Game Of Thrones S6

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Jayou Ayen

Re: Game Of Thrones S6

Post by Jayou Ayen »

You guys are fucking stupid.
Sam has killed white walkers, and now he's going to learn how to kill them en masse.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Philaflava wrote:How did Cersei give birth to such weak bitches? Only time Tommen showed heart.
incest

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Blockhead wrote:Lyanna stark was ned's sister, right? Dumb question, I know...
Yes.

Re: time/travel - I think it's best to assume that just because scenes are shown in the same episode, doesn't mean they are taking place at the same time. Just accept that all of these things HAVE happened at some point in time. There's too much going on in this show for them to try to keep things linear in terms of days or even weeks. Some stuff lines up time-wise, but it's best to just accept that it all happened. Still furious about the face swapping though. :omar:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

^^ That's all fine if the show was/will be written in a way that actually reflect the difference in time periods

So if Danny shows up in Westeros next season after a significant amount of shit has happened since the explosion, that's smart and makes a ton of sense.

But if we see Jaime and Cercei still sorting out the aftermath and then a raven comes with 'yo you'll never guess who just pulled up down South'.... that's pretty retarded

this show has not been very strong on making this kind of sense recently, but we'll see
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

drizzle wrote:
Ramen wrote:also can we talk about how Lyanna Stark wasn't really a great beauty
SHOCKING EXPOSE: THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN OF WESTEROS CAUGHT WITHOUT MAKEUP

have a heart man, the poor woman was 2 seconds away from dying after the baby apparently carved it's way out with a dull razor or something
you could tell she wack tho, I mean 1,000s died because of her i think its a fair critique.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

^Maybe that pussy was fire tho.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Did Bobby even smash?

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Blockhead wrote:Lyanna stark was ned's sister, right? Dumb question, I know...
That is correct. Thought it was weird she called him "older brother", but I guess the show is so far off the books I shouldn't be.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

She is younger than him in the books too

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Finale was fun and all but felt like they are blowing their load way too early.
The Starks have the North.
Dany has a massive fucking army, and now just got the Tyrells and the Martells to join her side just for the fuck of it?
And with the Boltons dead and Arya killing off all the Freys, who do the Lannisters even have left on their side?
The whole show has been building to a massive fight for the throne but is there anyone left to actually have one? The Lannisters should be beaten handedly at this point.
I doubt the showrunners have the balls or the finesse to actually pit the Starks against Daenerys.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

The show hasn't been building to a battle for the throne, it's been building to fighting the walkers with dragons, hence the Song of Fire And Ice. The futility of squabbling over titles and lines of succession and personal grievances is the underlying irony of all this. In the bigger picture, it was mostly all for nothing. Cercei's title is a great demonstration of this. It's annoying the show didn't devote more time to the fallout of the explosion and her powergrab, but we can just assume she grabbed it on the strength of her name/position, her spies and her giantass zombie. But it's not really clear how far her power actually extends in practical terms (this is where the lack of follow-through is really hurting the narrative). Even if we take it at face value that she's a queen now, she's got nothing. Lannisters are broke, and so is the crown. They likely have only a small army left, considering they've been heavily relying on Tyrell's numbers. No significant allies north or south. She's got the title but basically nothing else. She might not even be able to really leave the city, or even the Red Keep, since it's fair to guess at least a few people might be upset about her blowing up half the town and a bunch of nobles. And even if there's some clever twist that fortifies their position, a new ally or something (maybe Euron?), the Lannisters are pretty much fucked. In the scope of the story, Cercei's last act is to be a miniboss for Danny to fight before she realizes the real battle is up north (or on her way North or whatever).

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Yah, as much as I wanna believe Cersei has some sort of plan, I think she's so caught up in just beating her opponents that she doesn't really care about anything else. I mean even if she gets killed next episode and see's it coming, it would still make sense for her character. Everything in her prophecy has come true aside from her getting choked out, so she knows death is coming anyways. She was about to get sentenced to death and/or humiliated again too, so might as well go out sittin on that throne, if even for a little bit.

Looking forward to a potential big sea battle next season though if brother Greyjoy runs into Danny on her way over, or maybe a sea dragon/creature or some shit would be dope too.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

it's not really too early considering they said there planning on only like 13-15 more episodes total.

Cersei blew up the last of the Tyrell's and the sand snakes still mad about Oberyn. Everyone out for blood now.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

siLLy KiD wrote: Looking forward to a potential big sea battle next season though if brother Greyjoy runs into Danny on her way over, or maybe a sea dragon/creature or some shit would be dope too.
oh man have you seen the Eldritch Apocalypse theory? it's my new favorite batshit prediction

this is built a lot of very circumstantial details but the main idea is that the Drowned God is real and is some sort of giant kraken or cthulu-ish thing and Euron is either gonna summon him by accident or on purpose and he's gonna wreak shit all over south westeros and become the 3rd major thread along with dragons and white walkers

not a chance in hell of all that happening but I love the idea of trying to build some realpolitik strategies around the presence of a giant sea monster

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

I dunno man, maybe not that devastating, but I feel having D land at Westeros with a fully charged army plus Tyrell's and Martell's on board, that would just make for too big of a wipe out. Those legs definitely need to get taken out a little before she gets there. That being said, bring on the fucking seaman! :pause:

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Haven't seen anyone make this joke so I will: lines of succession, and basically the old way of doing things, went out the window with Tommen.

This is a transitory time.

Edit: love the Eldricht Apocalypse theory. Way more likely to happen in the books, but would love to see/read it.

Post by 907 »

Stoned Starks wrote:Haven't seen anyone make this joke so I will: lines of succession, and basically the old way of doing things, went out the window with Tommen.

This is a transitory time.

Edit: love the Eldricht Apocalypse theory. Way more likely to happen in the books, but would love to see/read it.

He truly had a King's Landing.

Made the red keep even more red?
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

jon crowned KOTN

cersei did 9/11

dany sails for d-day

sam gets a library card....

was hoping the wall would come down...
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

stop wasting money on dragons. we know she has them and can ride them.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Willie B wrote:stop wasting money on dragons. we know she has them and can ride them.
are you nuts, we've been waiting 6+ years for this shit to look as cool as the attack on the ships in the bey did

some good obscure details from the finale pointed out, better than usual Buzzfeed shit. the little details linked to the intro in particular were dope

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguillaume ... .skZzqL21k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

season 7 directors revealed

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/29/ga ... s-season-7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

read the dunk and egg series over the last couple days, pretty fun stuff. hopefully GRMM releases more of them.

Post by 907 »

drizzle wrote:
Willie B wrote:stop wasting money on dragons. we know she has them and can ride them.
are you nuts, we've been waiting 6+ years for this shit to look as cool as the attack on the ships in the bey did

some good obscure details from the finale pointed out, better than usual Buzzfeed shit. the little details linked to the intro in particular were dope

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguillaume ... .skZzqL21k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tried to come up with a good slavers/dragons Bey-once joke, I've nothing though.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

wheels

Post by wheels »

One more season, rumor is 15 episodes

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

I believe there's actually 2 more seasons, but both will be shortened for a total of approximately 15 remaining episodes

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

dinesh and gilfoyle would definitely be reppin house frey.