Game Of Thrones S6

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Ramen

Re: Game Of Thrones S6

Post by Ramen »

Arya brought the waif's face back to the house of black and white

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Blackfish is Syrio!

this season is flying with a weird combo of awesomeness to stupid/underwhelming. if it all just amounts to nothing more than jaime going back home with an army to support cersei while the hound joins up with the brotherhood I'll be heated

Arya's resolution felt like when you've been fucking for way too long and just getting kinda winded and tired and neither person seems that into it anymore so one of you pretends to cum just to get it over with
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

Ramen wrote:What was even the point of the riverrun shit?
literally asked the same thing while i was watching.

like i know that was a plotline and a thing that has happened, but i have no idea why i was watching it.

i find myself doing that with various plotlines during every season though...like "yeah i don't like this plotline, i'll just tune it out until it matters"

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Looks like they got all my letters about banning trial by combat though! Stoked on that.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Pretty amazing episode

Visually incredible

Definitely some obsurd shit happening but didn't really care

Knew that an army would swoop in and save them which sucks cause its lazy writing but whatever

Dude who directed this also did "Hardhome", he needs to do whatever battle episodes are left

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

when they first collided tho :ohsh:

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Very cathartic episode (and kind of the whole season after the last one).

That said, Sansa cost a lot of lives because of her playing the Littlefinger card without telling Jon. Interested to see if and how they pay that off in the future.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Visually amazing, logically absurd.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Stoned Starks wrote:Very cathartic episode (and kind of the whole season after the last one).

That said, Sansa cost a lot of lives because of her playing the Littlefinger card without telling Jon. Interested to see if and how they pay that off in the future.

Without Sansa's move, nobody would have lived. I think if anything, she is owed some credit and respect, which is what she's been after all this time anyways. Plus, the minute she dismissed Littlefinger earlier in the season for help, was the minute I knew he would be the one saving the day when this battle happened.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

The Khalseesi/iron island dyke handshake has my DYING. It was like a scene from "Over the top".

That battle was cool and all (Jon snow was "in the zone" out there) but I honestly had no idea who was who so it was just like a bunch of dudes with beards getting murdered by other dudes with beards.

Very satisfying episode though.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

The final scene seemed to pay homage to Silence of The Lambs. Even the way Ramsey said "Hello, Sansa" felt like it was an ode to Lecter.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Even though you knew exactly how it would play out, Sansa keeping the second army secret is still baffling, both in logistics and character motivation. She saved the day but she also watched most her bro's army die before doing anything because.... she was mad a Littlefinger or not sure if she wanted to use him or hoping they wouldn't need him? Like if Jon actually beat Ramsay on his own was Sansa gonna discreetly send the other army home like they were never there? I'm curious to see that convo with Jon in the next episode.

But who cares, plots are moving and the battle was great and that wolf banner looked majestic as fuck.

they probably spent so much of their budget on this episode the finale is just gonna be actors doing a table read of the script, i don't think they got any money left this year

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

Spectacular episode! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

drizzle wrote: they probably spent so much of their budget on this episode the finale is just gonna be actors doing a table read of the script, i don't think they got any money left this year
Seen somewhere that they had 20 million for this episode.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

best ep of the series. combining the mereen battle with the bastards was a great move, more exciting+better pacing than adhering strictly to the "dedicated episode" format of s2 & s4 ep 9's.

to those wondering why sansa held off: she is now playing the game. she made herself important by winning the battle for them. in their initial meeting lilfinga planted a bug in her ear: "half brother". every man jon loses makes sansa more important. she may be right or wrong to see him as a rival but that's how she's playing it.

i'm prob gonna watch (nearly) the whole ep again tonight. again, spectacular payoff. the only criticism i can come up with is that i thought we'd see ramsay do something even more fucked up to rickon.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Totally worth the entire season blowing ass chunks in order to blow their entire budget load on this ep. Kept thinking they were gonna kill Snow again or find someone way to piss us off, but this was legitimately the first completely 100% satisfying payoff in this show for me. Joff dog choking a bit and turning blue? Weak. Ramsey getting eaten alive by dogs after almost getting completely punched to death - fap. Way down with this episode. I never really noticed this before until those Stark banners went down again, but anyone else notice that the wolf looks like he got some kinda scales? Has that ever been brought up, or is that some kinda foreshadowing or am i just reaching too much?

