New TV Shows Premiering This Month (July)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Dan

New TV Shows Premiering This Month (July)

Post by Dan »

Here’s what’s premiering for the month of July.

All or Nothing: A Season with the Arizona Cardinals (Amazon Prime)

For the first time in history, Amazon and NFL Films present an unprecedented look at the lives of players, coaches and owners of the Arizona Cardinals over an entire NFL season. Witness the real life, behind the scenes journey with Head coach Bruce Arians, President Michael Bidwill, General Manager Steve Keim, and Pro Bowlers Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald, Patrick Peterson, and Tyrann Mathieu. (Premieres July 1st)

Marcella (Netflix)

Her marriage just ended and she’s returning to work as a London detective after 12 years away. Is the serial killer she once investigated back, too? (Premieres July 1st)

Greatest Ever (truTV)

Hosted by comedian Amanda Seales, Greatest Ever is a fast-paced, informative and fun pop-culture comedy countdown show that takes viewers through the "do's" and "don'ts" of topics like weddings, animal videos, sports, politicians and awesomely, unintentionally funny inventions, infomercials and products. (Premieres July 5th)

American Tarzan (Discovery)

On a remote Caribbean island, seven challengers will take on Mother Nature’s most brutal obstacle course. Their goal: to not only survive the wild, but to master it. (Premieres July 6th)

The Night Of (HBO)

From creators Steven Zaillian and Richard Price, The Night Of is an eight-part limited series that delves into the intricate story of a fictitious murder case in New York City. The series follows the police investigation and legal proceedings, all the while examining the criminal justice system and the purgatory of Rikers Island, where the accused awaits his trial. (Premieres July 10th)

Black and White (A&E)

Taped in front of a studio audience, Black and White is a smart, funny and honest conversation about race in America. The show tackles current and relevant stories in the news through the prism of race and uses comedy to diffuse the tension. Utilizing sketch, parody and social experiments, this series shines a light on the state of race in our country. Joined by celebrity guests and commentators, our hosts take on the issues of race in this eight episode studio based comedy show. Hosts, Christian Finnegan and Sherrod Small have been fixtures on the stand-up comedy scene for over a decade and are best known for their off-the-cuff commentary which has been featured on numerous series and talk shows over the years. (Premieres July 13th)

The A Word (Sundance TV)

Dramatic, thought-provoking and lighthearted, The A Word captures an authentic portrait of a contemporary family after their young son is diagnosed with autism. The series tracks the lives of 5-year-old Joe (Max Vento); Joe’s parents, Paul (Lee Ingleby, Our Zoo, Inspector George Gently) and Alison (Morven Christie, Grantchester), who struggle with parenting philosophies; his aunt and uncle, Nicola (Vinette Robinson, Sherlock) and Eddie (Greg McHugh, Fresh Meat), who are working through unfaithfulness in their marriage; and his grandfather, Maurice (Chris Eccleston, The Leftovers, Fortitude), a recent widower and the owner of the family brewery. (Premieres July 13th)

Democracy Handbook with Bassem Youssef (Fusion)

Known as the “Jon Stewart of Egypt,” Youssef’s new satirical series, which will also have a corresponding television special, will follow the host as he comes to America to learn the lessons of democracy so he can import them back to the Middle East — but learns stateside democracy isn’t quite as great as he thought. (Premieres July 14th)

HarmonQuest (Seeso)

Adapted from an improv segment on his Harmontown podcast, the part animated, part live-action series brings Dan Harmon and his comedian friends together to play fantasy roleplaying game Pathfinder. All 10 episodes were shot in front of a live audience last year, and feature comedians Erin McGathy, Jeff B. Davis and "Game Master" Spencer Crittenden. Special guests include Aubrey Plaza, Ron Funches and Paul F. Tompkins, who join Harmon and Co. as they dream up increasingly absurd characters within the dungeons realm. (Premieres July 14th)

Stranger Things (Netflix)

When a young boy vanishes, a small town uncovers a mystery involving secret experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one strange little girl. (Premieres July 15th)

Vice Principals (HBO)

The new comedy series, created by Danny McBride and Jody Hill, follows a high school and the two people who almost run it. (Premieres July 17th)

Hell Below (Smithsonian Channel)

