The Oscars '16 Thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: The Oscars '16 Thread

Post by Philaflava »

Great acting. Overall kinda boring and made me dislike Jobs even more.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

got a ton of screeners for this season i haven't gotten around to watching yet, feeling like a turd.

straight outta compton
steve jobs
room
brooklyn
beasts of no nation
big short
spotlight

i really am at a loss as to where to start.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Post/sig

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Philaflava wrote:Great acting. Overall kinda boring and made me dislike Jobs even more.
I disagree in part with your analysis.

Sorkin's dialogue is borderline laconic nowadays. It doesn't sizzle with the same "I'm On Crack And Psychedelic Mushrooms Right Now So I Will Write A Script" intensity. You needn't travel too far backward in time for evidence: The Social Network, in my estimation, is like a book-on-film as it tackles so many complex, stupid, and sprawling themes. His shit was coke-razor sharp.

Fassbender is one of my Man-Crushes so I have nothing negative to add about his performance. He carried subpar material in a distinctly interesting enough manner to invigorate his role as Jobs.

Huge misfire on the parts of Sorkin and Boyle.

starks

Post by starks »

alpha wrote:So is the Steve jobs movie good?
super boring

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Employee wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Great acting. Overall kinda boring and made me dislike Jobs even more.
I disagree in part with your analysis.

Sorkin's dialogue is borderline laconic nowadays. It doesn't sizzle with the same "I'm On Crack And Psychedelic Mushrooms Right Now So I Will Write A Script" intensity. You needn't travel too far backward in time for evidence: The Social Network, in my estimation, is like a book-on-film as it tackles so many complex, stupid, and sprawling themes. His shit was coke-razor sharp.

Fassbender is one of my Man-Crushes so I have nothing negative to add about his performance. He carried subpar material in a distinctly interesting enough manner to invigorate his role as Jobs.

Huge misfire on the parts of Sorkin and Boyle.
Hmmm. Sounds like you do agree tho.

Post by 907 »

SYM wrote:got a ton of screeners for this season i haven't gotten around to watching yet, feeling like a turd.

straight outta compton
steve jobs
room
brooklyn
beasts of no nation
big short
spotlight

i really am at a loss as to where to start.
Beasts of no nation was probably the best new flick I watched last year. I loved End of the Tour as well, but Beasts is the better movie of the two.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Post by 360 »

I can't tell if Fassbenders acting was that top notch in jobs. It was good but his voice and demeanor annoyed me which was probably how Steve Jobs was so now I'm thinking Fassbender did a great job.

Wow, talk about full circle in post.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

360 wrote:I can't tell if Fassbenders acting was that top notch in jobs. It was good but his voice and demeanor annoyed me which was probably how Steve Jobs was so now I'm thinking Fassbender did a great job.

Wow, talk about full circle in post.
post/user name combo