Philaflava.com :: • View topic - Netflix originals thread




It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Netflix originals thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:10 pm 
Offline
I made Daylight, yo!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 15205
Location: nyc
I assume this thread might already exist and I know there are tons of thread for specific shows but...
What are you guys fucking with, as far as netflix originals/tv series on netflix?

I recently watched Black Mirror and loved it. (not a netflix original but it's new to me so fuck you)
Started watching "Bloodline" and it has potential.
Obviously, bojack, house of cards ,unbreakable and Wet hot are all known but are any of the others worth the time?

_________________
http://phatfriend.com/
https://twitter.com/BlockheadNYC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:53 pm
Posts: 13459
Location: San Jose, CA
There's already a black mirror thread... :lol:

But I fuck with sense8. It's a good show, watched it in like 4 days.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:30 pm 
Offline
King of The DPB'rs
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:37 am
Posts: 80696
Really dug Bloodline and I'm a huge Lindsey Weir fan.

_________________
T.R.O.Y.
Steady Bloggin'
Take It Personal


@philaflava
IG@philaflava


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:10 pm
Posts: 2858
Daredevil is the best recent show IMO. Peaky Blinders starts slow, but I enjoyed it, only 6 episodes or so. Plan to watch Sense 8 soon. Heard so many mixed things about Bloodline, but plan to give it a shot eventually. Rectify and Top Of The Lake aren't Netflix originals, but are worth watching too.

_________________
http://welistenforyou.blogspot.com/search/label/Bengi

@unclebengi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:57 pm 
Offline
King Duggan

Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 29228
Location: Hang Gliding Off Motherfuckin Versace Sky Scrapers
Watched Bloodline twice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:17 pm 
Offline
Awesome Vatican Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:55 pm
Posts: 54998
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems
Peaky Blinders builds nicely, the second series was even better than the first imo

I think Daredevil, WHAS and Bojack were my favorites of their originals so far.

_________________
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:02 am
Posts: 17448
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is really great if you like The Office/30 Rock type humor.
They have a lot of solid comedy specials. Jim Jefferies Bare comes to mind.
Also if for baseball fans, The Battered Bastards of Baseball is a pretty great documentary.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:40 pm 
Offline
I made Daylight, yo!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 15205
Location: nyc
I tried watching daredevil and couldn't make myself care. But, then again, superhero type shit is not my bag.
I'mma peep that baseball doc tho, thanks for the heads up.

_________________
http://phatfriend.com/
https://twitter.com/BlockheadNYC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:51 pm 
Offline
Awesome Vatican Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:55 pm
Posts: 54998
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems
Blockhead wrote:
I tried watching daredevil and couldn't make myself care. But, then again, superhero type shit is not my bag.


yea you gotta be into the mask stuff otherwise it'll be whatever. but if you're into that then it's probably the best live action tv show adaptation of an american comic ever

_________________
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:53 pm
Posts: 13459
Location: San Jose, CA
Couldn't finish bloodline. Too boring.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:16 pm
Posts: 12262
Location: burn pile
finished daredevil, real boring.
word to that battered basterds doc

_________________
moved by duck muscles


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:46 pm 
Offline
King of The DPB'rs
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:37 am
Posts: 80696
Tommy Bunz wrote:
Also if for baseball fans, The Battered Bastards of Baseball is a pretty great documentary.



What's this about? Last baseball doc I saw was the Doc Ellis on Showtime.

_________________
T.R.O.Y.
Steady Bloggin'
Take It Personal


@philaflava
IG@philaflava


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:02 am
Posts: 17448
Philaflava wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:
Also if for baseball fans, The Battered Bastards of Baseball is a pretty great documentary.



What's this about? Last baseball doc I saw was the Doc Ellis on Showtime.


Its about Kurt Russell's dad's independent minor league team in the 70's.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 6214
Location: St. Pete, Florida
There's a British comedy that I loved last year, that I just recently discovered became a Netflix original. Try to ignore the terrible name, but the show is called Scrotal Recall. It's about a guy who discovers he's contracted a very curable STD, so he decides to confront each woman he's recently been with to inform them.
It's funny considering the subject matter. Only 6 episodes. Binge it in under 3 hours. I'm hoping for a second season, but haven't heard anything yet.