They traveled alone and in packs. They collected intelligence and launched attacks. They rose above the ocean depths and ultimately changed the course of war. Chart some of the most dramatic and influential submarine patrols of World War II, from the perspective of the naval masterminds who plotted the strategies to the tenacious and aggressive commanders who carried them out. Follow the ongoing challenges the Axis and Allies faced as they pushed the limits of their vessels in pursuit or in escape. (Premieres July 17th)

Wasted (Channel 4)

Lovable fantasy fanatic Morpheus, (Danny Kirrane Trollied), manages a bong shop, Stoned Henge with his neurotic sister Sarah (Rose Reynolds The World’s End). His secret crush is their mate Alison (Gwyneth Keyworth Game of Thrones), the quirky girl who runs a tattoo business out the back of the shop, and his cocky best friend Kent (Dylan Edwards The Job Lot) sleeps on the sofa, rent free. Together they’ve been living in each other’s pockets since school and aren’t moving anywhere fast.
But Morpheus is a dreamer, and his dreams take the form of his hero Sean Bean (Game of Thrones), who appears in full medieval garb, as Morpheus' personal spirit guide, to help him navigate the rough seas of wasting your twenties.
Fun, facetious and jam-packed with surreal visual sequences, Wasted is a series about the stupid things you get up to when there's nothing much to do. (Premieres July 26th)

Ozzy & Jack’s World Detour (History)

Ozzy & Jack’s World Detour stars heavy metal legend, Ozzy Osbourne and his son, Jack. In this new 10-episode hour-long non-scripted series, the self-proclaimed history nerds hit the road in a father-son journey they’ve waited years to take. There will be no roadies, no tour buses and no boundaries. Just a bucket list of iconic and historically significant spots that includes Mt. Rushmore, Stonehenge, The Alamo, Roswell, The Jamestown Settlement and Sun Studios and a hit list of some fascinating sights and people that they’ve read about. From a Cold War era Missile Silo to Bletchley Park; from gold miner Rattlesnake Randy’s stream of dreams to vintage tank collector Allan Cors’ private museum of working war machines, Ozzy and Jack get their eyes and hands on history. (Premieres July 27th)

Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh (Netflix)

Picking up where the hit 2015 animated film left off and building upon their enduring friendship, this coming-of-age buddy comedy follows fearless Tip and overenthusiastic Oh, as they navigate the crazily combined human and alien culture they live in, finding adventure everywhere they go. The series will also include tons of memorable and toe-tapping original music that highlight Rachel Crow’s extraordinary vocal talents. (Premieres July 29th)

Last Chance U (Netflix)

Elite athletes in tough life circumstances struggle to keep up the pace on a champion community college football team in this documentary series. (Premieres July 29th)

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Re: New TV Shows Premiering This Month (July)

Post by drizzle »

definitely Vice Principals, been waiting for that shit for a year

Stranger Things maybe, feels kinda classic Spilbergian in concept

would watch the shit out of The Shooter if Marky Mark was playing Swagger again, but might give Phillipe a whirl cause he's kind of a g too
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah I'm definitely in for Vice Principals, and the trailer for Stranger Things looked pretty cool, but I'll wait for the reviews to come in first.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

The Night of looks dope.

Dan

Post by Dan »

I'm in for The Night Of, Vice Principals, and Wasted.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

drizzle wrote: Stranger Things maybe, feels kinda classic Spilbergian in concept
called it, apparently it was sold as a Spielberg homage. AV club likes it a lot

http://www.avclub.com/review/netflixs-s ... rda-239435" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

I'm excited for it after the trailer. Music and atmosphere seem very on point.

Dan

Post by Dan »

USA has rescheduled Shooter for the fall because of the recent shootings. I guess mass shootings will finally be a thing of the past come November.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Dan wrote:USA has rescheduled Shooter for the fall because of the recent shootings. I guess mass shootings will finally be a thing of the past come November.
lololol

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

Vice Principals has my attention for now.

Post by 907 »

Besides the shows mentioned, I'd check out the Harmon thing just out of my love for Community. Anyone know what the fuck Seeso is?
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Dan

Post by Dan »

907 wrote:Besides the shows mentioned, I'd check out the Harmon thing just out of my love for Community. Anyone know what the fuck Seeso is?
Seeso is a subscription-based online comedy channel owned by NBC. It's $3.99/month and includes original content as well as previously aired comedy shows like SNL, Monty Python, Fallon, etc...