No Soup for E!

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

No Soup for E!

Post by SYM »

http://deadline.com/2015/11/the-soup-ca ... 1201629015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Soup is nearing The End. E! said this morning its weekly series skewering pop culture will bow out on December 18, ending the franchise’s 22-year run.

The show premiered in 1991 as Talk Soup and famously launched the career of original host Greg Kinnear, who hosted until 1995. He was followed by John Henson (1995-99), Hal Sparks (1999-2000) and Aisha Tyler (2001-02). It was re-launched as The Soup in 2004 with current host Joel McHale. The series earned a 2014 Emmy nom for Outstanding Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Program’

This morning’s announcement comes a year after E! announced it extended its deal with McHale through 2016 to remain at the helm of the comedy show. That deal also called for McHale’s production company, Free Period Productions to continue its production development arrangement giving the network first-look rights to non-scripted series. That pact marked the first major talent deal to close under new E! programming chief Jeff Olde, who called McHale “a valued fixture at the network for both his industry know-how and comic relief.” At the time of that announcement, McHale quipped, “I’m confident that I can keep up the same quality of humorous observation of shows like Naked Dating and Bad Girls Club Season 12 Reunion Part 2 that the American people age 18-49 have come to expect and deserve.”
i won't lie, the show got increasingly terrible and for some reason i kept watching. if you're gonna be going down in flames, you might as well laugh about it the whole way. that said the fiasco at talladega was pretty brutal to watch. i really liked the show when they kept the format simple.

how does tosh still have a show?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: No Soup for E!

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

John Henson version>>>>>>>

Are those old henson talk soup episodes available on torrents? There's not much out there on youtube...

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I liked Joel McHale in this role, even as it continued its' downward spiral i still got a legitimate lol at least once a show.
UBM CD COMING SOON

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

ah damn. missed maybe three or four episodes out of mchales whole run and keep every ep back to jan 2014 on my hard drive (and years prior to that on an external). there's very little out there as funny as the soup. am back on the nascar ep but guess imma watch that and catch up on the rest here this evening

moved by duck muscles

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

yeah John Henson was the best and after that I saw a few episodes with Aisha Tyler where she was someone capable. whatever happened to either of those two?

i recently looked up Senor Sock on YouTube a while back and saw a skit with Greg Kinnear as the host, and John Henson was playing an extra in the skit.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Aisha Tyler replaced Drew Carey as the host on Whose Line Is It Anyway?. This upcoming season will be her 4th.

Post by 907 »

A 26 year old wrote:John Henson version>>>>>>>

Are those old henson talk soup episodes available on torrents? There's not much out there on youtube...
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.