Anyone watching Master of None?

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

CarlosDelgothoes

Re: Anyone watching Master of None?

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

Cleanhobo wrote:At times it's blatantly obvious that the acting is terribly unnatural due to the script being overwrought.
you literally have no idea what you're talking about :lol:

Post by 907 »

How dare you, Hobo is a accomplished screenwriter!

(if you consider getting arrested for stealing beers from the bar of a screenwriting comp out of anger after your script generates zero interest an accomplishment. Hobo does!)
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

CarlosDelgothoes

907 wrote:(if you consider getting arrested for stealing beers from the bar of a screenwriting comp out of anger after your script generates zero interest an accomplishment. Hobo does!)
oh god, i completely forgot about that.

Hobo, did you ever go into detail on this story? I feel like it needs a refresh.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

He did, and of course it went from "I didn't really steal them or get arrested" to "Yeah, I did steal them and get arrested"
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

CarlosDelgothoes

i don't think that's what actually happened.

it smacks of classic Hoboism 'something bad happened to me, let me flip it to make myself look cool.' Of course to us it's degenerate behaviour, but in his head getting arrested for stealing beers from a convention bar makes him look like Johnny Drama on Entourage.

but that's not what happened.

I think he went into a pitch session and got the 'very nice, keep working on your writing' wave off. Because he'd been pinning all his hopes on this one moment, he couldn't cope with it. Look how he acts on here when people don't take him seriously or refuse to network with him.

I think he started getting aggressive with the producers and refused to leave until they optioned his blue collar gangsta flick about a former bellhop who takes to the streets after his best friend gets killed, sister is raped and wife leaves with the kids for a cool $5milly.

So they called security who beat him until he thought he was black and tossed him to the curb.

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

CarlosDelgothoes wrote:
Cleanhobo wrote:At times it's blatantly obvious that the acting is terribly unnatural due to the script being overwrought.
you literally have no idea what you're talking about :lol:
:fail:
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

I've told this story numerous times, but since you motherfuckers have the memory of intuition's dad..

I pitched my ass off for three days (80mph). The festival went about as well as it could have. I had a few script requests, exchanged emails and business cards, etcetera. Most people I spoke to were getting rejected left and right and agency reps weren't even letting them finish their pitches before rudely interrupting them with nonsensical "advice" about how to fix their scripts. I had nothing but good experiences. Everyone was really kind. I certainly wasn't going to take any shit from them if they gave it, but I never needed to.

After all that I went to the bar where a lot of the writers were hanging out after the festival was over. We had a few drinks while shooting the shit, and then I got up to hit the restroom. As I passed the ballroom where we were pitching (90mph) I noticed there were buckets full of beers that the producers, managers, and agents didn't drink. I said fuck it, grabbed a stack of 'em and handed them out to some of the writers I was hanging with. About 30 minutes later a security guard with the hotel told me I needed to pay for the beers. I refused to pay and he told me if I wasn't going to pay I'd have to leave. I told him I'd pay for the one beer I drank, but the others would have to be charged to whomever drank them. They asked me to point out who drank the other beers, so I randomly pointed to three people that had nothing to do with the festival. At this point I had about three dudes surrounding me and they were pissed. One guy was buff as shit with a crooked nose. I kept telling him I'd break his nose and straighten it out for him. He could hardly control his anger. Now, at this point, and many other points after getting approached about the beers, I easily could've got up out of my chair and left. I chose not to. Not the smartest move, but fuck it. I was having a good time.

That's when the pigs showed up. They started asking me questions, I gave them some shit, they told me to pay or I was getting cuffed. I called their bluff but it turned out they weren't bluffing. It took all three of them to get me to the ground. My sprawl would've made The Iceman proud. Eventually I stopped resisting and they cuffed me and put me in the back of a squad car. 20 minutes later they had me call my friend Enrique. I was staying at his pad in L.A. for the festival. One of the officers told me I probably shouldn't drive my car since I'd been drinking, so he was kind enough to give me a ride to my buddy's pad.

End of story. I just typed that on my phone and it took me five hours. Fuck you guys.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

binary

Post by binary »

As a fellow brown guy, I really wanted to like this, but I found it cliche and boring.