_________________
www.dailyautograph.com
https://instagram.com/dailyautograph
keystothebattersbox.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:53 pm
Posts: 13459
Location: San Jose, CA
If you're into anime at all "knights of sidonia" is good. and I'll second that Jim Jeffries standup. Dude is hilarious


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:15 am
Posts: 3813
Dan wrote:
There's a British comedy that I loved last year, that I just recently discovered became a Netflix original. Try to ignore the terrible name, but the show is called Scrotal Recall. It's about a guy who discovers he's contracted a very curable STD, so he decides to confront each woman he's recently been with to inform them.
It's funny considering the subject matter. Only 6 episodes. Binge it in under 3 hours. I'm hoping for a second season, but haven't heard anything yet.



Was about to mention this, super funny.

_________________
hustler wrote:
if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:48 pm
Posts: 6347
I'm looking forward to Narcos later this month.



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:18 am
Posts: 9789
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed
Yeah, came in to post Narcos. Looks dope


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:02 am
Posts: 6749
Are any of these shows actually good? They all seemed to be rated fairly high.

I just finished the first season of Jessica Jones and I thought it was just ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:25 pm 
Offline
I made Daylight, yo!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 15205
Location: nyc
Jessica jones is just okay, indeed. mad people were sucking it off but it hasn't done much for me. To be fair, i don't generally care about super hero based things, even though this one is admittedly subtle.
Also, on some truly petty complaint shit, she buys liquor in an NYC bodega. Bodegas don't sell booze (legally) in NYC and she picked up a bottle of jack from behind the counter like it was breath mints. Those kinda oversights make me think the people who made it are fucking idiots. They're filming in NYC, you think someone woulda been like "hey, that doesn't exist...have her go to a liquor store". :owens:

_________________
http://phatfriend.com/
https://twitter.com/BlockheadNYC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:28 pm 
Offline
King of The DPB'rs
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:37 am
Posts: 80696
Started Jessica Jones last night after I finished Transparent S2. So far, so decent. I think I might have gotten spoiled by Daredevil. Better actors, hotter broads.

_________________
T.R.O.Y.
Steady Bloggin'
Take It Personal


@philaflava
IG@philaflava


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:40 pm 
Offline
Awesome Vatican Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:55 pm
Posts: 54998
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems
Daredevil has D'onofrio, but I think otherwise dramatically it's worse than JJ in every way. Ritter is a much more interesting lead, as both an actress and a character. BUT Jessica Jones is much slower and much more focused on character than action and that shit noticeably drags in the middle, even though it's pretty well executed. Daredevil's fast pace and Kingpin's thug tearz cover a lot of dumb shit that would've stuck out more sorely otherwise.

_________________
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:02 am
Posts: 6749
so whats good with shows like the fall, narcos etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:02 am
Posts: 17448
Literally just had this exact thread a couple months ago so I merged them.
Also there are separate threads for a lot of these shows if you search for them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:53 pm
Posts: 13459
Location: San Jose, CA
drizzle wrote:
Daredevil has D'onofrio, but I think otherwise dramatically it's worse than JJ in every way. Ritter is a much more interesting lead, as both an actress and a character. BUT Jessica Jones is much slower and much more focused on character than action and that shit noticeably drags in the middle, even though it's pretty well executed. Daredevil's fast pace and Kingpin's thug tearz cover a lot of dumb shit that would've stuck out more sorely otherwise.

This. I enjoyed the hell out of daredevil, but jj is better. Better charcter development. The work they did with kilgrave was real good.
Block doesn't like it because it stars a woman. Lol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:02 am
Posts: 6749
I feel like killgrave was the driving force. Could really care less about the other characters.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:27 pm 
Offline
I made Daylight, yo!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 15205
Location: nyc
alpha wrote:
drizzle wrote:
Daredevil has D'onofrio, but I think otherwise dramatically it's worse than JJ in every way. Ritter is a much more interesting lead, as both an actress and a character. BUT Jessica Jones is much slower and much more focused on character than action and that shit noticeably drags in the middle, even though it's pretty well executed. Daredevil's fast pace and Kingpin's thug tearz cover a lot of dumb shit that would've stuck out more sorely otherwise.

This. I enjoyed the hell out of daredevil, but jj is better. Better charcter development. The work they did with kilgrave was real good.
Block doesn't like it because it stars a woman. Lol


Not at all. I couldn't even get through an episode of Daredevil. Superheroes are corny.

_________________
http://phatfriend.com/
https://twitter.com/BlockheadNYC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:38 pm 
Offline
Saved By The Bellhop

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:02 pm
Posts: 20876
Location: San Diego
Narcos was great.

_________________
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:53 pm
Posts: 13459
Location: San Jose, CA
#FU2016


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:25 am
Posts: 446
only 3 episodes into narcos but it's got me. having the narration go full liotta was unnecessary but I don't mind it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.