

bran+meera+wolf would be a dope crew, but without the wolf they are vulnerable.....

#1 crew rn: obv dany. when she gets reunited she has the two top advisors in the game, 3 generals, and sexy genocidal missandei...... plus new girl riri and the dosh khaleen (possible) witch........ not to mention two armies....... and 3 dragons wtf OP

#2 crew: jon sansa davos brienne thormund redtits wolf (sansa & brienne might split off i guess?) + bran pulling some long distance magic tricks for them?
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Can someone fill me in on the Blackwater story line? I recognize old creeper dude from the twins that set up Rob, and the guy they brought in at the end that was his wedding, but I don't remember who that guy really is or how he's related. Pretty much the whole spiel goin on down there. Fucking dope episode though. Lot of new interesting story lines opening up and a lot of lame ones seemingly coming to an end.

binary

Post by binary »

How corny is this Khaleesi shit gonna get? Everything else was dope though, but goddamn that shit is getting tiring.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

binary wrote:How corny is this Khaleesi shit gonna get? Everything else was dope though, but goddamn that shit is getting tiring.
yea man, my first reaction was "we've already seen this speech before".
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

:lol: as soon as it ended i was like "drizzle is fucking furious right now"

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Came here to shit on the whole Khaleesi speech. Nice to see I don't have to.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

would be pretty shitty if Dany assumed the throne when it was all settled, considering how terrible her storyline has been.

binary

Post by binary »

Ramen wrote:would be pretty shitty if Dany assumed the throne when it was all settled, considering how terrible her storyline has been.
Seriously.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Is that Jaime Lannister on the throne?
Did Bran or the old Raven make the Mad King go mad by warging into the past and that's why he was obsessed with stockpiling wildfire?
So many questions.
So sick of Fat Sam and Gillie. Was hoping his dad was going to get to murk them both.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

Tommy Bunz wrote: Is that Jaime Lannister on the throne?
looks like it. that would make sense since jaime is the one who killed the mad king right?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

thekeentwo wrote::lol: as soon as it ended i was like "drizzle is fucking furious right now"
can't believe how badly they botched the money shot of her flying out and the rest of that scene

if your audience has to just kinda assume that your protagonist is on the back of the dragon your direction sucks shit

pretty chill episode otherwise, glad they fucking finally settled the Benjen thing. we gotta find the shot by shot brakedown of Bran's vision, I think they showed new shit in there. cool to see Jaime kill the king, will be wildly pissed if they really go through with the Mad King brainwarg nonsense

Riverlands byke, and they mentioned the Brotherhood for the first time in years ..... HMMMM I WONDER WHAT THEY'RE BUILDING TO

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

drizzle wrote:we gotta find the shot by shot brakedown of Bran's vision,
http://imgur.com/gallery/5WMdv/new" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

CarlosDelgothoes wrote:
http://imgur.com/gallery/5WMdv/new" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dani dragonmouth

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Tommy Bunz wrote: Is that Jaime Lannister on the throne?
Did Bran or the old Raven make the Mad King go mad by warging into the past and that's why he was obsessed with stockpiling wildfire?
So many questions.
So sick of Fat Sam and Gillie. Was hoping his dad was going to get to murk them both.
-i thought it was cooler imagining what the mad king looked like vs seeing him in a flashback

-i'm stoked to see what happens next in aria's storyline with her girl nemesis.

-dragon ending was poorly done, not sure wth happened there

-i thoroughly enjoyed the long sam/gilly sequence and how it ended in particular

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Still laughing about Drogon being parked around the corner.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

CarlosDelgothoes wrote:
so is the bloody hand the only thing that seems to be a mystery? or am I missing what that is? the rest of the images were either already shown or are pretty clear based on the exposition and foreshadowing on the show

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

yea the bloody hand is the only one that isn't obvious.

there's some speculation the images of wildfire explosion are foreshadowing like the dragon shadow thing

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

bloody hand mebbe Lyanna Stark's dying during childbirth?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

People seem to think the bloody hand is L+R=J related

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

drizzle wrote:yea the bloody hand is the only one that isn't obvious.

there's some speculation the images of wildfire explosion are foreshadowing like the dragon shadow thing
ok. so the wildfire explosion didn't happen in the blackwater episode? and the dragon shadow didn't happen at any point already? too much to keep up with.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^could be the wildfire the mad king ignited. jaime told brienne about this in the hot tub.

bloody hand=ned performing emergency c-section on lyanna to rescue him & lyanna's incest baby: jon snow ;)
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

two eps ago danyres solidified her grassroots support among the dothraki proletariat. this ep she had to gain the loyalty of mid-level management. these guys are gonna be important to a smoothly functioning war machine. the game of thrones is all about logistics.

couldn't tell for a minute that dany was actually riding the dragon. maybe it was sposed to be a dramatic reveal?
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

the wildfire was stored in various caches under King's Landing, the mad king wanted to blow up the whole city instead of handing it over to Robert. That's why Jaime killed him. The stores are still there under the city, the speculations are that the vision shot showed them blowing up at some later date, perhaps while the dragon is over King's Landing which is that shadow shot that I think was previously in some other prophesy.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^i missed the dragon over king's landing shot. woa.

most of those events we've seen/heard about before, so i'm thinking bran's vision is to tie them together and show they're the important plot points to the end game.

anyone got ideas on what sam jr is for? he was sposed to become a white walker. so is he gonna become.... the opposite?
1. Nas
2. Drake