Game Of Thrones S6

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

naturalborn103

Re: Game Of Thrones S6

Post by naturalborn103 »

I think only thing important from them is getting that sword.

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

the nerve of this fuck - http://moviepilot.com/posts/3948033" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

at this point i'd rather watch an entire series based on Dorne than another season of Walking Dead

it's like bitchass Carl grew up to be the guy who wrote him (which would actually be a pretty decent twist that I could fuck with)
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

man too bad Ian McShane didn't have a larger role.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

shit was like the perfect 16 bars tho.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

This was a good set up for the final act of the season. The next few episodes should be pretty epic.

So ready to see FrankenMountain start squashing sparrows next week.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Disappointed with the Mcshaning bigtime

they could've used him so much better, either in this role or in others (he would've made the perfect Euron), it's baffling they gave him like 3 lines and killed him off. his big speech was just a gnarlier retread of the High Sparrow's speech to Margeary. I was wondering why these peaceful normal people are just sitting there soulfully nodding along to 'so back in the day i would've basically killed any one of you under orders I didn't even care to understand, but then one day I was like IDK MAYBE THIS IS TOO MUCH'.

this whole Hound thing was played like they're about to give him his own Cinemax spinoff done in the style of Sons Of Anarchy (especially that end scene). blunt and dumb and out of tune with what this show is supposed to be about, but fun to watch too.

which is frustrating because Marge vs Septon scheming, Lady Oleanna ripping on Cercei, and Jaime in the Riverlands was all really great, reminded me heavily of the best stuff from season 2 and 3. Crafty maneuvering, strong power moves, good character building, etc....

the North stuff was pretty good too, calling on LilFinger was a foregone conclusion but I like that the show took time to give you an idea of who is allied with who is and put a little texture and tension in the Sansa/Jon relationship

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

drizzle wrote:calling this right now
we're gonna see Stoneheart this season
the only real clue I have is some scattered web news about Thoros possibly making an appearance in this season, but I got a feeling
this is 10000% guaranteed at this point right? there's like 3 separate plot lines going towards this now, and 2 of them look like they're gonna converge in the next episode
I thought the shot of Pod getting grabbed by the neck in the trailer for next ep was clever foreshadowing but might be overthinking this

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Also the new Lady of Bear Island is a G, Salsa and Snow can't even negotiate with a damn kid. :lol:

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

Can someone explain to me how Arya got stabbed mad times in the stomach (and I thought slit across the chest/throat at first) and was able to get away with minimal issues? I thought last night's episode was decent but like most of this season's episodes, left me looking forward to the next episode(s) than enjoying the one i'm watching.

CarlosDelgothoes

drizzle wrote:Disappointed with the Mcshaning bigtime

they could've used him so much better, either in this role or in others (he would've made the perfect Euron), it's baffling they gave him like 3 lines and killed him off. his big speech was just a gnarlier retread of the High Sparrow's speech to Margeary. I was wondering why these peaceful normal people are just sitting there soulfully nodding along to 'so back in the day i would've basically killed any one of you under orders I didn't even care to understand, but then one day I was like IDK MAYBE THIS IS TOO MUCH'.
pretty much

only thing i can think of is the story he told about killing the kid is hella significant and gonna get blown up.

like its the reason he and everyone else was slaughtered

by someone who had her kid killed

or something

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

read that he only wanted to do 1 episode so that was pretty much written for him in mind.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

this is the big speech the analogous character Septon Maribald gives in the book (I changed known character names to XXXX and YYYY so there's no accidental spoilers). he could've killed this with the Swearingen delivery and gave great context to what's actually happening in the riverlands after the war. Instead they just used him as a throwaway motivator for the Hound.
"Ser? My lady?" said XXXXXX. "Is a broken man an outlaw?"

"More or less," YYYYYY answered.

Septon Meribald disagreed. "More less than more. There are many sorts of outlaws, just as there are many sorts of birds. A sandpiper and a sea eagle both have wings, but they are not the same. The singers love to sing of good men forced to go outside the law to fight some wicked lord, but most outlaws are more like this ravening Hound than they are the lightning lord. They are evil men, driven by greed, soured by malice, despising the gods and caring only for themselves. Broken men are more deserving of our pity, though they may be just as dangerous. Almost all are common-born, simple folk who had never been more than a mile from the house where they were born until the day some lord came round to take them off to war. Poorly shod and poorly clad, they march away beneath his banners, ofttimes with no better arms than a sickle or a sharpened hoe, or a maul they made themselves by lashing a stone to a stick with strips of hide. Brothers march with brothers, sons with fathers, friends with friends. They've heard the songs and stories, so they go off with eager hearts, dreaming of the wonders they will see, of the wealth and glory they will win. War seems a fine adventure, the greatest most of them will ever know.

"Then they get a taste of battle.

"For some, that one taste is enough to break them. Others go on for years, until they lose count of all the battles they have fought in, but even a man who has survived a hundred fights can break in his hundred-and-first. Brothers watch their brothers die, fathers lose their sons, friends see their friends trying to hold their entrails in after they've been gutted by an axe.