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

thekeentwo wrote:Image
:lol:
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:to those wondering why sansa held off: she is now playing the game. she made herself important by winning the battle for them. in their initial meeting lilfinga planted a bug in her ear: "half brother". every man jon loses makes sansa more important. she may be right or wrong to see him as a rival but that's how she's playing it.
this is how i saw it as well. she outmaneuvered her brother and came in at the last minute purposefully. she knew jon's army could not defeat ramsey's and even knew that ramsey would end up manipulating jon emotionally to make him act irrationally and do something dumb. sansa coldly but correctly saw rickon as already dead and had moved on before the battle even began. by allowing jon's army to be decimated she gains power. she may not have even known if jon was still alive or not in that pile o' bodies when she swooped in. her behavior in the battle and the little enjoyment at ramsey's torture shows her opening to her rational, ruthless, sociopathic side, which helped give her superior political and military skills in this episode.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

she think she playing chess but she still playing checkers.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

she is playing the Game of Thrones

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Lilfinger won't outsmart her. I think he's sprung. Smart dude etc but his weakness is plucky redheads. I think they
A) bang
B) turn on each other and sansa outfoxes him
C) all of the above
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

So your guys' theory is that she purposefully undermined and nearly killed her most important ally, in order to position herself better for what exactly? A succession claim that's her's to begin with? Since Rickon is as good as dead, and all other are Starks presumed dead too, she's the last one who can rightfully claim Wintefell. Jon's claim is tenuous and he doesn't seem to want it anyway; he doesn't seem interested in power at all, only stopping the White Walkers (which Sansa very much needs him and wildlings for btw). So what exactly are they rivals for?

She may not trust Jon completely, probably doesn't trust anybody anymore, and she's definitely picking up some things from Littlefinger. Maybe she doesn't trust his ability to command. But that still doesn't mean she sees Jon as a rival that needs to be outmaneuvered or sacrificed. There's a lot to be gained from keeping him around.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

it was several eps ago she wrote to lilfinger and she didn't mention anything to jon. her argument with jon over # troops should be seen in this context: could have told him they're coming, so hold off.

it can't be that she resisted bringing in lilfinger til the last moment, as she'd already written to him. couldn't be that she hoped they wouldn't need the finger, the whole argument was about needing more men.

right after the vale forces plow through the union jack attack & the 3 baddest dudes in the norf rush the gates, sansa gives a look then like she's impressed with jon; she may have already written him off like she did rickon. like she predicted, he did fall into ramsay's trap.
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

she predicted he'd fall into the trap because he's a dumbass, yes. that still provides no motivation to her seeing him as a rival or undermining him. a more plausible take is that she simply didn't trust Jon to plan/command well and thought he'd lose the advantage or still get outmaneuvered by Ramsey even with the cavalry in tow. which is still a little thin but closer than Secret Rival Sansa imo.

she wrote to littlefinger only after it became obvious that they weren't gonna raise more men. she was absolutely hoping they wouldn't need him, because she doesn't trust him and he sold her out before and the vale's army is still his even if they help. that's why she sent him away, and then changed her mind when there were no other options left. and that happened several episodes ago because it takes time for littlefinger's army to get there, just like it took time for Jon's army to get there. that was the last minute, when it became clear nobody else was signing up.

Sansa is def on the comeup as a character and it's tempting to assign her with ill offscreen strategies but I think this was just halfassed writing in service of an ill dramatic moment. There's been shit like this in every episode this season, sometimes more than once. Same thing as Dany hiding giant dragons behind boulders for dramatic entrances on que.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

pretty much

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

she predicted he'd fall into the trap because he's a dumbass, yes. that still provides no motivation to her seeing him as a rival or undermining him. a more plausible take is that she simply didn't trust Jon to plan/command well and thought he'd lose the advantage or still get outmaneuvered by Ramsey even with the cavalry in tow. which is still a little thin but closer than Secret Rival Sansa imo.
these are pretty similar interpretations imo. she wants her own agency, and she knows that jon can't protect her. she takes the power for herself rather than giving it to him.

"half brother"

it got to her. and even though jon wouldn't betray her, he will sideline her. eg not asking advice on how to deal with ramsay. she's making moves for herself/looking out for #1. may have even written off jon (did she look surprised to see him alive+charging towards the castle?)

i'm not saying she plotted his demise. he's still her ally. but she's not out to save him from himself..... she's out to win the

GAaaaaaa HAME GAME OF THROooooo HONES GAME OF THRONES
1. Nas
2. Drake

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

what does letting Jon and his army get her? certainly not her own army. they barely scraped together what they had, doubt they stick around if Jon falls. she's dumb as hell if she fell for that line.

she complaining about no one listening to her yet she keeping valuable information secret gtfoh

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

binary

Post by binary »

drizzle wrote:So your guys' theory is that she purposefully undermined and nearly killed her most important ally, in order to position herself better for what exactly? A succession claim that's her's to begin with? Since Rickon is as good as dead, and all other are Starks presumed dead too, she's the last one who can rightfully claim Wintefell. Jon's claim is tenuous and he doesn't seem to want it anyway; he doesn't seem interested in power at all, only stopping the White Walkers (which Sansa very much needs him and wildlings for btw). So what exactly are they rivals for?

This. It was a fun as hell episode but it made no goddamn sense.