"They see the lord who led them there cut down, and some other lord shouts that they are his now. They take a wound, and when that's still half-healed they take another. There is never enough to eat, their shoes fall to pieces from the marching, their clothes are torn and rotting, and half of them are shitting in their breeches from drinking bad water.

"If they want new boots or a warmer cloak or maybe a rusted iron halfhelm, they need to take them from a corpse, and before long they are stealing from the living too, from the smallfolk whose lands they're fighting in, men very like the men they used to be. They slaughter their sheep and steal their chickens, and from there it's just a short step to carrying off their daughters too. And one day they look around and realize all their friends and kin are gone, that they are fighting beside strangers beneath a banner that they hardly recognize. They don't know where they are or how to get back home and the lord they're fighting for does not know their names, yet here he comes, shouting for them to form up, to make a line with their spears and scythes and sharpened hoes, to stand their ground. And the knights come down on them, faceless men clad all in steel, and the iron thunder of their charge seems to fill the world . . .

"And the man breaks.

"He turns and runs, or crawls off afterward over the corpses of the slain, or steals away in the black of night, and he finds someplace to hide. All thought of home is gone by then, and kings and lords and gods mean less to him than a haunch of spoiled meat that will let him live another day, or a skin of bad wine that might drown his fear for a few hours. The broken man lives from day to day, from meal to meal, more beast than man. YYYYYYY is not wrong. In times like these, the traveler must beware of broken men, and fear them . . . but he should pity them as well."

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

casting him as a tough guy would have been predictable
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

That Meribald monologue is one of the best (maybe the best) of the books and was super disappointed McShane wasn't allowed to go there. Still had fun but they definitely missed an opportunity.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

This Arya theory is pretty awesome and very plausible-

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comment ... f_are_the/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Stoned Starks wrote:That Meribald monologue is one of the best (maybe the best) of the books and was super disappointed McShane wasn't allowed to go there. Still had fun but they definitely missed an opportunity.
his PTSD flashback was pretty cool imo
1. Nas
2. Drake

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

unclebengi wrote:This Arya theory is pretty awesome and very plausible-

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comment ... f_are_the/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
that's interesting. i read another theory where they posited that jaquen was actually acting like arya when she requested the ship and walked around in public (after hiding in the dark with needle the prior episode) to lure the waif in order to see if the waif would kill arya without making her suffer. now jaquen will go after the waif or punish her, etc. while arya is still in hiding.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Jaquen is so committed to method acting that he continued the ruse even after falling off the bridge, walking around the city bleeding and terrified just in case somebody noticed him in disguise later that afternoon

That's actually why he sent Arya to kill the actress, bitch wasn't minding her Stanislavsky enough

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

:lol:

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

drizzle wrote:Jaquen is so committed to method acting that he continued the ruse even after falling off the bridge, walking around the city bleeding and terrified just in case somebody noticed him in disguise later that afternoon

That's actually why he sent Arya to kill the actress, bitch wasn't minding her Stanislavsky enough
fair enough. the same issue would apply to the other theory about arya and the waif being the same person

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

cool idea. he's throwing in mad non-fantasy tropes. time paradox, imaginary friend.

btw everyone had this freudian desire to see ramsay get offed. who's gonna be the bad guy if they do him in? bran turned ice king? cersei turned evil witch queen? we need a "nigga you love to hate" and i'm not rly seeing anybody right now. lilfinga? he could pull some foul shit on sansa.
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

I kinda like the Fight Club Arya theory, it's good fun. And the wounded stumbling wouldn't necessarily break it - it's still Arya stabbing herself, she's still really wounded. Only the idea of somebody else pretending to be Arya is disqualified by that. Plus, wouldn't they need her face to be able to faceswap into her?

The Fight Club idea is shaky in motivation though - Arya never wanted to really become a Faceless Man, she just wanted to learn their cool murder tricks to work her list. So why would she have a split personality that's working overtime for her to really get into it?

Anything they come up with to get her out of there is probably gonna feel a little dubious either way.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

People were saying that the water she drank but she's been seeing Waif before that if i recall.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

man can't believe the blackfish died off camera, dude creates all these great characters only for them to die unmemorable deaths.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

This Meereen shit is hilarious. Is this where they decided to cut the cgi budget for the episode? Nah, nobody wanted to see more of that battle.
Show really needed an extended Arya Bourne sequence.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

episode, like most of the season, was anticlimactic as fuck.

Guun

Post by Guun »

The writing of the past few episodes has been pretty bad. At this point, any of the pay-offs won't make any sense. At least the battle next week should be pretty dope.

I feel like they're also fucking with book readers at this point:
So many nods to lady stoneheart.. catelyn remembrance hour, brotherhood right next to a stream, having lem as a character only to kill him off the next episode

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

What was even the point of the riverrun shit?

CarlosDelgothoes

lol@the writers sitting at home reading the fan theories like 'fuck, you know maybe we should have done that?'

neither the waif or blackfish were killed on camera, so imma just assume they still alive